2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Feel free to use this thread to discuss the submissions. To make it easier, you can use this response template.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this recital a success!

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
S
S

Looks like the link for the Schumann 6 zip file points to the Schumann 2 zip. You can download it via

http://recitals.pianoworld.com/recital_files/Schumann_Recital/Schumann%206.zip

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A huge thanks to Morodiene for taking care of this big recital!
I'm starting to listen...

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Making a recording took a lot of time, and so will listening to all the submissions. I am not a fan of Schumann's music, but you've all done so much work to get this huge selection up, so I am determined to listen to them all! Except for the last one wink

50. earlofmar - The Merry Farmer Op 68 No 10
My teacher assigned this piece for me last year but after 2 weeks I was so fed up with practicing, it was either out Schumann or the lid closed forever...

You on the other hand seem to have a happier time with it, the character of the piece comes out very well!

82. SwissMS/Doris - Opus 118 No 1 Sonata in G Theme and Variations

I thought this was lovely, there were many really good moments. Just practice few parts more and you'll do very well in your exam!

34. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Novelette op.21 no.2

I was eager to hear your Pleyel again, but in some parts I could not quite ignore the need for tuning. It seems that Schumann's music is very revealing when it comes to that.

I didn’t sense quite the same kind of musical passion in this that I hear in your Chopin (or maybe it's just MY lack of passion for Robbie), but it still sounded impressive for a piece not fully matured. You’re just so good smile

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks outo, it really does need a tuning..
This piece is pretty hard for me, and indeed it is not ready by far! Also it's my first Schumann piece ever. Thanks for listening and commenting.

Will listen later because I only have a mobile connection atm. Can't wait!

Paul

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
M
M

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by chopinoholic
Also it's my first Schumann piece ever.

Really? How have you managed? I guess it's comforting to know that it's not necessary to do every major composer so get so good...

I fact I might just follow your lead and not touch one again!

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
01. Pianamateur - Papillons, op. 2

Only 2 years? Amazing! Just to get through such a 13 minute Schumann piece is a formidable task and for the most parts you played very confidently. And btw, for the most parts I enjoyed the acoustic version more, even if it wasn't as smooth.

As much as I would like to keep listening, must go, have a date...

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks for reviewing, Outo! The longer I play this piece, the more I hear in it. I still have some areas that need tweaking, but hopefully by November it will be more refined!

Last edited by SwissMS; 03/15/15 08:40 AM.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Very impressive recital. Only listened to about a dozen so far, all very high quality. Congrats to all participants for taking on Schumann, who I always find extremely difficult. Bravo thumb

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
This is so fun to listen to!!
The wildest mix of levels I have ever heard laugh

All very inspiring. Everything is in it: short term goals, long term goals, and "some time in the year 2050" goals grin

Most of all very pleasant music, some of you make it sound effortless. In other pieces you almost see/smell the blood sweat and tears which have gone in to it.

I would like to say to all of you: Thanks so much for participating!

To those who stretched beyond their abilities, GOOD JOB!! What a challenge!

To the teachers and advanced players who took part, thanks so much for playing this beautiful music for all of us to enjoy!

one little remark though, in the zip files the first part of OP 68 is missing, it is in the online streaming player so something must have gone wrong

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
What a wonderful recital! Thank you, Morodiene, for putting yourself out to fire us up and for doing the admin (and thanks to Sam also who I imagine is the ever-present technician).

The only blot on this otherwise fantastic collection of music and performances is that of my own contribution which pains me every bit as much as having to look at an unflattering photo of myself (the only kind there is!). Also, I will be wondering why the piece I spent the most time on is the one which causes me most grief.

But thanks to everyone else - talent in all shapes and sizes - every performance ringing with commitment and dedication. I hadn't realised what a gem Schumann really is - there are so many pieces here that I would like and intend to play (the simpler ones!). I'll be listening often to this recital.

W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Thank you Morodiene for leading this event and all the work it takes to pull it off. Attached is my attempt at Schumann's Cradle Song. Clara liked to play this much faster but I've rocked babies and felt it needed a more gentle feel (plus no one ever accuses me of playing too fast). I've learned a lot in playing this one...nuances of notes to privilege and lifts that make it more musical. Had trouble with recording since I only do it for the PW events and have to relearn it every time so hope the sound quality is adequate.

https://youtu.be/asI41qFvgIE

[[Linked Image].
Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
Thanks for that WiseBuff, I was about to file a complaint but this makes up for it grin beautiful song (this really is a song isn't it?).

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
What a wonderful start to the day it's been, listening to so many gems in this recital!

After seven months of playing Schumann and thinking that I'll enjoy a good break after it's over I now find, only a few hours on, that my dance card is filling up with a dozen more Schumann compulsories.

There's no way I'm going to comment individually on over 80 pieces but every piece I've listened to so far is glistening with enthusiasm and demonstrating clearly the hours and efforts that have been expended.

Thanks to all the participants, to Morodiene and to Sam S.

Richard
F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member
F
Karen, it was beautiful. First time hearing the piece. Your piano sounds good and loved your careful and sensitive touch

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Haven't heard any of these pieces from op. 6 before as far as I can remember.

02. Valencia - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 4 - Ungeduldig (Con impazienza)

I don’t think it was sleepy, just moody in a nice way. The tempo changes must be difficult to pull off.

03. patH (Patrick Hollstein) - Davidsbuendlertaenze op.6, Nr.8 "Frisch"
Very nice and fresh!

04. Valencia - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 10 - Balladenmassig sehr rasch

This was nice too. I think Schumann may have been unnecessarily obsessed with speed wink 

05. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze op.6, Nr.15 "Frisch"
06. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze, Op. 6 No. 16, Mit gutem Humor
07. Richard (zrtf90) - Davidsbuendlertaenze Op. 6 No. 17 Wie Aus der Ferne

You did so many pieces, that alone is a great accomplishment. Some of them sounded really difficult, but your playing was fine, no matter the tempo. I liked nr. 17 best.

It's pity that we couldn't do the whole op. So went to YT to listen to the whole thing. But sometimes it was like listening to racing, so fast shocked For my non-Schumann trained ears you guys played fast enough smile

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
I'm kind of jumping around in the recital... For some reason my favorite opuses weren't completed frown

74. pavel.k - Waldszenen Op.82 No.3 Einsame Blumen
That was pretty and I don't mind you cheating, just glad you made it! smile

75. noobpianist90 - Vogel als Prophet (Bird as Prophet) Op. 82 No. 7
This is probably my favorite Schumann piece. You played the light figurations beautifully! Captivating as you say...

Last edited by outo; 03/15/15 03:07 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This morning I could listen to the first seven entries, Papillons and Davidsbuendlertaenze; then my smartphone ran out of battery...
Now I'm back home and I'm listening to timmyab, pieces Carnival op. 9.
Such a great start is intimidating, really!
I will not comment individually each entry, I'm definitely non competent when the level is so high!
I hope in op. 68! laugh

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by zrtf90
After seven months of playing Schumann and thinking that I'll enjoy a good break after it's over I now find, only a few hours on, that my dance card is filling up with a dozen more Schumann compulsories.

While I like so much listening, I don't think I will try another Schumann piece soon.
So far I've learned several pieces from the Album for the young, but none at a level I was satisfied for. Near Schumann, Bach is almost a breeze! smile

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission