This is my 1st post after lurking around, searching for more than I could know about Steingraeber upright. But seems not much discussed here?
Previously I wrote to the company and was redirected to the authorised local dealer but receive nil respond. (probably because it was a used)
Anyway can anyone who perhaps hold a copy of Pierce or whatever information tell me more about this piano?
Well I thought it will be more than meaningful to know more about this “life” companion than just extracting its “live” performance.
Here’s some information:
Action: Renner (a sticker that indicate it) does steingraeber uses other action also? yamaha action found in steingraeber was discussed in other thread)
1) Is the piano of standard classic version? There’s no characteristic I could find with faster repetition and sostenuto or PS-Repetition
with the addition of accelerated repetition in the bass register per website. But still I hope for a more define answer.
2) What's other special features or technical specifications does this piano has? Or basically the “features” one can find from any piano catalogue? (website have not said enough)
3) How old is the piano? The official website indicate probably built in 1993?
4) The middle C and few notes before and after (tenor) had a distrubing knocking or hammering or wobbling sound (not sure whether i describe it correctly but keys are not loose for sure)
And as I played with repeating notes that disturbing knocking sound was obvious. What is that? Piano need further regulation and hammer adjusting?
5) Veneer at 2 side panels were uneven perhaps some revanishing have been done as I notice my distorted image from the reflection.
Nevertheless does this slight “comestic imperfection” affect the sound quaility of the piano? Having said, other parts remain in good conditions.
Some kind soul please…..