2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (bcalvanese, BillS728, APianistHasNoName, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, danno858, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 80 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 79 80
Wellcome Qarol

I dont find lot of video about MP7 learning. The only informative video is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpvvRQISi4
a pity

our community of MP7 seems to be too small for the moment.... but it will growth with time , i'm pretty sure. In reality i even dont understand why there's so few owners of this great keyboard. I think first about not enough communications ads and not enough distributors. Second maybe is weight for a stage keyboard . But thats just my opinion wink
What i really love about this keyboard is the compromise weight/ sound quality / touch and bonus was the price for this compromise. My ohter keyboards on my wishlist was the Nord electro5 ( but the keybed wasnt at my taste at all, but the weight was very very interesting , maybe as a second keyboard one day when the electro6 will come and the price will decrease) the roland RD800 (but the touch and sound of piano sound was not as good) the CP4 (touch of the piano not as good)

When i will more master the beast i will try to make one video maybe. But Kawai should really thing to make one for a quick review of all the features of this great keyboard. Even some are quite easy , the manual is big with no alphabetical index (need to use the pdf for searching one word). And like all when we dont use a function during a long time we forget it . The manual is very well made in btw and even the translation . Maybe a quick start guide is the only thing missing.

Last edited by armani; 05/16/15 01:33 PM.

"la vie c'est comme une dent ..." Boris Vian
J
J
The MP7 is almost a piano workstation: add a multitrack sequencer, give it a bigger screen and voila, you got a 256 note polyphonic PW-1 with a keybed which puts the competition to shame...

Z
Z
Originally Posted by armani
Wellcome Qarol

I dont find lot of video about MP7 learning. The only informative video is this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpvvRQISi4
a pity

It Isn't the only one, there is also this wink https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P4XAIbVDiIA by PianoManChuck

Last edited by Zippo; 05/17/15 04:49 AM.
thks zippo to point it

"la vie c'est comme une dent ..." Boris Vian
Z
Z
thks zippo to point it

Welcome Armani, is my duty smile

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
armani, if you have any queries related to the MP7's operation, please feel free to raise them in this thread. I'll try to respond to the best of my ability, and I'm sure other MP7 users will be happy to provide assistance also.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the manual also. wink

Kind regards
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The manual is very well made

I don't understand why the PDF manual doesn't provide links for user convenience. I mean the table of contents and the very first page (the cover with the sections). Usually user manuals don't have this drawback. Moreover, there is no bookmarks in the left panel, that is nonsense. So I wouldn't call electronic PDF Manual a well made guide. For example, before I had YAMAHA Clavinova CLP-340. Here is PDF-manual. You can check table of contents. Each item in the table of contents is a link to the relevant section of the document. Plus bookmarks on the left.

About the videos – yes, really miss them.

Online Content
That's a good point, 9190.

I will look into adding bookmarks and clickable links on the contents page in a future version of the owner's manual PDF.

Kind regards,
James
x

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you, Kawai James! Would be great.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Kawai James on the Firmware Update for CA67/CA97/CA65/CA95

V1.06 (May 2015)

- Fixed: Potential freeze when selecting registrations while recording to internal recorder.
- Fixed: ‘Dual Balance’ setting problem when selecting registrations while recording to internal recorder.
- Fixed: Potential freeze at end of recording when recording audio to some USB memory devices.
- Fixed: Potential glitches/errors when recording audio to some USB memory devices.
- Fixed: USB memory devices formatted on the instrument no longer trigger Windows 7 check dialogue.

Could we expect a firmware update in the near future,
which would fix the multiple problems with the USB recording for the MP7 and MP11 too?

Kind Regards,
Your MP7 Detractor wink
Lo PHi

Online Content
lophiomys, I believe those CA/CS series USB recorder fixes were back-ported from the MP11/MP7 v1.10 firmware. However, I gather an MP firmware update is scheduled for next month, so let's see what the future holds. wink

Cheers,
James
x

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Guess what, Pianoman chuck has an MP7 now.... And made an intro video...

[video:youtube]KoIbYfDPLx4[/video]

Didnt know the MP7 has a general midi soundset hidden under the roof, can it play Gm files of some sort with that?

Online Content
Thank you for posting the video Bachus!

Originally Posted by Bachus
Didnt know the MP7 has a general midi soundset hidden under the roof, can it play Gm files of some sort with that?

Yes, GM playback is pretty good on the MP7, however I seem to recall that the instrument does not fully meet the GM specification, as some of the sounds lack the pre-specified effect.

Kind regards,
James
x

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Thank you for posting the video Bachus!

Yes, GM playback is pretty good on the MP7, however I seem to recall that the instrument does not fully meet the GM specification, as some of the sounds lack the pre-specified effect.

Kind regards,
James
x

How akward that to reach those 128 sounds, one needs to loop midi out to midi in.. Hopefully a future patch opens up those sounds directly to the players trough a menu choice as local voices..

[video:youtube]jC5Z4EwhH4c[/video]

Here the video of pianoman chuck explaining how and why...

D
D
Originally Posted by Kawai James
That's a good point, 9190.

I will look into adding bookmarks and clickable links on the contents page in a future version of the owner's manual PDF.

Kind regards,
James
x

For anyone who would like to have a copy of the current MP7 Owner's Manual (MP7_EN_20141030_R101.pdf) with the suggested bookmarks and links, I have added a bookmarks panel and clickable links on the cover page and on the table of contents pages (8-9) of the manual's PDF file and have uploaded a copy to Microsoft OneDrive for accesss at the following link:

MP7_EN_20141030_R101_with_Links.pdf

To download the PDF file from OneDrive, right click on the file icon and select Download.

The file on OneDrive can also be viewed directly in Word Online by clicking on the file icon. However, PDF functionality is limited in Word Online; e.g., the links work but the bookmarks panel is not visible.

Online Content
[video:youtube]jC5Z4EwhH4c[/video]

Here the video of pianoman chuck explaining how and why...

Very resourceful! wink

Online Content
Originally Posted by Dave King
For anyone who would like to have a copy of the current MP7 Owner's Manual (MP7_EN_20141030_R101.pdf) with the suggested bookmarks and links, I have added a bookmarks panel and clickable links on the cover page and on the table of contents pages (8-9) of the manual's PDF file and have uploaded a copy to Microsoft OneDrive for accesss at the following link:

MP7_EN_20141030_R101_with_Links.pdf

Nice job Dave, thank you for sharing! wink

EDIT:
I have posted a link to your modified PDF on the KawaiMP facebook (along with Chuck's latest videos).

Cheers,
James
x

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Dave King
For anyone who would like to have a copy of the current MP7 Owner's Manual (MP7_EN_20141030_R101.pdf) with the suggested bookmarks and links, I have added a bookmarks panel and clickable links on the cover page and on the table of contents pages (8-9) of the manual's PDF file …

Thank you very much!
Some links work not exactrly, for example,
1. Reverb............27 or
2. Transpose........36
They open somewhere in the middle of the page, not in the header. And the same with many other links. But maybe it's something wrong with my program.

Online Content
9190, the contents page links work correctly for me.

James
x

9190 #2423039 05/21/15 01:28 AM
D
D
Originally Posted by 9190

Thank you very much!
Some links work not exactly, for example,
1. Reverb............27 or
2. Transpose........36
They open somewhere in the middle of the page, not in the header. And the same with many other links. But maybe it's something wrong with my program.

Make sure your page display is set to "Fit full page to window" rather than "Fit to window width and enable scrolling" in your PDF reader. The links should work when displaying one full page (or two full pages side by side) without having to adjust the view.

If you are not displaying a full page, clicking on a link will take you to the correct page in the document, but not necessarily to the top of the page or to the specific paragraph on the page. In that case, you may need to scroll up or down the page or adjust the page display or zoom to view the desired section on the page.

Last edited by Dave King; 05/21/15 01:29 AM. Reason: correct typo
Page 55 of 80 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 79 80

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission