2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
74 members (amc252, benkeys, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 16 invisible), 1,895 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Markiemark can do what he wants.

I read his thread and thought that he got some very good and sincere comments (except from Guapo). At every turn, he pushed back at these sincere comments in very aggressive ways. Example: telling bt_s_p that he needed to do more research about what "reputable" means. Really. Then he comes to this thread and belittles the entire forum.

Online Content
Originally Posted by Jeff Clef
I like to think the quality of our snide remarks is better, over all. Not the one on his (almost) first post--- a person who cannot be snide any better than that ought to be silent.
HAHAHA

M
OP Offline
M
im still here , I gather what I said has stirred up a bit of debate , If I offened anyone I do apologise , I can deal with the comments sometimes it just frustrates me I cant deal with the person face to face , but I will try to be good , and like someone as said I can block anyone , just as they can block me , I wasn't trying to be aggressive with back to study piano its just our definitions of reputable seem to be different , but I see you argument has changed from your original comment about getting my own technician to check my piano out to companies going bust , which dosent makes sense really our main discussion to begin with was on the quality of the product they were selling me as you said get it checked by your own technician as all they want to do is sell you a piano , and as I said earlier that is not always the case , as I tried to explain my local company I can buy with confidence that the product is as described serviced regulated and tuned , having no need for an extra technician if the companies you buy from cant be trusted to deliver that service then maybe you need to pay a technician to check it out for you but I don't , but you seem to have moved it on to being about companies going bust which was never in the original discussion so you kind of lost me on that one.you just seemed to make an assumption that everyone who is selling used pianos cant be trusted which as I said earlier is too much of a generalisation but each to their own I guess

W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
At first I just thought you honestly were at the verge of making a big mistake but now you're obviously trolling.
Troll alert.

WimPiano #2395882 03/09/15 01:34 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wimpiano
Troll alert.

[Linked Image]

Markiemark-

you are not alone.

I frequent forums on :
Acoustic Guitars
Fiddles
Violin
Ukulele
Fords
and Motorized Bicycles

and I have to say it now- this is the most snobbish of them all.

It's something about the COST of the instruments obviously. Blows away by far the other instruments easily.

All internet forums are run by a fairly right leaning corporation somehow and little Caesar moderators like to circummvent any serious political discussion, while I find as a transgendered woman there's always an undercurrent of disrespect directed at me, either personally or as a TG. It seems the more affluent cyber mob shares a lot of communication across and likes to get more "thug" than they would confess to regarding the personal events of one's life.

Oh well. Childish people will stay that way.

I've gotten ganged up and moderated for saying things you'd have to stretch to find offensive, while they act like models of decorum and conduct campaigns of secret insult and irritation.

More people are disenfranchised by such bully cretins as time goes on, and they have to stay hidden or more so it would be. But childish people just keep pushing buttons. It's part of their twisted elitist philosophy somehow.

I've learned not to feel guilty especially over NOT turning too many somersaults to appease the never appeased. They rage on though and generally accuse others of what they are most guilty of.

I will survive. And so will you. Don't let morons run you off who are already fixed into some kind of constant angle here. Try to give it some time, and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by harpon; 03/09/15 07:12 PM.
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K

Anyone want in on the pool for which Mod locks the thread?

Kurt

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
Anyone want in on the pool for which Mod locks the thread?

Kurt

It does look like it's headed in that direction, doesn't it. What a shame.

Oh, and where I'm from, gambling is illegal, except for the state run lottery. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
Ah "thread locking" OBEY!

They used to say, "just change the channel"

Now it's like "I don't like what people are saying! Mommy STOP THEM"

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
3000 Post Club Member

Unobtanium Supporter until Jun 020 2020
3000 Post Club Member
I often feel that "they" abuse me because I'm a left-handed Anabaptist.

Don't the bully cretins who run the evil, right-leaning PianoWorld conglomerate know that LHAs have feelings too?

[Linked Image]

"Don't let the devil fool you -
Here comes a dove;
Nothing cures like time and love."

-- Laura Nyro
Re your hasty goodbye:

One of the lessons I learned is not how much people insult you. They invariably will.

But how wrong they were when looking back years later.

Norbert cool

Last edited by Norbert; 03/09/15 09:52 PM.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Us piano people are not above or different from anyone else when it comes to rude comments online.

but I agree, don't let a few bad comments ruin your experience here (or your day for that matter).. if you do, you'll never be able to logon to anything online smile..

Norbert #2396068 03/09/15 10:22 PM
Excellent advice, Norbert; for each of us in one circumstance or another wink

Last edited by Benn; 03/09/15 10:25 PM.

Charles Walter 1520

M
OP Offline
M
must be a record for me in regards to post on a thread , what does locking a thread mean ? the section that most interest me on here is the beginners section as i find it very encouraging , i probably will stear clear on advice on a particular piano , as with a woodwork forum i use , discussing pieces of equipment whether it be a new power drill or a Steinway piano can cause us boys with our toys emotions to get all stirred up.

must say the blocking button is really handy on here

mark

P
P
Hello Mark. I am assuming you are an adult, consequently I have read nothing that would offend one. You asked for an opinion and in my view it was given. You were given sage advice regarding buying a smaller piano and its limitations, some even considered what you were proposing to buy a "toy piano". Even with my limited knowledge and experience I know that within a year or so of learning to play the piano, you will outgrow it. However, if that is what you want that is your choice, but please do not take umbrage when people give you advice that you do not want to hear.

Phil

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Phil Greenough
Hello Mark. I am assuming you are an adult, consequently I have read nothing that would offend one. You asked for an opinion and in my view it was given. You were given sage advice regarding buying a smaller piano and its limitations, some even considered what you were proposing to buy a "toy piano". Even with my limited knowledge and experience I know that within a year or so of learning to play the piano, you will outgrow it. However, if that is what you want that is your choice, but please do not take umbrage when people give you advice that you do not want to hear.

Phil

Seems to me that this would be a good note on which to end this thread, which has taken some decidedly unnecessary twists and turns.

Markiemark... locking a thread means that a moderator closes a thread so that no one else can comment on it.
This thread is now locked.

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission