2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
55 members (beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 56 of 80 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 79 80
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Like Dave King wrote, it's the matter of "fit page" settings. It can be done permanently in .pdf file's properties using Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader :P).

Is it possible to use "auto wah wah" effect in MP7 without expression pedal? I tried to assign my Damper pedal to do the job but I failed. I mean, the result was not as I expected. I want to use it with Clav sound.

Ars non habet osorem nisi ignorantem
L
L
Greetings,

can I slip in a question for MP7 owners here? I am torn between VPC1, MP11 and MP7 as explained here: http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2423082.html#Post2423082

My question is whether some of you guys are using the MP7 for heavy duty classic training as well?

My concern would be the durability of the keybed if one were to rehearse Scriabin etc. on the board as well as the keys are plastic and not wood and they might perhaps not be constructed with a view on a prolonged heavy duty pianist workload.

If I could, I would get both, MP7 and VPC1 but that is out of he question for now.

Thanks and best wishes
Georg

Last edited by laughingbear; 05/21/15 05:22 AM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Dave King
Originally Posted by 9190

Thank you very much!
Some links work not exactly, for example,
1. Reverb............27 or
2. Transpose........36
They open somewhere in the middle of the page, not in the header. And the same with many other links. But maybe it's something wrong with my program.

Make sure your page display is set to "Fit full page to window" rather than "Fit to window width and enable scrolling" in your PDF reader. The links should work when displaying one full page (or two full pages side by side) without having to adjust the view.

If you are not displaying a full page, clicking on a link will take you to the correct page in the document, but not necessarily to the top of the page or to the specific paragraph on the page. In that case, you may need to scroll up or down the page or adjust the page display or zoom to view the desired section on the page.

Thank you Dave for clarifying this. You have described exactly what I have. But it's possible to get not only the right page, but also exact header and even in non full page view. For example PDF-manual from YAMAHA, that I mentioned before. Try to switch not in full page mode and click on
Turning the Power On...............14
And you will see that you get exact header, exact position on the page even in non Full page mode. Probably, when you are adding bookmarks, it's necessary to adjust page too in exact scrolling position.

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
laughingbear,
That is hard to say, since it is just a year that the MP7 was released. The RH2 is a bit older though, and was used in other digital piaons.

I can report from the experience of about 6 months usage, average 1h a day of intermediate technical exercise, that RH2 is a sturdy action. I dont think the plastic action would break just because it is plastic. Only after 6 months mine started to develop some irregularily distributed clicking noises, because some rubber part unter the key started to stick to the hammer, because some teflon powder seemed to have vanisched. I have got a replacement now, which is quiet again. But let's what will be in another 6 months?

If you are an advanced classical pianist, I would go for the an MP11 or VPC1 or a Yamaha CP4.

Last edited by lophiomys; 05/21/15 05:36 AM.
My god that another new feature i will never have known !! The other new thing i have discover is that the MP7 could play if i understand one composition in midi made on my computer !! Wow
I was just discovering the 128 inside sounds now 256 to discovering ))

Kawai James could you explain more about" GM playback is pretty good on the MP7, however I seem to recall that the instrument does not fully meet the GM specification, as some of the sounds lack the pre-specified effect."

"la vie c'est comme une dent ..." Boris Vian
Originally Posted by Dave King
[
For anyone who would like to have a copy of the current MP7 Owner's Manual (MP7_EN_20141030_R101.pdf) with the suggested bookmarks and links, I have added a bookmarks panel and clickable links on the cover page and on the table of contents pages (8-9) of the manual's PDF file and have uploaded a copy to Microsoft OneDrive for accesss at the following link:

MP7_EN_20141030_R101_with_Links.pdf

Could it be possible to download the pdf elsewhere ... onedrive is really a pain need to sign in

Maybe uploading it in facebook Kawai MP user page https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMPusers/files/ be cool smile

Thanks for this great job

Last edited by armani; 05/21/15 07:44 AM.

Originally Posted by Qaroll

Is it possible to use "auto wah wah" effect in MP7 without expression pedal? I tried to assign my Damper pedal to do the job but I failed. I mean, the result was not as I expected. I want to use it with Clav sound.

autowahwah is already present in the EFX effect wah of the mp7
category 4: wha type: classicTch or ClassLfo .. with so much tweaking possible
what are you looking for ?

dont think it is possible to assign th damper pedal for doing this job

Last edited by armani; 05/21/15 07:53 AM.

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
In my ex-DP it was possible to use damper pedal to control this function. The pedal was 0/1 switcher kind of, but when it was pressed the effect was slowly going from 0-100 and then when I unpressed it the effect was slowly going to opposite side. Wanted to recreate it on MP7 but I think I have to buy expression pedal.

P
P
Originally Posted by Bachus

How akward that to reach those 128 sounds, one needs to loop midi out to midi in.. Hopefully a future patch opens up those sounds directly to the players trough a menu choice as local voices..

This is not unusual. A General MIDI soundbank is usually reached via MIDI anyway (as the name implies)... and that was the original intention for GM compatibility for those playing back GM files or composing on their computer.

If you want the GM soundbank accessible from the MP7's keyboard, you only need to go through the steps I outlined once... after that it should be saved so that its always there (use SUB4 or whatever as an external zone). Just use a short MIDI cable to loop back from MIDI OUT to MIDI IN (after a while you'll forget about it even being there).

Think of it as a gift from Kawai that you're even able to do this at all!

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, iLoud, Kurzweil, Nord, PreSonus, Viscount and more...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by PianoManChuck

If you want the GM soundbank accessible from the MP7's keyboard, you only need to go through the steps I outlined once... after that it should be saved so that its always there (use SUB4 or whatever as an external zone). Just use a short MIDI cable to loop back from MIDI OUT to MIDI IN (after a while you'll forget about it even being there).

Think of it as a gift from Kawai that you're even able to do this at all!

Chuck - Thanks for pointing this out. I probably won't have need for these MIDI GM voices personally, but as you say, it's like a little gift from Kawai buried in the chip and it's nice to know it's in there. And thanks for the countless videos you post... always enjoyable to watch and learn a few things along the way. Ciao - OneWatt

In my ex-DP it was possible to use damper pedal to control this function. The pedal was 0/1 switcher kind of, but when it was pressed the effect was slowly going from 0-100 and then when I unpressed it the effect was slowly going to opposite side. Wanted to recreate it on MP7 but I think I have to buy expression pedal.

An expression pedal is a great add to this keyboard . Just take care of choosing one .
As Alan Keye tell in the MP7 facebook page. There are only certain ones that are compatible with an MP7. My Roland EV5 expression pedal is NOT compatible. Kawai advised me that the following pedal are compatible: M-Audio EX-P(with polarity switch), Behringer FCV100 and Yamaha FC7. Also, do not use any other damper pedal in the MP7's damper input except the supplied Kawai pedal, otherwise you will have also sorts of issues. If you really want to use a non-Kawai damper pedal, connect it to the controller pedal input and assign the function to damper/sustain.

Last edited by armani; 05/21/15 02:52 PM.

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Thx armani, I think I will go for Behringer FCV100 or Yamaha FC7.

But first I need to buy some good speakers. I'm thinking of Roland CM-110. It seems it's more versatile than a pair of active studio monitors.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by armani
Could it be possible to download the pdf elsewhere ... onedrive is really a pain need to sign in

Did you try the link?
I could download the PDF without needing to sign in.

James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Yes, that 'damper pedal for Wah' trick is quite a nifty feature of the PX-5S.

The MP7 doesn't truly allow you to control the pedalwah using a damper pedal, however I managed to achieve a faux-wah effect by assigning the 'Sensitivity' parameter to the damper. You obviously don't get as much control as with a real expression pedal, but it sort of works - I uploaded a sloppy demo with some generic Clavi riffs and a SETUP file to the Dropbox link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3aejl6bs7u4dgbd/AAB7kI5JFBefXgAtkDkIcdvNa?dl=0

Cheers,
James
x

Originally Posted by armani
An expression pedal is a great add to this keyboard . Just take care of choosing one .
As Alan Keye tell in the MP7 facebook page. There are only certain ones that are compatible with an MP7. My Roland EV5 expression pedal is NOT compatible. Kawai advised me that the following pedal are compatible: M-Audio EX-P(with polarity switch), Behringer FCV100 and Yamaha FC7. Also, do not use any other damper pedal in the MP7's damper input except the supplied Kawai pedal, otherwise you will have also sorts of issues. If you really want to use a non-Kawai damper pedal, connect it to the controller pedal input and assign the function to damper/sustain.

Good points.

Regarding the expression pedal, it's possible to use a Roland pedal with the MP provided you adjust the wiring - perhaps the simplest way is using an adaptor such as this one from Ashby Solutions:

[Linked Image]

Cheers,
James
x

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Thank you very much Kawai James! It will do the job for sure, at least until I buy a real expression pedal. Behringer FCV100 is tempting, because it's quite cheap, but I'm a little afraid of the quality.

Didn't know that this "wah wah by damper" feature on PX5-S is something uncommon. It was my first typical "Pro" stage piano (without integrated speakers) ever. And for the Clav sound itself, especially with all those updated sounds from Casio forums, it's one of the few areas where I would rate it higher than MP7.

Tomorrow I'll have an oportunity to try MP7 with the band. I hope it will do well.

Once again, thanks for the setup James smile

Qaroll, I have never used the Behringer FCV1000. However, the Yamaha FC7 is a great pedal, and is popular among pro players.

The ability to use a switch pedal as an expression pedal (for wah-pedal control) is, I believe, unique to the PX-5S. It may well have been devised to compensate for the instrument's lack of expression pedal input.

Cheers,
James
x

I
I
Originally Posted by lophiomys
laughingbear,

..... Only after 6 months mine started to develop some irregularily distributed clicking noises, because some rubber part unter the key started to stick to the hammer, because some teflon powder seemed to have vanisched. I have got a replacement now, which is quiet again. But let's what will be in another 6 months?

Hi Lophiomys

could you explain better, this ?

thanks

IMOL #2423423 05/22/15 06:05 AM
L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Hello IMOL,

Don't know what to explain more. The key clicking got more and more audible over time.
Maybe some videos would help?
YT: MP7 Edwin Key Clicking D4 short
YT: Kawai MP7 Edwin RH2 KeyClicking C2 C3
The replacement MP7 "Maria" has a quiet RH2 action again.

About the before mentioned teflon powder: to be precise, this was actually raised as a remedy to be put on the cleaned rubber jack underneath the key to prevent it from making this clicking noises when the key is raised. If it or something similar was there before and just dissipated, I could not say for sure.
HTH

A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
I can hear a subtle "clicking" noise on E5, when I move it from side to side. It's only on this key. I'm going not to worry about it too much and just play, instead of wondering if it's wrong or not. The sound that comes from the machine after pressing this key is exactly as it should be.

If the keybed will fail me in such a way that I'll be unable to play the sounds I want in the way I want, then I will use the warranty. I would rather have fun playing music then pick holes in smth.

Page 56 of 80 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 79 80

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission