2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Thomas B
The action looks phenomenal! At the price point of $4000 for the GP-300 and $6000 for the GP-500BP this will put serious pressure on the Yamaha AvantGrands, what do you think? Infos on the sound engine are sparse and I would guess that there won't be any profound news in that area...

Yes I would hope that Yamaha will up their game on the AG's, but of course in the meantime this range will be worth investigating on their own merit.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Wow! Interesting times for DP people!

Kudos to Casio. They've pulled this out of the hat and wrong-footed everyone. No acoustic piano heritage whatsoever and yet they've really put themselves out there.

For their daring approach I wish Casio a lot of luck.

With Roland's new sound engine and Casio's new 'everything' I am wondering how Yamaha and Kawai will respond. But respond they will have to do to stay abreast of the market.

All of a sudden progress has accelerated significantly. Come back Dewster and revel in your dreams becoming reality!

P
P
I am completely blown away! Almost speechless!!
Can't wait to try one of these... somewhere...

The game has really changed now grin

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, iLoud, Kurzweil, Nord, PreSonus, Viscount and more...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
H
H
http://www.wired.co.uk/ says that "The Casio Hybrid Grand was announced at an event in Berlin[...] where the audience was treated to a performance by concert pianist Benjamin Grosvenor."
Is there any recording of the performance?

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Hookxs
http://www.wired.co.uk/ says that "The Casio Hybrid Grand was announced at an event in Berlin[...] where the audience was treated to a performance by concert pianist Benjamin Grosvenor."
Is there any recording of the performance?

I haven't seen one yet but I'll ask our team in Germany. We are doing a debut event in NYC on September 16th. Pianist Simone Dinnerstein will perform. We plan on recording it.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
H
H
Thanks, that is promising info.
I found this page: http://www.grand-hybrid.com/ and it contains some sound demos and technical specs. But I am not sure if it's correct, because the spces of the two models look exactly the same, as far as I can see. Could you please check about that?

OP Offline
I found this page: http://www.grand-hybrid.com/ and it contains some sound demos and technical specs. But I am not sure if it's correct, because the spces of the two models look exactly the same, as far as I can see. Could you please check about that?

That is the Casio Europe site. To clarify the specs are not exactly the same, I outlined the differences in my earlier post on this page.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
H
H
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin

That is the Casio Europe site. To clarify the specs are not exactly the same, I outlined the differences in my earlier post on this page.

I know about your post but the referred page says eg. that the modeled resonances are identical. So something is obviously wrong.

OP Offline
From what I can see on their site it appears to be a formatting issue which I'll bring to their attention. The GP-500 has the additional items in the "Acoustic Simulator" section which include:

Open String Resonance
Aliquot Resonance
Key on/off and pedal action noises

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
I
I
The action sound itself is very quiet in the Celviano Grand Hybrid pianos. We'll have to do a demo video of the instrument with the sound turned off I guess. wink

That would be great ! But we would need a point of comparison, such as another casio DP.

Where is the sound demo ? Can't find any (maybe my browser blocked it, but I don't see anything).
What about the european price ? 6000$ is 5400€, but when I search on the internet, I see that digital pianos seem more expensive in the US, so maybe that will be closer to 5000€.

H
H
Originally Posted by IgorLevit

Where is the sound demo ? Can't find any (maybe my browser blocked it, but I don't see anything).

Scroll down until there is AiR Grand sound Source section and then scroll again and small box with Berlin grand will appear. Others follow. Only one piece per piano.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by IgorLevit

Scroll down until there is AiR Grand sound Source section and then scroll again and small box with Berlin grand will appear. Others follow. Only one piece per piano.

I heard these last night and also raise this issue to our european partners. It appears they recorded all of them in Mono. We will be getting recordings up on our Casio Music Gear page as soon as possible.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
A
A
another company that finds the best way to sell technical objects is to put a blonde women
in front.

Perhaps you could have invested more in audio recording and less in soft lens photography

More Geese than Swans now live, more Fools than Wise.
OP Offline
I've quickly uploaded two tracks to the Casio Music Gear Soundcloud page - I'll be adding more as soon as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/casiomusicgear/sets/celviano-grand-hybrid

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
The action sound itself is very quiet in the Celviano Grand Hybrid pianos. We'll have to do a demo video of the instrument with the sound turned off I guess. wink

Mike,

I hope you can also produce videos that do not use Adobe Flash. Many, including myself, have disabled flash for security reason. This means these videos cannot be viewed.

Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
ditto

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
OP Offline
Aren't there browser plug-ins that allow you to watch Youtube and other video sites without Flash? If not what sites do you guys recommend?

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
C
C
Have to say I'm mega-impressed with those soundtracks Mike. A sensible mix of style and dynamics, and overall, I have to say that if the touch matches the quality of these samples, AG etc. are going to have some powerful competition. The sustain/resonance seemed quite short at times, but maybe this can be adjusted...

Last edited by Chris Warren; 09/03/15 01:23 PM.
I
I
Sustain/resonance is very short, this is awful. I am really disappointed to hear this sample, eventhough the sound itself is very good and realistic. I really hope that this an adjustable parameter.

Last edited by IgorLevit; 09/03/15 01:53 PM.
P
P
I'm very impressed with what I've seen! And this is the first time that Casio actually states their sound source (its normally been Steinway's but they've been hesitant to confirm or deny that in the past). Kind of hard to keep Bechstein a secret now that they ARE Bechstein!

www.PianoManChuck.com
Authorized Reseller of Casio, Dexibell, iLoud, Kurzweil, Nord, PreSonus, Viscount and more...
PianoManChuck on Youtube
Page 2 of 29 1 2 3 4 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission