2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (johnesp, drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, 7 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
OP Offline
P
Greetings,
I recently purchased this DP and tried to connect my FATALITY headphones that i had for my PC...i used an adaptor because the output was wrong...the problem is the sound is too low...can i do anything to raise it?
Also, out of topic, what is the best string resonance to select so the sound is closer to grand piano?

Thank you

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pelasgos
Greetings,
I recently purchased this DP and tried to connect my FATALITY headphones that i had for my PC...i used an adaptor because the output was wrong...the problem is the sound is too low...can i do anything to raise it?
Also, out of topic, what is the best string resonance to select so the sound is closer to grand piano?

Thank you

I would try a different set of headphones first and see if that makes a difference. If not, you can get a little headphone amp or even a small mixer to boost the signal.

Re: String res - What are the options available? I would say the highest setting would be what you want. Also adding some reverb will help.

P
OP Offline
P
the options are:
a)suppressed
b)slightlty suppressed
c)reverberation
d)strong reverberation

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Pelasgos
the options are:
a)suppressed
b)slightlty suppressed
c)reverberation
d)strong reverberation

I mostly use the default, sometimes I turn it up, it depends what I prefer as well in a piece, the nice thing on a digital you can do that and have that option. If a setting pleases the ear IMHO it is good for you, it is not exactly a feature that would affect your playing much I suspect, when I hear different recordings of different pianos it can vary too, so not sure how easy it would be to say which setting is the more "realistic". Someone else may be able to answer that.

Second, You will notice it will depend on the sensitivity of you headphones too at certain frequency ranges, I noticed that when I tested it on mine with different cans how sound details come through differently. I have some quite hard to drive Sony headphones, but the Casio can still drive them okay, they are actually very coloured, though I like to use them for the Casio as it happens, as it is more pleasant for that sample to my ears.

The Casio sample IMO sounds rather thin to me on reference type phones that have flatter frequency response and lacking bass as well, and seeing you can't apply EQ plugged the straight into that piano model, I like cans that have a bit of the bathtub EQ shape for the Casio, which that Sony set has out of the box, with those cans I find the string resonance does benefit from being turned up a notch for it to cut through better, again for my taste. On reference type cans where the mids are more pronounced compared to the sony, the string resonance sounded more pronounced and more detailed where the default setting was fine for me... again for me personally.

For me the old Sony XB series is a perfect match for the Casio sample, they aren´t even that good for anything else, nor are they that detailed, so I use them solely for that purpose now, they just stay on the piano hook when I don´t use a software piano and go for a quick practice. For the software instruments I have an entirely different preference in cans where EQ can be tweaked, amongst many other things, the same Sony set would be the last I would touch in that case.

You should go for what you like though, all I can say is that as it happens my missus agrees with me on using the sony cans I have with the Casio sound, but another visitor might not agree.

Most ebay or online sellers including amazon will accept returns no problems if not satisified. Shall we say, I have taken liberty with that policy over the years to try them out, and I never had a problem with returning them for a full refund. Just make sure what the terms and conditions are when buying, and keep the packaging it came with pristine laugh

Have fun experimenting smile

Last edited by Alexander Borro; 03/19/15 07:54 PM.

Selftaught since June 2014.
Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
Kawai CA78, Casio AP450 & software pianos.
[Linked Image] 12x ABF recitals.
My struggles: https://soundcloud.com/alexander-borro

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission