2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (APianistHasNoName, Adam Reynolds, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 10 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
OP Offline
J
I bought a ES7 a couple of years ago and have an on going problem. the local tech has said when keys are hit hard or repeatedly the rubber sensor will get inverted and will take a little while to come back. this sure is annoying when you are at a gig and everyone is depending on you. the local tech has worked and worked and replaced the rubber sensors, yet the problem is still there. I love the keyboard yet, well you can guess my frustration. recommendations

P
P
Jazz Mac, I had the same problem when I owned the es7, and went through two of them, the technician on mine was not able to fix the problem so I traded mine in on the mp 11. For occasional gigs I purchased the es 100 which action I like better than the es7.The es7 sounds better than the es 100 but the es 100 is much easier to play. There might be a fix for the es 7 because I had talked to someone named dmd and he said the technitian he had was able to fix his by putting a rail inside the key board that kept this from happening. FYI the mp 11 is also easier to play and sounds better than both of the others; but its heavy. Mike.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Jazz Mac, if you have not done so already, it may be worth giving the tech support folks at Kawai America a call to explain the situation. The keys should not mute unexpectedly, so they may wish to investigate the cause of the issue in greater detail.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
J
OP Offline
J
James, thanks - I've been round and round with the support people and local Kawai tech - they are replacing the contacts again and i hope this will fix the problem - I'm afraid of striking the keys to hard so i just play with light touch, but that takes the forte out of the piano forte, if you know what i mean. when i strike the key hard it mutes. I hope these new contacts are the fix.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission