Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

the Forums & Piano World

Trying Something New with Search
(ad) The Best of Both Worlds
Yamaha Hybrid the Best of Both Worlds
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
125 registered (Anne'sson, AndrewJCW, anotherscott, ando, andal, anamnesis, 41 invisible), 1361 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#2469785 - Today at 04:56 PM Sweetwater, Wow!
Savante Offline

Loc: deep in the woods
I haven't posted in awhile, but some here may remember me as a Kawai MP11 owner who wrote several posts about the instrument last year (2014).

Unfortunately, on September 13, this year, my house and everything in it burned to the ground in the huge California wildfire called the "Valley Fire". Among my losses (all uninsured) was my entire music studio in which I had invested about $200,000 over the last 30 years. Among the losses are a high-end Kawai grand piano, a top-of-the-line Yamaha upright piano, several Kawai digital pianos (including the aforementioned MP11), at least 20 hardware synthesizers, ten expensive high-quality guitars and basses, three computers, and a huge amount of high-end studio equipment. All lost. All uninsured.

Needless to say, this has been a devastating experience and a very difficult time for me. Besides the musical equipment, I also lost everything else I owned, including the house itself and all its contents.

Over the last 20 years I have bought a lot of my musical gear from Sweetwater. They've always been great to me, and they have very customer-friendly policies. I recently spoke with my Sweetwater salesman, Jeffrey Green, and mentioned to him the fire and that I had lost every single bit of musical equipment that I owned, including everything I had ever purchased from Sweetwater.

Jeffrey Green mentioned the situation to the owner of Sweetwater, Chuck Surack. Chuck immediately approved sending me a digital piano (Yamaha P45) plus a bench and stand, all at no charge -- just to give me an instrument so that I can have music in my (vastly reduced) present circumstance. The total value of the gift was over $500 (Sweetwater prices).

I received the gear last Friday and the Yamaha P45, while more of a "low-end" instrument than anything I previously used in my studio, is actually quite nice. It's very playable, with very good action and sound. I am enjoying playing this instrument very much, though of course I am still devastated by the loss of my magnificent music studio, carefully assembled over a lifetime.

Above all, I am blown away by Sweetwater's kindness, thoughtfulness, and great generosity to me at this very difficult time in my life. I think this kind of gesture is a rare thing in the business world today, and Sweetwater deserves great praise and appreciation for such a magnanimous act. I was already a Sweetwater fan, now I will be a loyal customer for life (to the extent that I can ever afford musical gear again).

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
The Right Mic Makes all the Difference. Piano Mics at Sweetwater

Click Here

#2469786 - Today at 05:03 PM Re: Sweetwater, Wow! [Re: Savante]
debussychopin Offline

Nice by Sweetwater. I'm a fan too.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I cannot imagine how this may be to you, but it is encouraging to see you focus on positive things , especially lifting up Sweetwater even amidst your losses you want to acknowledge a small gesture.

I used to live in the San Fernando valley and Simi Valley areas for a good chunk of my life, seeing wildfires annually was always a nervous time for me. I've seen a lot of scorched and burned down homes in my life.

Good luck to you. You still have all your memories and your character . Priceless smile

#2469793 - Today at 05:11 PM Re: Sweetwater, Wow! [Re: Savante]
spanishbuddha Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: UK
Nice to hear that about a retailer, and good to see you feel able able to share after your terrible experience. Best.

#2469802 - Today at 05:47 PM Re: Sweetwater, Wow! [Re: Savante]
ElmerJFudd Online   content
500 Post Club Member

36 month no interest financing as well going into the holiday season

#2469808 - Today at 06:07 PM Re: Sweetwater, Wow! [Re: Savante]
bitnick Online   content

Loc: Sweden
Sorry about your loss. That must be a terrible experience. frown

#2469898 - 30 minutes 19 seconds ago Re: Sweetwater, Wow! [Re: Savante]
Morodiene Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
I'm so sorry for your loss, but I am happy you survived! And that was a touching gesture that employee and the owner of Sweetwater did for you. It's refreshing to hear about the good side of humanity once in a while.

I hope you are well and can bounce back from this. I simply cannot imagine what it's like, but know you are in my prayers. smile
private piano/voice teacher FT

#2469911 - 10 minutes 7 seconds ago Re: Sweetwater, Wow! [Re: Savante]
Kawai James Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Hamamatsu, Japan
Hello Savante,

To echo the sentiments of others, I'm terribly sorry to hear your house and possessions have fallen victim to the forest fires. However, I'm glad that you are still alive.

May I wish you the best of luck recovering from this terribly unfortunate disaster.

Kind regards,
Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 fan & occasional rare groove player.

"Richard, none of us could forget you have a CLP-990." - EssBrace, 2014

Moderator:  Piano World 
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad) Yamaha Stage Pianos
Yamaha CP4 & CP40 Stage Pianos
Ad (the Piano Store)
the Piano Store - Restored Steinway Pianos
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Can I Easily Record YouTube Video from my iPad?
by gracegren
10/13/15 09:53 PM
Adult students: should they learn everything at one time?
by dogperson
10/13/15 09:26 PM
Carpal tunnel symptoms after a long road trip...
by indigo_dave
10/13/15 09:15 PM
Ballpark cost to rebuild a Baldwin SD-10
by Mark...
10/13/15 07:48 PM
Sweetwater, Wow!
by Savante
10/13/15 04:56 PM
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
Forums Rules & Help
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Forum Stats
81,028 Registered Members
44 Forums
167,512 Topics
2,455,071 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission