2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (36251, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 10 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 91 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 90 91
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Finfan
Well this is the other end of the spectrum from what most of you have posted but I guess it can be an inspiration for others on a budget. My "Piano Room" is actually a storage room in our house. My Keyboard is a Yamaha YPT-220 that I got for $70 at a pawn shop, the stool I got at a yard sale for $6, and the stand was the least expensive one I could find at the music store for $35. All told I probably have less than $175 into this. But for now it works!

Yamaha YPT-220: $70
Keyboard Stand: $35
Piano Bench: $6

The music and personal satisfaction and inspiration that comes out of this setup: Priceless! smile

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Well this is the other end of the spectrum from what most of you have posted but I guess it can be an inspiration for others on a budget. My "Piano Room" is actually a storage room in our house. My Keyboard is a Yamaha YPT-220 that I got for $70 at a pawn shop, the stool I got at a yard sale for $6, and the stand was the least expensive one I could find at the music store for $35. All told I probably have less than $175 into this. But for now it works!

[Linked Image]

OK, how do you get the actual image to show up instead of a link?

[* Moderator note: for a linked image to show it needs to be wrapped in img html constructions *and* have an extension that is a graphical file e.g., jpg, png, etc *]

Some of the best musicians and artists the world has known started like this . . Have fun!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by peterws

Some of the best musicians and artists the world has known started like this . . Have fun!

Amen Peter. Some musicians continue to amaze on rather humble instruments. I see this all the time working at a keyboard repair shop in a major metropolitan area. All musical endeavour is rewarding and has value but some people seem to emit music as easily as the rest of us breathe and that comes out no matter what they play. There's this one woman who plays jazzy gospel on a manky first generation Clavia that just makes our jaws drop. In another instance this essentially homeless (lives in an RV) guy brings in a Yamaha PSR series and tells us how important it is to him. It's missing plastic and the battery cover is held with gaffers tape. We normally discourage people putting money into these but he insists while we explain that we'll require a deposit to start work. He says he understands and can we wait a few weeks till he get's some money. Eventually he pays the deposit and we make the easy repair (bad adaptor jack). We wait a few more weeks for the balance and he comes in and looks like someone picking up his puppy after a dicey surgery. He wants to check it which is always fine and he busts out these blues that could make you cry. He just keeps playing and playing for an honest 10 minutes or so. Then he comes back to this planet and looks at us with an intensely personal gaze and says, "I used to have a family." After a bit of a pause he added, "This thing is my best friend."

I've got a best mate from Carlisle. Are you as northern as that? It's a part of the world I'm desperate to visit but things (and money) have been in the way. One day though and then maybe on to the baltic.

Kurt

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
KurtZ . . .An hour up the motorway and I`m in Carlisle. It`s a pleasant city, AND they get regular steam trains running the main line. It`s all good . . . grin but bloody cold! and prone to Scottish border raids . . .

"[Linked Image]"
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member

[Linked Image]

OK, how do you get the actual image to show up instead of a link?

[* Moderator note: for a linked image to show it needs to be wrapped in img html constructions *and* have an extension that is a graphical file e.g., jpg, png, etc *]

How much you spent isn't what matters! It's what you are prepared to put into it. Very best wishes.

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
. . .and prone to Scottish border raids . . .

laugh

Cathy

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Border raids?

Is that when you nip across for some Auchentoshan or Glenkinchie?

Kurt

**********************************************************************************************************
Co-owner (by marriage) and part time customer service rep at an electronic musical equipment repair shop.
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by jotur
. . .and prone to Scottish border raids . . .

laugh

Cathy

only when the sasanachs need it....got to be kept on their toes

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
My "Piano Room" is actually a storage room in our house. My Keyboard is a Yamaha YPT-220 that I got for $70 at a pawn shop, the stool I got at a yard sale for $6, and the stand was the least expensive one I could find at the music store for $35. All told I probably have less than $175 into this. But for now it works!

[Linked Image]
]

Good to know that not every piano room pic in this thread comes straight out of a movie laugh

Otherwise, all the pictures in this thread seem to have been taken from a movie, lol. So perfectly flawless and spacious.

Originally Posted by TheodorN
Just got a new piano bench, so here it is in my room.

Click here for picture

Need keyboard stand ASAP smile

Yamaha 155, Yamaha Motif Rack XS(with mLan), Roland Fantom XR, Alesis Vi61, Behringer UMC404HD, Yamaha HS7, Cubase 7.5.4
Originally Posted by KurtZ
Border raids?

Is that when you nip across for some Auchentoshan or Glenkinchie?

Kurt

Well, no actually. Me and `Er nip across to this pub at lunchtime. They do good chips . . . .not many places do good chips. True!

"[Linked Image]"

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
Moonsh1ne, that piano must be a very good excuse to practice like crazy, it's just lovely.
I for one have been practicing more since I got my piano's hammers back, it's a huge motivation.

Here's my Wally in case somebody forgot how he looks wink

[Linked Image]

M
M
Originally Posted by sinophilia
Moonsh1ne, that piano must be a very good excuse to practice like crazy, it's just lovely.

My wife is jealous that I spend more time w/ the piano than with her. smile I'm trying to instill the practice regimen into my son via personal example, but I don't think it's working.

August Förster 190
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Hitry Plan
Originally Posted by TheodorN
Just got a new piano bench, so here it is in my room.

Click here for picture

Need keyboard stand ASAP smile

He he, I know, been looking around for one.

Me on YouTube

Casio PX-5S. Garritan CFX, Production Grand 2 Gold, Concert Grand LE, AcousticSamples C7, some Sampletekks. Pianoteq 8 Std (Blüthner, SteinGraeber, NY/HB Steinway D).
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Here's out little Steingraeber over Christmas.

[Linked Image]

I'm also trying to find a picture of our Bosendorfer Imperial that I took a long time ago! I'm at the airport waiting for a flight and trying to find the old picture on my photobucket but you all know how bad airport internet is wink

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Here's our Bosie 290. I'm sure I have much better pictures of the set up somewhere in my old computer! I'll have to dig those up when I get home.

[Linked Image]

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
And finally, since I'm a grad student right now and living in the 3rd floor of a townhouse, I just bought an N1 and managed to stuff it into my room where my stage keyboard used to be! O_O Quite an accomplishment getting it up all 30 steps of stairs on the part of the movers.

[Linked Image]

Amazing!

Yamaha 155, Yamaha Motif Rack XS(with mLan), Roland Fantom XR, Alesis Vi61, Behringer UMC404HD, Yamaha HS7, Cubase 7.5.4
The Bosendorfer looks very intimidating . . . Now, of all those pianos . . which gets played the most?

Last edited by peterws; 04/02/15 02:49 PM.

"[Linked Image]"
W
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
W
That Bosendorfer!! My yaw 's dropping..

Page 26 of 91 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 90 91

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,195
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission