I just bought some JBL Charge II to use as an external speaker for my piano. I have a Yamaha acoustic, with a Silent system.

The only way to hear the music when using the Silent system is through headphones or speakers, which connect with an Aux output port.

I have tried the speakers on the computer and on the tv and they seem ok, but on the piano there is a lot of hissing and for the bass notes there seems to be a sort of "woof" noise echoing the true sound. It is almost like breathing after the notes.

I am going to take the speakers back, because my prime intended use for them was to let me use the Silent feature without headphones- (the digital music doesn't annoy the neighbours but the resonance of the acoustic drives them insane).

Can anyone help me understand why I might be having these problems and if I have chosen the wrong kind of speaker - and what might be a better choice?

When I plug the speakers into the computer or TV it is direct, when I plug into the piano I need to use a jack adapter as the Aux output on the piano is much bigger than the standard computer outlet.
Is it possible that this is part of the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Performance anxiety: make it part of your daily routine and deal with it...Cope! zrtf90