2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
27 members (clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., David B, Fried Chicken, AlkansBookcase, 8 invisible), 1,163 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 54 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 53 54
K
K
Hi. My name is Kate56 or Gulliverh50,

I too found the site by accident. I lost two art case grand piano's to a drunk driver in a move. One M&H and a Hamburg Steinway, Toothpicks are all that are left. I came across the site while searching for a new piano.

I have retired from critical care nursing. I have played piano since I was 5, I also play violin, and cello.

But, I reallly need a new piano. I sleep really poorly and i like to practice at night. I moved to a Victorian home that has a huge parlour and dining room. All set for recitals. And no piano's.

I love to listen to music in my mind. My favorites are Chopin Ballades and Polonaises and Everything Rachmoninoff.

Looking over it all, this is when a single malt Islay Scotch helps alot. Kate.

Soli Deo Gloria, It Is the motto from my Nursing College. Ursuline College, In Case you need to know.
P
P
Found this site by dumb luck too. Just happened to be googling. I'm only a few years into my piano journey so I look forward to learning as much as possible. Currently using a Yamaha Arius Digital Piano.

Howdy folks from Ezyo, I'm in The Netherlands.

Took drum lessons since age 9 up to about 16, dabbled in electronic music production since about age 12, picked up the guitar at 14, picked up the guitar again (and never put it down) at 17, got a mandolin at age 19, got a banjo at age 22 (last year) and looking for a digital piano right now. If things were only slightly different the past week or two, I might have been looking at dobros or double basses instead.

I love music (duh! :P) and find much joy in learning different instruments, trying to incorporate concepts from one instrument to the next and finding and using their strengths (or weaknesses, is sometimes very interesting) in my own slightly experimental music.

Right now, i'm stoked to get my first digital piano and start learning like I've wanted to for many years!

Casio Privia Pro PX-5S, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, Steinberg UR22, KRK RP6 G2, JBL LSR305
Guitar, mandolin and banjo player, hobbyist producer.
on YouTube
Hey there!
The name's Luis Rosales smile.

I've been lurking around the internet in search of forums where I can share out and improve on my piano music, and it seems like I found it. I'm a self taught (had a teacher for a few hours) pianist, on and off, since I was 8 years old and today I'm looking to improve myself a lot more! I am currently 20 and looking to improve my hearing, and look up some fingering techniques that can help me do arpeggios easier. I'm very happy to be here and share my creations with all of you, I hope you all enjoy them!

I normally post my piano music on YouTube so be sure to visit me!

Watch my piano videos on YouTube!
Earn Free Dogecoin! (Bitcoin Alternative)
I've been a longtime member but infrequent poster over at PianoStreet under the name lmpianist, so I thought it was finally time to set up an account here.

I've been playing on and off for about 25 years, sometimes with a teacher, sometimes not (currently not). To pay the bills I'm an engineer with an office job. I also ride horses and shoot archery.

I play mostly Classical & Romantic pieces. Most teachers would probably say that I'm not very well diversified when it comes to repertoire, but I don't care, I play what I like. Beethoven and Chopin are my two longtime favorites to play. I'm also very into Wagner Opera.

I have some recordings posted here: https://soundcloud.com/pianowolf

I'm stuck with a Yahama digital piano for now (CLP 110), but I would like to own a Steinway Model A sometime down the road, probably after I complete a tentatively planned move to North Carolina within the next couple years.

S
S
Saundra McLeod, new member. Thank you for the invite!

Writing from the Lone Star State of TEXAS! I play by ear, no lessons what so ever. I enjoy feeling each note mentally versus memorizing sheet music in which it becomes a "task" instead of an option.

Whats the best place to find out information regarding old Piano's? Info on the age, value, manufacture, etc...? I have an old upright carried down in the family. I have no idea of it's age and can't seem to find much on the internet about the manufacturer, Heyser. Any ideas?

Last edited by Saundra; 06/19/15 05:16 PM.
M
M
Hi all,

Found PW through Googling for info about electronic pianos vs. Yammie's Silent Piano.

My name's Bert, and I'm a Dutchman living in Norway.

Started playing organs (electronic, harmonium and pipe organ) at age 8 and eventually became a classical organ player and composer before giving up a career in music for family reasons, and now, exactly 50 years after I started, I'm a mere shadow of the musician I once was.

I'm here to learn both about the piano models to go for and about which pieces to play. Haven't found a forum or thread about the latter yet, but can't imagine the subject isn't discussed.

Of course, if there is something I can contribute to the forum, then I will. I just don't have high hopes for it.

Style-wise, I've always loved classical from medieval music to Xenakis and minimal music, but the event of prog rock meant I eventually widened my scope to include both rock and jazz, and these days, I'll listen to any music that contains at least something that I like about it. I don't count chords anymore. :-)

As to my piano playing, piano was always my subject no. 2 in music college, but already then, I was severely lacking in prowess. I'll never be a good pianist, but I do want to enjoy playing simple pieces.

best,
bert

upright: Forenede pianofabrikker, Oslo
Yamaha KX88 w. Roland MKS-20
Roland F-140R
G
G
Hi!
I just joined Piano World forums yesterday.
I've come across it a few times before because it comes up in google search results sometimes when looking up related topics, and I decided to finally join in.
I'm currently a college student majoring in music performance but I am also currently training to be a piano technician!

Music performance major,
Part-time piano tuner
P
P
Hello,

My name is Andrew. I've been playing piano for about a dozen years; I'm 28 currently and plan on going to graduate school for music in the next few years. I hope to learn some new things here, as well as listen to some fantastic pieces. Composition is something I've wanted to dip my toes in.

Thanks,
Andrew

M
M
Hi, I'm also a new member.I did not play for more than 8 years,but I'm also love to listen ans understand music...

R
R
Hello I am Christian,

I joined this forum to finally talk to other pianists and to socialize. I have been playing since I was 6 years old and now I am looking for techniques and other music related topics. This forum will also be an inspiration to keep saving for that acoustic piano I need. smile

Hi everyone!
So I'm new here today. First post.

I'm Andrew, and I'm 49. I live in Milton Keynes UK - where I run a private piano teaching studio. I teach students of all ages and abilities, with about 50% of my students being adult learners. I've been teaching for about 20 years. Some of my students have gone on to music careers, but hopefully many more of them have gained a lifelong enthusiasm for listening and playing.

Background wise... I started playing when I was 9, became fairly obsessed with music throughout the rest of my childhood, and studied music at the University of Birmingham and then as a postgraduate at the Royal College of Music, London.

Some of you may have come across my blog/website http://pianodao.com which covers all aspects of our journey as pianists and in life.

I look forward to getting to know others here!

Pianist, Teacher & Writer of Stuff
Business: www.keyquestmusic.com
Blog: www.pianodao.com
Hey everyone!

I'm Doran, 14, and I found this site whilst googling. I read the site for about a month as a guest before I decided to make an account.

I've been taking piano lessons since I was 3 years old, and my favourite composer is Chopin!

I studied both the yamaha(stopped) and abrsm(still doing) syllabus.

When I'm not learning or practicing my abrsm exam pieces/songs in my sig, I like to transcribe game or anime soundtracks! They can be found at https://musescore.com/user/5365921 and www.youtube.com/user/doranoon10

Part of my love for piano is due to the anime Your Lie In April, and it also introduced me to the songs in my sig.

I'm a grade 6 in Yamaha and a lowly grade 5 in abrsm, but I think my technical skill surpasses that, learning Chopin's Etudes.

Oh well, enough about me. Now it's your turn to share! smile

Last edited by Kupii; 12/19/15 04:47 PM. Reason: Added links

Hey there!

Currently working on: Chopin's Opus 25 No.11 "Winter Wind", Chopin's Opus 25 No.5 "Wrong Note", Chopin's Opus 10 No.4, Chopin's Ballade No.1 in g minor, Fritz Kreisler's Love's Sorrow arr. Rachmaninoff, transcribing the anime Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso's entire soundtrack.

Chopin ftw!
Hi, I'm Kate, I turn 17 this January. I've seen this forum and browsed it a lot but finally decided to join. I'm very much a beginner, I've only been playing for a year.
I was inspired by Billy Joel to learn and finally did get a keyboard and start taking lessons shortly after I seen him in concert last year December 5th. I learned some of Miami 2017 by Billy Joel on the piano and played it for the talent show at our school and got second place. Anyways just about a week ago I got a 1960's Wurlitzer Spinet and I'm completely in love and couldn't ever see myself quitting.
Take care.

Last edited by Kateking776; 12/20/15 02:01 PM.
P
P
Hello. I am Paul White, a retired music teacher, composer and pianist. I have some original material online which I hope may be of interest.

Free guide to piano technique: http://techniquepiano.weebly.com/

Free scores of compositions: http://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/paulwhite743

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PaulWhite743

C
C
Hi

I have been around PW for some time but never found this place. I though it's nice to introduce myself smile

I come from Poland but currently live in UK. I am an adult who found piano a great passion two years ago. It begun just after listening of some songs of talented artists such as Steve Wonder, Billy Idol, The Piano Guys, etc. I realised I want to and I had to do that. So two years ago I bought Yamaha P105 and ever since I have not regretted this decision.

I found a music school where I attend one day a week. Since then, I have barely missed practising, although I must admit I have had my highs and lows. Learning goes very slowly but I try to play every day with hope that one day I will achieve at least something to play simple classical pieces.

My musicianship has already been widen / increased. As such, I started to listen to pieces of a few classical composers. At first, the purpose was just to develop my listening skills. I don't remember when I realised I actually fell in love with Romantic music and and Chopin is just fantastic; I never miss a day without listening to him. I am afraid it doesn't help me though as I wish I could play his pieces which are so much technically demanding. I am afraid I cannot share this passion friends of mine. They think I am crazy :p and some of them even think it's waist of time.

I hope this forum will inspire me by reading posts. I also hope I can ask basic questions here as most of you are either professional piano players or very skilled musicians who started to play so early.

Zbigniew

[Linked Image]
C
C
Hello, thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself; it's a pleasure to join Piano World Forums.
My name is Charles Blanchard, and I've been hopelessly hooked on the piano since I was eleven. Have performed professionally in Germany, Mexico and the USA. Love many styles but especially attracted to 19th century. Also compose. Hoping to meet, interact with, and learn from with like-minded individuals on this fascinating site.
Have also written a book on the great 19th century pianists' outlook on musical artistry and philosophy of life.

Charles Blanchard
Pianist - Composer - Author - Speaker

Technique should create itself from spirit, not mechanics.
LISZT

Charles Blanchard
Author: Positive Piano - History's Greatest Pianists On How To Succeed Wildly In Life
www.positivepiano.com
www.facebook.com/charlesblanchardpianist
T
T
Hello everyone~ I am Jason from the United States. I decided to join this piano forum to gain knowledge and get advice from other fellow musicians. I have an upright at home and a casio px350 for travel/recording. I am trying to put together an album but I am intertwined in the copyright and legality of things...Kind of makes me not want to publish any of my songs...anyhow, please shoot me a message if you'd be interested in hearing some of my music! Thanks

A
A
Hello dear friend,

my name is Alex, 23 years old, student living in Maastricht, born in Bavaria (Germany). I came to this forum because I started composing music half a year ago and I would realy like to hear peoples opinions on my first release. I played the piano before I was composing but it didn't give me the same satisfaction. I recorded it with a yamaha P-95 and then the midi-notes where played by a piano VST (Vienna Imperial), finalized by mastering the soundtrack.

https:// Zelfkennis

Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

U
U
Hi All,

I'm a new member, just joined today.

My musical road has been interesting, to say the least. I started classical piano when I was 8 years old, and like everyone else practiced by 1-2 hours a day. I got pretty good and enjoyed playing, but I *hated* recitals. Around 16 I threatened to quit, so mom sent me to another teacher - a rock and roll/blues keyboardist. Completely turned my world around. I learned all the theory and techniques I never got with classical, especially improvisation. After him I joined my first band, but never gave up playing classical in my spare time. After 20 years playing in bands with classical on the side, I all but gave up piano to build a career and family; until, on a whim, I bought a digital piano.

That was a couple years ago. Odd how things come around -- I'm back to playing 1-2 hours a day. I've relearned most of my old pieces and tackling new ones now, almost exclusively Bach. I love Bach. That transcending moment from slogging through the notes and fingering to understanding the polyphonies and beautiful emotion is euphoric. Most interesting to me is how differently I approach learning, tackling, understanding, and ultimately playing a piece now compared to when I was a kid.

Anyway, great to be on a forum with like-minded musicians! - John A.

Page 40 of 54 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 53 54

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission