2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (HZPiano, admodios, johnesp, clothearednincompo, crab89, JohnCW, Georg Z., Joseph Fleetwood, 7 invisible), 1,274 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
B
B
Update if anyone is interested: I went back to check the Casio 350 vs Yamaha 650 again, but noticed they had another section with "professional" keyboards and found the Korg Kross. $999 (so technically fits this category, if only barely) but what a diff in the action between that and the other 2. Also has a 16-track sequencer so I'm considering spending even MORE money than before. This is getting to be a dangerous trend smile

OP Offline
good for you, but I see the kross has 61 keys and I only put on the list the ones that has 88 keys

Long time piano player, with 7 years experience working in restaurants and doing gigs in random places.

My project: Comparison of Portable Digital Pianos under 1000 US$

Owner of Kawai ES100
B
B
There are both a 61 and 88 key version FYI (the one I saw had 88)

OP Offline
Good to know. But I need someone that has one so he can give me the info i need to include it on the list.

You will buy that one or are you still looking?

Long time piano player, with 7 years experience working in restaurants and doing gigs in random places.

Owner of Kawai ES100
B
B

Last edited by bill5; 06/26/15 12:21 AM.
OP Offline
if you read the first post you should know that what I post there is mostly not in any specification chart.

If you buy it, let me know

Owner of Kawai ES100
M
M
Bill5, been just banging my head trying to decided between the same two. DGX650 or PX350. But still feeling neither where right. But that vid of Korg Kross just blew me away. Spent all last night watching utube vids in awe, some excellent tutor vids too. But the tones beside the pianos really overwhelmed me with ideals as I have never been enlighten to a keyboard like that. Deff blew the lid off my head. Little more research to decide between the Korg or Px-5. But deff em now in the right direction. Thanks..

Last edited by mistydoo; 06/28/15 01:54 PM.

Man who argue with wife, Gets no piece at night
B
B
yw I may join you on the Kross But the jury is very much out. I'm just a demanding SOB. smile

B
B
PS I assume you will try each out in a store somewhere - curious as to how you feel about each. I'm going back tomorrow, hopefully, to check them out again and maybe 1 or 2 others.

M
M
Tell ya Bill em sold on the Kross 61. With some headphones n as light weight as it is. Priceless for playing anywhere inside n outside of the house. Not to mention well be perfect when I cycle to the park n out doors areas. Then just get a PX 150 when n if the price drops for in house piano playing as I like using Pianoteq allot too..

B
B
? If you have the Kross why on Earth waste money on a Casio 150?

M
M
Kross 61 key portable fun, PX150 88 keybed is fine for me using Pianoteq.

D
D
Sorry if this is a silly question, but since the first post is from two years ago, is the information still relatively accurate? I'm a jazz guitarist with a music degree who's seriously looking to learn piano as a second instrument.

OP Offline
Is accurate in the since that what it shows is what I found. But some data is incomplete in some models, as you might see, and casio launched the next gen of the PX-150 called PX-160 that is not yet on the list, but it will be when i get enough info.

Owner of Kawai ES100
D
D
Thanks for the reply. I'm considering the Kawai ES100, as it seems to get the best reviews. I can't seem to find much info about midi capability. The brochure mentions midi in/out so I assume it does. I'm currently using Piano Marvel to learn with so I want something that sends midi. I'm also a Logic Pro user.

OP Offline
I do find the ES100 a fine choice for the price.

It does have MIDI in and out. You only have to buy an adapter from MIDI to USB. I've connect my ES100 to my computer many times to use with softwares like Synthesia and pianoteq, so I am sure it works fine.

Good luck

Owner of Kawai ES100
V
V
Hi, I live in the USA but in the end of this year I will be back to my country(Brazil) and I want to buy a keyboard here and take with me to Brazil. Because of the other things I will have to buy,(Case,Extra checked luggage,etc) I can't pay more than $1000 in a Keyboard. I really liked the Yamaha p255 but with my money limitation I won't buy this one. I read that your recommendation is the Kawai es100 but I want to know if there is any other option(might be 73/76 keys) which price fits within my terms.
I also want to know if does it worth waiting until Black Friday to buy the keyboard.
Sorry for change a little the focus of this topic.

Last edited by Vitor Lins; 07/31/15 06:27 PM.
OP Offline
If you want a substitute of a piano, don't buy anything less than 88 keys. I repeat, don't do it.

Not only having less keys will limit you, but also those keyboards are not made to simulate a piano. Those keyboards are less realistic in feel and sound.

But if you don't care about "piano simulation", then I suppose you most check out the casios and yamahas. I can't recommend on those because I am not a keyboard guy.

At this moment I would recommend the casio PX-160 that just came out. I didn't test it yet, but the previous model PX-150 was fine in my experience. Is not as good as the kawai ES100 but at least is much cheaper and overall the casio is not bad at all. Also could be easier to re-sell later because casio is more known brand.

With what you safe you could afford the extra fees of airline and case.

Good luck

Owner of Kawai ES100
F
F
I skimmed through the preceding pages and didn't find any references to this. Apologies if I missed it. The Yamaha P105 has been replaced with a new model, the p115. Here's a comparison video I found on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcwm8w9Xxio

I'm looking at this model as an upgrade for my "toy" YPT-220. The only drawback I see to it is that some people think the graded hammer action is not realistic enough. I have limited funds so the below $1000 price tag is a must. Even if that wasn't an issue, I am a rank beginner and I think it would be rather pretentious of me to purchase some high end stage piano that I wouldn't outgrow in my expected lifetime. At best I hope to be able to play at backyard parties and if I get good enough to sit in with friends who are in bands.

Kawai ES8
Yamaha P105
Yamaha YPT220

A lack of talent does not stop you from learning piano. It just takes longer and you have to work harder.

[Linked Image]
F
F
Ack! I went back to review the initial post and saw in very plain large letters "Superceded by the P-115". I have eyes but I cannot see.

Kawai ES8
Yamaha P105
Yamaha YPT220

A lack of talent does not stop you from learning piano. It just takes longer and you have to work harder.

[Linked Image]
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission