2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (Barry_Braksick, Adam Reynolds, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Cheeeeee, 8 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2390209 02/24/15 03:30 AM
K
Kanon Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi,

My 7 year old CVP407 has developed a sensitivity issue on a couple of keys. ie when I play some music certain keys sound louder than expected. I understand that this is usually resolved by replacing the rubber contact strips.

Looking at the service manual, I noticed that there are two felt stopper strip which I think makes sense to replace while im in there. Are there any other parts that I should consider replacing that are likely to cause an issue in the future?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Mark

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
If you are going in there, you might want the magic grease that the keyboard makers use on their plastic actions, if the CVP uses a plastic action? Some people have managed to get some from the manufacturers, others have used lithium (I think) grease. Worth a call into Yamaha I think with such a good model.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
To be honest, I'd give Yamaha a call, explain the situation, and ask if they can recommend a technician to have the instrument serviced.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
K
Kanon Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
If you are going in there, you might want the magic grease that the keyboard makers use on their plastic actions, if the CVP uses a plastic action? Some people have managed to get some from the manufacturers, others have used lithium (I think) grease. Worth a call into Yamaha I think with such a good model.

Grease for plastic is usually silicone based but if there is silicone rubber involved then a lithium based lubricant would be used. I will check with Yamaha like you say and see what they say. I haven't stripped the piano down yet as I would like to have it in bits for a short a time as possible hence my question about what to replace while i'm in there.

Originally Posted by Kawai James
To be honest, I'd give Yamaha a call, explain the situation, and ask if they can recommend a technician to have the instrument serviced.

I checked with Yamaha and the nearest service centre is 600 miles away. I appreciate the advice, which I would give the same to anyone else, I am confident in my ability to replace these parts and restore the 407 to its original state. If I wasn't I wouldn't be taking the risk with such an expensive instrument.

Kind regards,
Mark

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission