2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Carey, AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, booms, 6 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
OP Offline
C
Hi, I recently purchased a Casio Celviano AP-650 digital piano because I liked the keyboard feel and wanted to use its internal 30W+30W app to play instruments through an iPad with GarageBand. I connect the piano midi output to the iPad dock connector and the iPad headphone output to the piano line-in input.

Basically, what I want to do is shown on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V52wSTUxCw4

However, I found no way on the Celviano to mute the sound coming from the piano as I play it. On the video the guy demonstrates how to turn off the internal sound of the keyboard (Casio WK 7500) so only the iPad sound is heard though the piano speakers.

But with the Celviano, both the iPad sound and the piano sound are heard together.

How do I disable the internal sound of the piano?

Any ideas or experiences are appreciated.

Thanks,

Joan

C
OP Offline
C
Never mind. I found the Local Control setting. I just had to set it to OFF to get the desired effect.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
You can set the piano volume to "zero" then store it in a memory bank. . . I do this when I use Pianoteq, so the on board piano doesn`t sound; probably wouldn`t anyway if I set the MIDI stuff correctly. But this way is easier. . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Carbonat: As you found out ... the local control setting is just the ticket for what you want.

peterws: Turning down the volume to zero would give him no sound at all. What would be the point?

Turning it to zero on the internal control doesn`t affect the volume of anything else. So when you call up the stored(zero) setting, only the external sound source plays.

"[Linked Image]"
C
OP Offline
C
Hi, thanks for your replies. @petews, I am happy with the way I found to switch the piano sounds off, but I'm curious about your method. I found how to adjust the "metronome volume" the "auto accompaniment volume" and the "song volume". But is there such a thing as the "internal control volume"?. The main volume control on the piano also silences the "line-in" input, which is not what I want. (just curious about how you achieve the desired effect) Thanks

Originally Posted by Carbonat
Hi, thanks for your replies. @petews, I am happy with the way I found to switch the piano sounds off, but I'm curious about your method. I found how to adjust the "metronome volume" the "auto accompaniment volume" and the "song volume". But is there such a thing as the "internal control volume"?. The main volume control on the piano also silences the "line-in" input, which is not what I want. (just curious about how you achieve the desired effect) Thanks

I assume the same applies to your piano as my Yamaha. There is an internal system whereby you can alter peripheral sounds and effects on all the voices. On mine, I have 3.

1) Deals with volume level, reverb type and volume (intensity), string resonance, Stereo balance, keyboard split point and others.
2) Displays Chorus effects of which there are too many for me to be bothered with.
3) Access to DSP (Digital Sound Processing) things like chorus, really. Rotary speaker, fast slow.

All too much for an ole bugga like me. But relative volume is useful for multi instrument music. Each instrument can be set to it`s own parameter and stored.

Once stored, it`s easy to retrieve and use. I had a look at the AP 650 with view to purchase, but chose the DGX650 instead! Like, better the devil you know . . .

"[Linked Image]"
D
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
D
Hi, I recently purchased a Casio Celviano AP-650 digital piano because I liked the keyboard feel and wanted to use its internal 30W+30W app to play instruments through an iPad with GarageBand.

A little suggestion, Garangeband piano sounds are pretty poor. You may want to try something like iGrand or, if you need more than pianos, Sampletank. You have got trial versions for both.

Roland FP-4F, Korg Kross 61, iRig Keys Pro, HD58X, HD598, Focal Spirit Pro, RME Babyface, M-Track Plus, Roland DuoCapture, Presonus Eris E5, iLoud micro monitors, M1 Mac mini, iPad Pro, HP Elite X2, Ivory II ACD, Korg Module for iPad, Garritan CFX full, Vienna Imperial, Ravenscroft, Kawai-Ex Pro
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Digitalguy
Hi, I recently purchased a Casio Celviano AP-650 digital piano because I liked the keyboard feel and wanted to use its internal 30W+30W app to play instruments through an iPad with GarageBand.

A little suggestion, Garangeband piano sounds are pretty poor. You may want to try something like iGrand or, if you need more than pianos, Sampletank. You have got trial versions for both.

+1. But even iGrand and Sampletank can't yet compete with most of the better DP inbuilt piano sounds, however they are good fun to explore.

Originally Posted by peterws
You can set the piano volume to "zero" then store it in a memory bank. . . I do this when I use Pianoteq, so the on board piano doesn`t sound; probably wouldn`t anyway if I set the MIDI stuff correctly. But this way is easier. . .

I'm quite interested on this method too, and do own pianoteq5 which I'm intending to run with the internal speakers of an AP650, is it the way you're using PTQ? Does it sound good?

I dont have the AP650 yet, just wondered if worth it

P85>Kawai CA97>Numa X GT>FP90x>LX706
Pianoteq 8 Pro
http://youtube.com/DavidIzquierdoAzzouz

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission