2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 10 invisible), 1,706 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Originally Posted by rowny
I found the Kawai CN-14. Are KDP90 and CN-14 identical? The logo seems different, also I can't see a red strip on the CN-14. Otherwise, they look the same.

Yes, I believe these are the main differences.
In addition, the CN14 is sold in the Satin Black finish, while the KDP90 is sold in the Rosewood finish.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
rowny Offline OP
OP Offline
CN-14 is on the way for 800 EUR including bench and headphones...I think it was a good deal...:)
I'll report when it arrives...

Kawai CN14, KRK KNS-8400
Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Guys, I'm a beginner at best. All I remember is how to read notes and what a metronome is. I'm pretty sure I won't feel the difference, but I still want the best value for the money. So if it's worth the 200 EUR for YDP-162, well, fine. I'm not buying pianos every day.
I'm also considering the Kawai ES100, but I don't quite like it's plastic portable look. With stand and pedals it's around 900 EUR. Some excellent review though.
Also I hope the difference between the piano gloss and matt YDP-162 is purely cosmetic? The difference is 300 EUR!

@rowny -

I took note of your comment above and would share this...

Putting aside the technical differences between the GH and the GHS, the feel may or may not be an issue for you and the 200 EUR price difference is not insignificant (e.g., it could buy a LOT of music books and/or lessons!)

FWIW, a couple of years ago I bought my (adult) daughter a YDP-142 as a birthday present and she still absolutely loves it. She still plays it all the time, has friends over for sing-alongs, etc. The speakers in the YDP-142 are more than ample to fill her apartment with a nice sounding piano over the singing.

She is not a serious performing musician but really enjoys playing for her own relaxation and pleasure. So given your self-description, this model may be a good balance between price and performance for your needs. The additional 200 EU may not get you much of a difference in enjoyment.

Many of us on this forum are deeply into all this keyboard stuff and understandably our own preferences and priorities may not be the best roadmap for how you can best meet your own needs - especially if your piano playing will be more on the casual side.

Best wishes - OneWatt

Online Content
CN-14 is on the way for 800 EUR including bench and headphones...I think it was a good deal...:)

I agree, that's a good deal. Congrats!

Originally Posted by OneWatt
...the 200 EUR price difference is not insignificant (e.g., it could buy a LOT of music books and/or lessons!)

I'm not sure how many lessons could be bought for 200 Euros, but I agree it's not an insignificant amount of money, and could be used for purchasing accessories such as headphones or indeed music books.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
rowny Offline OP
OP Offline
The piano has arrived! Assembled though...at first I thought it's a shop sample, but the guys told me that the box won't fit the stairs, so they assembled it. Is it really that big?

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the unit. I've been practicing scales and chords all day, and the sound is very enjoyable. Very balanced and rich. The keyboard appears to be of very high quality, the speakers are powerful. It came with a very nice adjustable bench and AKG K44 headphones (these are awful!). The cabinet leaves to be desired - it's just cheap plywood. It explains the price though.

My lessons will start in August at the local academy. Until then I want to practice, but please recommend me some nice video lessons or books, because I have no idea. I am aware that some of them (the easy ones) can just teach you bad habits, and I don't want that.

A pic. People love pics!

[Linked Image]

Kawai CN14, KRK KNS-8400
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission