2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
33 members (Cominut, crab89, Animisha, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 4 invisible), 1,178 guests, and 270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thank you peterws, Sam S, MeganR, barbaram, piano_primo_1, SwissMS, MarieJ, Riddler, BillM, ajames, and UnderConstruction. I find it hard to judge my own playing and sometimes feel like I should be doing better, but your kind comments are very encouraging and help me to be more patient with myself.

Originally Posted by MeganR
I'll be joining you soon I hope in the Alfred's 2 thread.
I moved on to Faber's, but I've been thinking that maybe (a big maybe) I might try working on some of the stuff in the Alfred's 2 book. Just kind of have my hands full at the moment.

Originally Posted by BillM
My friend is thinking of learning piano via Piano Marvel (he currently has a teacher and is not progressing very well).
I don't recommend learning via Piano Marvel. (PM me if you want more info.) Tell your friend to hang in there, it's just a matter of time.

Linda

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Casio Privia PX-850 (home), Yamaha Upright (lessons)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
What an awesome recital!! I'm so impressed with everybody's playing and with the variety of music presented. I can say with all sincerity that there wasn't a single one that didn't appeal to me in one way or another. In fact, I listened to each one at least twice. So it took a while to get through all the submissions, but it was a pleasure to do so.

01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Grave I wasn't sure what to make of this piece at first, with its gloomy start, but then before I realized it I'd been sucked in and was listening intently to every note. Wonderful!

02. UnderConstruction - Impromptu Op 90 no 3 Wonderful! I have all I can do to memorize a minute long piece with far fewer notes.

03. earlofmar - Largo in Eb Major Very nice to listen to. I don't know anything about tremolos, except they sounded good to me.

04. MarieJ - Passaggio I like it. It has a lot of interesting variety to it, such as that chord section in the middle.

05. PikaPianist - Prelude in B major, Op.11 No.11 I agree, a "gorgeous gem." And it was great to be able to watch it being played.

06. johan d - Menuet in G minor, BWV Anh.115 I always enjoy listening to minuets. I like the unhurried pacing, sounds very elegant.

07. CarlosCC - La nascita delle cose segrete I really enjoyed everything about this one, didn't want it to end.

08. AZ_Astro - Just a Day Away Very nice! I have Cool Beans and am really looking forward to learning this piece, but it'll be a while because I want to work through the progressive pieces in the Easy Beans book first.

09. Pavel.K - Prelude in B Minor, Op. 28 No. 6 - Lento assai Interesting piece. If I had to pick one of the feelings/moods that you listed, I'd go with "something inevitably coming."

10. Peyton - Gnossienne #3 Sounds exotic to me. Great idea to add the blowing leaves. Kind of like staring into a flame - hypnotizing. I actually liked the unintentional addition of the blowing sound at the end.

11. Sam S - Prelude I from WTC I Very cool to hear the harpsichord. I can't imagine playing on reverse colored keys.

12. Riddler (Ed) - Come Sunday Beautiful! My teacher sometimes plays jazz style duets with a trumpet player at her church. I'll have to check to see if she's familiar with this one.

13. Monica K. - Home What a beautiful piece to both listen to and watch being played.

14. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Bluette For me, a very enjoyable to piece to listen to while relaxing and reflecting, but can't imagine dancing to this. Then again, I'm not much of a dancer.

15. BrianDX - Song Of Kilimanjaro Great tempo, I especially like the beginning section with the dark chords and contrasting high tinkling notes.

16. Khopin - Chopin - Andante Spianato I had no problem hearing the melody. I particularly like the parts where the notes sounded like they were tumbling down.

17. Zoot64 - Allegro First movement from Sonatina in C, Op. 36 No.1 Very enjoyable. Sounds like a fun piece to play, going to add this one to my some-day wish list.

18. dynamobt/Marilyn - Arabesque I can see why chose this piece to bring back as your first post-surgery project, it's really quite wonderful. Good luck on your Christmas performance. I'm sure you'll have an appreciative audience.

19. peterws (peter) - Platform Level - Way Out! That was awesome! I enjoyed every moment of it. I would never have guessed it was improvised. I hope you'll continue to "play around" and share the results with us.

20. barbaram - Dream a Little Dream I can understand your family's request for more "song ones" as that's the type I normally prefer. I don't know what the tweaks were that you did, but I thought it sounded great.

21. JustinDAggie - Philosophy That was different, in a good way. I'll bet it was fun to play.

22. lyricmudra - Minuet in G Minor from the Keyboard Suite No. 1 in B-Flat Major, HWV

This is a different type of minuet than I've heard before (not sure if that's due to the arrangement or my limited musical experience), but in any case it was a pleasure to listen to and watch being played.

23. 8 Octaves - Sonata in G Major, 2nd Mvmt: Romance I love the pace of this, it sounds very regal and dignified to me, as if you're playing for the nobles at court.

24. Greener/Jeff - Ab Waltz This piece doesn't sound simple to me! Fun to listen to though, and I bet even funner to play.

25. sinophilia - Invention no. 1 in C major Very nice, it'd be great to hear the second invention, too. I notice you play to the bottom of the keys, which is something I'm working on. But you do it in such a gentle and relaxed manner, while I'm like a bull in a china shop about it. I aspire to playing as gracefully one day.

26. Copper - Yesterday I liked the way you played this, it evokes feelings of nostalgia. I'm learning how to play lead sheets in each unit of my Faber's method book. That's keeping me busy right now, but once I finish with that I'll be dusting off my fakebook collection.

27. Medden (Simon) - I Giorni Ha, my first recital piece was too quiet also. Only 2 years and from memory. Amazing. I listened to the whole thing... and very glad I did.

28. Sand Tiger - Somewhere Over the Rainbow Thanks for sharing your version of Over the Rainbow, it was fun to listen to.

29. Pollux - Piggies So you played this by ear? I don't recognize the song, however I really like that melody. Now I'm curious what the lyrics to it are. Making a note to check that out later...

30. MeganR - Angelfish I think you did an excellent job with this piece. You should be proud of your progress so far!!

31. Alexander Borro - Canzone Popolare (Ludovico Einaudi) That was lovely. Though, did I miss the extended ending you mentioned in the notes? The last note I heard was at 1:06, then nothing between that and 1:22.

32. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Nocturne in Eb Major Op. 9 No. 2 A beautiful piano for your beautiful playing. Right now I can only daydream about moving around the piano as easily as you do.

33. BillM - Blackbird What a treat - got to hear some singing in addtion to the great piano playing. You have a wonderful voice.

34. Ganddalf - Barcarolle no.1 - Op 26 I thought that was excellent! There sure was a lot going on in that piece - kudos for getting it memorized.

35. jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer I should hope your audience likes this one. I love the way you play it - loose and fun, and I actually prefer this tempo.

36. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - The Young Prince and The Young Princess This is a beautiful piece, played with lots of feeling. Really nice.

37. stumbler/Dave - Mr. John Begg's Favourite Very interesting to read this is actually a fiddle piece. I really like what you did with it. Sounds like it was composed for the piano.

38. Piano_Primo_1 - Menuet 116 and Aria 115 I had a hard time watching the video so I switched over to just the recording. Ah, much better! The harpsichord playing was a nice variation. Great submissions. And I learned something new with that poppy-laced tobacco factoid.

39. Newbert - Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry This song sound vaguely familiar to me. Nicely played. I had to look up what "torch songs" are. Yeah, I'm a sucker for them.

40. ElaineAllegro - Mazurka Opus 24 No 2 in C major I liked the light-hearted feel of these pieces, as well as your imagery of the different groups of folk dancers.

41. Snapsh00t3r - Comptine d'un Autre Ete I've heard this before, just didn't know the title. It's a pretty piece, and I thought you did quite well with it.

42. never2old John Harrison - Waltz in a minor (posth) That sounded wonderful to me. I like your playing style. I'll be coming back to YouTube later to watch more of your videos.

43. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Slippin' Around and Sneakin' Round How nice, two fun pieces to enjoy. And bonus points for getting it done in one take!

44. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement I liked the variety in this piece and how it all fit together. And it was a pleasure to watch you play it.

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C You've been playing for only 9 weeks? That's really outstanding that you can play such a piece so well already. Looking forward to your next recital submission.

46. outo - Prelude op 28-7 I regret that I wasn't around for some recitals, so I can understand the desire to not want to miss one. I thought this piece was fine - a great back up plan.

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4 A couple of really great pieces. Hard to belive they're still works in progress.

48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4) Lovely. I find pieces with the melody in the left hand to be challenging, so it's nice to hear something like this by an experienced plaer.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4 Beautiful. Just... beautiful. (I can't imagine what could need improving.)

50. Kenan - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor I can't speak to the technical aspects, but I thought your playing was rather amazing for only being at it one year. I'm not even close to playing anything like that.

51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt. That seemed plenty fast to me. I, as the listener, was grateful for the occasional pause/quieter section to catch my breath. Seems like quite a workout for the pianist.

53. scorpio - Winter Twilight You put together a great video. But especially loved the music and your playing of it.

54. ajames - At the Ballet Glad you decided to share this with us, it's a nice, enjoyable little piece. Also, congrats on your first video.

55. briangmoore - Allemande, French Suite #2 This piece sounds like a finger twister. Good job on getting something like that memorized.

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4 I liked them both. You looked like you were playing them with confidence, something I'm aware I need to work on.

57. Inlanding - Glen - Cold Wind I think you did a great job with your improvisation in conveying a cold wind feeling.

58. Carlos88 - Jimbo's Lullaby I think Debussy and I have different ideas of what a lullaby sounds like, but overall it was an enjoyable listen with a nice melody and interesting left hand chords.

59. Lady_Augustina - Stargazing I agree that it's a relaxing piece. Now if I had a patio, a good glass of wine, and a night sky without city lights I'd be all set.

60. raubucho - The Highlander Bravo for not giving up on getting a recording in especially with all the troubles you went through to make it happen. I thought your playing was great, especially after only 7 months - something to be proud of!

Linda

Casio Privia PX-850 (home), Yamaha Upright (lessons)
N
N
I didn't realise how long it would take when getting involved with this recital! Apart from the lengthy task of preparing the piece and recording it, I have listened at least 3 times to everyone's submissions, made notes all over the place and now I am trying to bring them together.
Most of the great things I wanted to say have already been said so at the risk of repeating others too much I have to say I didn't find anyone at all that shouldn't succeed in becoming an accomplished pianist. Everyone seemed to possess the musicality and passion required to make it.
Today I'm supposed to be working in the garden but I must get this finished so here goes:

01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Very accomplished playing. Your years of study shine through! Excellent.

02. UnderConstruction - Impromptu Op 90 no 3 Great piece beautifully played. How did you get this good so quickly?

03. earlofmar - Largo in Eb Major
I love Chopin but hadn't heard this lovely piece before. I could hear a few hesitations so maybe needs a bit more practice so it flows better but well done on a good performance on what sounds like a difficult piece.

04. MarieJ - Passaggio This was well played and I'm surprised you are doing so well without a teacher. I would normally recommend a teacher for everyone but perhaps in your case you can achieve your goals without one. Well done.

[b]05. PikaPianist - Prelude in B major, Op.11 No.11[/b] Very beautiful. You've inspired me to learn this myself. Thankyou.

06. johan d - Menuet in G minor, BWV Anh.115 You're going well for 22 months. You've really captured the essence of Bach. BTW I will pm you with some repertoire when I get time.

07. CarlosCC - La nascita delle cose segrete How is it Einaudi fans often seem to be self-taught? you played this very confidently and with feeling so maybe you're another one that doesn't need a teacher. At the risk of being booted off the forum Einaudi is not my favorite composer (I think it was because I had to listen to him whilst having acupuncture) but maybe one day I will convert!

08. AZ_Astro - Just one word came to mind for this...sweet!

09. Pavel.K - Prelude in B Minor, Op. 28 No. 6 - Lento assai Well played but it sounded like the tempo may need some attention. I think yours was a little fast in places. In my mind this need to be very slow and steady throughout. Others may disagree.

10. Peyton - Gnossienne #3 Another great Satie piece. I haven't tried this one yet but I know they are deceptively difficult to play well. You made it sound easy. I'm impressed!

11. Sam S - Prelude I from WTC Great to hear this played on the harpsichord. It sounded so much more 'authentic' Although the piano version was good, it seemed to lose the Bachness (I've just invented a new word). Good on you fellow old guy!

12. Riddler (Ed) - Had me tapping my feet and wishing I was in a piano bar with a drink in my hand and a pretty girl beside me. (Don't tell my wife) Nice!

13. Monica K. - Home As I said I'm not really an Einaudi fan (Ouch! don't hit me) but this was beautifully played.

14. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Bluette Absolutely loved it. I've hardly tried any jazz/blues but I should try to make time to learn some. What grade do you think this would be cos I would love to learn it?

Time for brekky...hope to get back to the rest shortly.

Semi-retired photographer from Australia enjoying my spare time learning to play piano. Started in 2011...progressing slowly. Would like to correspond and get critiques from others who play. To know more of my journey or listen to me play visit my blog at www.harrisonsphotography.com.au/wp
John H
S
S
First batch of comments.

60. raubucho, The Highlander - Jean-Joseph Mouret
Sorry to hear about the pain you went through to make this recording.Well done, I doubt I could successfully record anything after having to jump through as many hoops.

59. Lady_Augustina, Stargazing - Michele McLaughlin
Beautiful piece. Well played, you keep the melody prominent. Nice smooth arpeggios.

58. Carlos88, Jimbo's Lullaby - Debussy
Well done. Great range of tone.

57. Inlanding - Glenm, Cold Wind
This is a lot darker than some of your previous works, a cold wind in the night perhaps. Lovely.

56. Moonsh1ne, Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4 - Frederic Chopin
Big sound with a lot of character. You have these nailed, though I your left hand rhythm in No. 4 threw me for a loop.

55. briangmoore, Allemande, French Suite #2 - Bach
I love this one too. You've got some great phrasing.

54. ajames, At the Ballet - William Gillock
William Gillock is new to me. What a upbeat little gem.

53. scorpio, Winter Twilight - David Nevue
I really enjoyed this, very contemplative mood.

52. TX-Bluebonnet (Linda), Malaguena
This is great progress for so little time. You handle some of the tricky rhythmic stuff quite well. Good job capturing that spanish feel.

51. MaryBee, Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt. - Beethoven
Makes me want to take a go at this, but maybe still out of my reach. Bravo.

50. Kanon, Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor
Beautiful playing. I'm impressed with those right hand runs.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S
Originally Posted by peterws
How d`ya get that authentic Scxottish feel? The trills are something else. Super sounding piano; this had Celtic written all over it.

Thanks peterws, I've had this one on the back burner for a long time. I think the approach to trills for this needs to be a bit different from classical trills, maybe different accents. I got it right on some of them. but not all.

Originally Posted by Medden
Certainly got the Highland feel to it. How original to take a fiddle piece on the piano. Grand job! You pulled it off with aplomb.

I submitted a few other pieces from the same collection to the piano bar when I started on piano world, but for this one I took a straight approach, the highland feel is so dominant in the melody. The nice thing about working with an old collection of melodies is that the composer is no longer around to outrage at the liberties one takes.

Originally Posted by PianogrlNW
Delightful Scottish folk tune. There is a yearning quality to the tune that you brought out well.

My feeling on the mood is that of missing something from the past, perhaps a separation from Scotland for many years.

Originally Posted by MeganR
37 stumbler Mr. John Begg's Favourite really enjoyed.

Thank you Megan,

Originally Posted by ajames
Lovely soulful Scottish music. Very nicely done, I can see Mr. John Begg has excellent taste, haha.

I suspect that William Shepherd was working on a sponsorship basis, though I have no factual basis for thinking this. Mr. John Begg would have contributed to the publishing expenses by sponsoring this piece.

Originally Posted by SwissMS
Lovely, expressive playing of this Scottish piece. Nice arrangement!

Thanks SwissMS

Originally Posted by BillM
Nice arrangement. This is lovely recording – Your Roland sounds awesome as do you.

Thank you Bill. I think this was the concert grand. I was tempted to use the bright grand, which has a twangier sound and which is easier to keep the base from overpowering the melody, but in the end kept to a more normal piano sound.

Originally Posted by piano_primo_1
cool tune, nice plying and dynamics … thanks

Thanks primo.

Originally Posted by Sam S
very nice - my wife loved it. A refreshing change from the usual recital fare.

I have some other arrangements from this collection I've been struggling with. Maybe I can get one in shape for the next recital.

Originally Posted by MarieJ
I’m with Mr John Begg - that could well be one of MY favourites, too. Sensitive performance!

Thank you MarieJ

Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Listening to this definitely took me to Scotland! Loved it!

I wish I could credit my Scottish grandmother, but I have no recollection of what music she liked. I would have loved to get her response to this.

Originally Posted by TX-Bluebonnet
Very interesting to read this is actually a fiddle piece. I really
like what you did with it. Sounds like it was composed for the piano.

There are a lot of melodies in this collection. This one certainly lends itself to piano. Thank you bonny Bluebonet.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
N
N
Had brekky...lets continue

16. Khopin - Chopin - Andante Spianato Just beautiful...I love Chopin and you have done him justice with this. Didn't notice the left hand too heavy on this but I think it's more difficult to control dynamics on a digital piano.

17. Zoot64 - Allegro First movement from Sonatina in C, Op. 36 No.1 I'm not sure how legato this should be but it sounded great how you played it. You are making very good progress.

18. dynamobt/Marilyn - Arabesque Schumann is another of my favourite composers so I really enjoyed this. Your old piano sounds great. Wish I could play this well.

19. peterws (peter) - Platform Level - Way Out! Good one! Enjoyed it. I really admire people who are able to improvise...I don't seem to be able to get it at all. BTW love your sense of humour with your comments.

20. barbaram - Dream a Little Dream Always liked this song. I've tried 'pop' songs on the piano but most seem to need extra backing or vocals but this turned out very nicely as is.

21. JustinDAggie - Philosophy Your piano has a very distinctive sound. Didn't notice the dodgy D. Nicely done.

22. lyricmudra - Minuet in G Minor from the Keyboard Suite No. 1 in B-Flat Major, HWV I don't usually like transcriptions but this is really nice. Another one to put on my list. Thankyou.

23. 8 Octaves - Sonata in G Major, 2nd Mvmt: After hearing you play this I now have yet another one to put on my 'to do' list. Lovely piece beautifully played. Not sure why you didn't want to use pedal? I think I would prefer to add a little pedal here and there.

24. Greener/Jeff - Ab Waltz Yet another lovely Chopin piece. The man was a genius. I'm looking forward to learning this when I get a little better...maybe next year. Nicely played but maybe could be a little smoother around the ornaments? Thanks, Jeff

25. sinophilia - Invention no. 1 in C major Never been very keen on Bach but the more I hear I'm started to convert. Well done.

26. Copper - Yesterday Using a fakebook is still as skill I have to master. You are good at it!

27. Medden (Simon) - I Giorni Played with great feeling. I'm not really an Einaudi fan but I listened to the end!

28. Sand Tiger - Somewhere Over the Rainbow Heard this a zillion times but still like it...thankyou for sharing

29. Pollux - Piggies Loved the White Album and particularly this song...it always makes me smile. Haven't heard it for ages. Your version is great. Unlike you I have a teacher but I also lack discipline and never do my scales! I'm not usually keen on instrumentals of 'pop' songs but this works really well

30. MeganR - Angelfish Megan, you are doing really well after such a short time. It took me 4 years before I was brave enough to share anything. My family usually leave the room when I play the piano.

Halfway mark...time for a break

Semi-retired photographer from Australia enjoying my spare time learning to play piano. Started in 2011...progressing slowly. Would like to correspond and get critiques from others who play. To know more of my journey or listen to me play visit my blog at www.harrisonsphotography.com.au/wp
John H
N
N
My next batch. Much more fun than weeding the garden.

31. Alexander Borro - Canzone Popolare (Ludovico Einaudi
) It's very hard to control the dynamics on some pianos, especially digital. I know cos I'm on my third piano first one digital, second upright acoustic and now a grand which for me has been the easiest to control but I still have a long way to go. Keep up the good work!

32. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Nocturne in Eb Major Op. 9 No. 2 My FAVOURITE from the whole recital. I've been so looking forward to being able to play this myself. I played a pretty bad dumbed-down version but the real thing is magnificent and you play it really well. As you say the sound recording ain't great and doesn't do you and your piano justice. I'll be very happy when I can play it as well as you. Thanks, Jade

33. BillM - Blackbird Excellent..good old White album. Wish I could play by ear and sing. When I try, all my family and friends tell me not to give up my day job (but I have anyway). I prefer to hear vocals with most popular songs but unfortunately I don't have your talent. Been listening to some of your other stuff on Youtube and I'm very impressed. Thanks, Bill

34. Ganddalf - Barcarolle no.1 - Op 26 It's often difficult to tell from listening how difficult a piece is to play. You make this sound easy. Well done.

35. jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer Ragtime's another genre I would like to learn when I get time. This is an old favourite of mine and I think the tempo is about right. I wouldn't want it much faster. Good job, Cathy.

36. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - The Young Prince and The Young Princess I've never heard this before. You've introduced me to a new composer. Thank-you, Mike

37. stumbler/Dave - Mr. John Begg's Favourite You've done a great job in arranging this for piano. Well done Dave

38. Piano_Primo_1 - Menuet 116 and Aria 115 Listening to the recitals I'm getting more interested in Bach now. I especially enjoyed you playing the minuet on the piano. Not sure about the sound of the harpsichord even if it may have been more authentic for Bach.

39. Newbert - Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry I checked out this song with Linda Ronstadt and you're right, it's fabulous. Thanks for opening my eyes to yet more great music.

40. ElaineAllegro - Mazurka Opus 24 No 2 in C major Being a major Chopin fan I'm keen to learn the Mazurkas. They are all so different and I'm having trouble getting my head around them musically. So far the only one I've learned is Op 67 no 2 in G minor. The notes were easy enough to learn but I still have difficulty deciding how it should be played as it doesn't seem much like a dance at all. Onto your performance: you played this beautifully and it does sound like a dance. Was it hard to learn as I would like to put it on my list?

41. Snapsh00t3r - Comptine d'un Autre Ete Loved the movie and love this music. When I head it and you said it wasn't too difficult I immediately found it on line and bought a copy. Unfortunately my hands are a bit small and I have some arthritis so it really hurts to play the left hand. A few measure may be ok but I'm not sure I could get through the whole thing. Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed your interptretation

43. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Sounds like you really enjoyed playing both these pieces. I certainly enjoyed listening to them. Thanks, Cheryl.

44. SwissMS/Doris - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement Didn't like the intro very much then suddenly the beautiful melody is introduced and I was hooked. Very nicely played and now you've inspired me to learn it myself. Thank-you

45. Smurfette - Prelude in C Well played and after such a short time too! You have managed to keep the notes very even and 'Bach-like' whilst getting some expression into this piece that can get boring if not careful.
It's great practice recording yourself. The more times you do it the less nervous you become and you will learn to relax and breathe normally. Good for a recital in front of actual people! Good luck with your journey.

To be continued...

John H
N
N
On the home straight now...last batch of comments!

46. outo - Prelude op 28-7
This piece looks deceptively simple. I have only just managed to play it reasonably well and I'm probably at a similar level to you. Having said that I thought your performance was quite ok except for, as other have pointed out, you haven't got the dotted rhythm quite right. It is a bit tricky and I think two things have helped me (apart from my teacher of course): 1) Listen to several youtube videos of well-known pianists and imitate them. 2) learn to use a metronome if you don't already do so. I hated the metronome and hardly used it for the first 2.5years and my timing suffered but eventually I got the hang of it and now I check the timing on almost any new piece I learn. I'm still not great but It has definitely improved my rhythm. Hope that helps!

47. Valencia - Poetic Tone Pictures Op. 3 Nos 1 and 4 Very nice indeed. You must have worked hard to learn these to this level so quickly. Well done.

48. Andy Platt - Prelude in E Minor (Opus 11, No 4) I'm not so good with my left hand so I think this would be hard for me! I know what you mean about the tuning. Mine goes out every time the weather changes...very annoying but I live out of the city so it's expensive to have tuned. Regarding the thumping pedal, I couldn't hear it but it may be the position of the microphone. Also my teacher always complained to me about thumping the pedal. She said before playing any piano, always test the pedal first to see where the sustain cuts in and out and hold the pedal part way down all the time. Never fully up or down. Mind you I still forget.
Anyway apart from a few hesitations you played this lovely piece very well.

49. Richard (zrtf90) - Notturno, Op. 54 No. 4
I didn't hear your earlier version but this is a wonderful performance of a beautiful piece of music. I hope I will get to this level one day and be able to play this myself. Oh and did I say I loved it? Great stuff, Richard.

50. Kenan - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor This is a beautiful piece very well executed but I do have a problem! I might sound like an old sceptic but even though I've only played piano myself for 4.5 years I've been around music all my life and I've never heard of a 13 year old with only 12 months experience being able to play a Grade 7 Chopin piece to this standard in only 2 months. This leads me to believe you are either a genius or else you're having a joke with us. If the latter, please fess up 'cos there are folk here who've been struggling for years to get to this level and it can make them discouraged when others claim to learn so quickly.

51. MaryBee - Sonata No. 1 in F Minor, 1st Mvt. Great stuff, MaryBee. As you said it has great energy and sounds like it would be great fun to play when you have mastered it. Unfortunately my fingers (and brain) are slowing down now so I'm not sure I will ever learn to play it this well and certainly not even faster as you are hoping for. Very impressive. Well done!

52. TX-Bluebonnet (Linda) - Malaguena
Great progress after only 11 months, Linda. You've captured the Spanish dance feel very well. I can imagine the skirts twirling and Sangria flowing in the crowded room. Don't stop now!

53. scorpio - Winter Twilight Very relaxing. Should listen again just before bedtime. Good work, Scorpio!

John H
N
N
Hopefully I'll get the last few done in one sitting!

54. ajames - At the Ballet a fun little piece, nicely done. Thanks for sharing!

55. briangmoore - Allemande, French Suite #2 Sounds like this would be hard to learn. From what you've said I presume you are either a not very good reader or have trouble taking your eye off the keyboard to play at the correct tempo. If this is the case I was in the same category but have been trying to improve so so I don't have to memorize everything. My teacher gets me to play through loads of new pieces to improve my reading and also gets me to practice playing without looking at the keyboard. Anyway best to listen to your teacher! Well done on your performance.

56. Moonsh1ne - Preludes Op 28 No 20 and No 4 Two more short Chopin pieces I'm yet to attempt. Both look quite straightforward but are always harder to play well than they look. You've done well with these and they will get even better as you progress.

57. Inlanding - Glen - Great original composition, Glen. You conveyed the feeling very well. I can feel that cold wind blowing. Think I'll fetch my coat. BTW love the sound of your piano.

58. Carlos88 - Jimbo's Lullaby. This piece is in my 'easy to intermediate' book so I tried it but it ain't easy. You've managed to make it sound really good...well done, Carlos.

59. Lady_Augustina -- Stargazing Nice piece well played but let down somewhat by poor sound recording. Perhaps you can get a better microphone or mini digital recorder later to do you and your music full justice?

60. raubucho - The Highlander Great little piece superbly executed by a 'newbie'. You'll probably get mad at a new acoustic piano as they are forever going out of tune, but it will also bring you great joy. Good luck with your piano learning journey.

Phew, that's it...finished. Just a note to say I'm only a beginner myself so please take more notice of your teacher or a more experienced pianist than me!

Thank-you for all those who've taken the time to listen to me playing and written comments. I really appreciate them and have gained a lot of encouragement from this recital. Like everyone, I prefer to hear nice things but I also really want constructive criticism to help me improve, so don't hold back for fear of offending me!

Good luck with your piano learning journey to all particpants in the 40th recital. I'm sure you all agree it has been a great success.

Finally a BIG thank-you to the organizers who have given their time to get it all together.

John H

John H
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
18. dynamobt/Marilyn - Arabesque

You handled this challenging piece beautifully. Some time back in history I tried to learn it myself, but was never able to play it well. What was the main difficulty for me were to get the sixteenth notes even. I couldn’t hear that you had any problems with that. Well done!

19. peterws (peter) - Platform Level - Wat Out!

This was very fine music and beautifully played. The chord progression was interesting, and far from trivial. You play with excellent drive and elegance.

20. barbaram - Dream a Little Dream I know this melody, of course, but it is ages since I heard it last time. You play very well and it was very enjoyable to listen to it.

Originally Posted by never2old
On the home straight now...last batch of comments!

[b]50. Kenan - Nocturne no. 20 in C-sharp minor
This is a beautiful piece very well executed but I do have a problem! I might sound like an old sceptic but even though I've only played piano myself for 4.5 years I've been around music all my life and I've never heard of a 13 year old with only 12 months experience being able to play a Grade 7 Chopin piece to this standard in only 2 months. This leads me to believe you are either a genius or else you're having a joke with us. If the latter, please fess up 'cos there are folk here who've been struggling for years to get to this level and it can make them discouraged when others claim to learn so quickly.

I honestly love playing piano so that must be where my inspiration comes from. I grab emotion from any place I travel, whether it be Europe or a small town in Georgia. I'm trying to do Liszt and I've finished the first page of La Campanella, hopefully piano will lead me somewhere in life, I would love to go to Budapest or Vienna later in life to study music.

-Kenan
Pearl River EU122 48"
I've been playing piano with a teacher
since January '15
Studying under Eunmi Ko of USF as of June '16

My Youtube Channel

My Soundcloud

I also love Astronomy

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

21. JustinDAggie - Philosophy: Wow! The energy in that piece was just amazing. I really like your arrangement and playing. (I’ve also had the frustration of a broken string and the weeks of tuning only to have it go instantly out of tune. I’m sure you’ll be glad when it’s broken in.)

22. lyricmudra - Minuet in G Minor from the Keyboard Suite No. 1 in B-Flat Major, HWV 434: I loved the tranquil flow of this piece, and your piano sounded gorgeous.

23. 8 Octaves - Sonata in G Major, 2nd Mvmt: Romance: I completely agree... sometimes the slowest, “simplest” pieces are the hardest to play well, because so much depends on dynamics and emotional expression. I thought you did a very nice job on this piece, and I would never be so brave as to attempt a piece without pedal.

24. Greener/Jeff - Ab Waltz: This piece does indeed sound fun to play–and I could tell from the energy in your rendition that you enjoyed playing it.

25. sinophilia - Invention no. 1 in C major: I personally am very intimidated by the Bach inventions–the nonstop notes, the multiple voices, the numerous ornamentations. You did a great job on a challenging piece!

26. Copper - Yesterday: This is one of the prettiest melodies of all the Beatles songs. I really like your arrangement–the melody stands out clearly, but the deep chords give it the proper emotional depth.

27. Medden (Simon) - I Giorni: This is definitely a piece worth re-recording to get the proper volume levels! You did a great job of voicing the melody in that very last delicate section.

28. Sand Tiger - Somewhere Over the Rainbow: Nice job on a standard that’s great to have in your repertoire. I enjoyed listening to it. smile

29. Pollux - Piggies: This was an unexpected pleasure! I’ve never heard a solo piano arrangement of this song, but your arrangement works wonderfully–all the fun jauntiness without the chilling lyrics, though there’s a hint of it in your chord change at the end.

30. MeganR - Angelfish: I can see why you like the sound of the piece; there’s a lot of interesting and pretty chord progressions going on with the arpeggios. Very impressive for only 7 months playing time!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I didn't realise how long it would take when getting involved with this recital! Apart from the lengthy task of preparing the piece and recording it, I have listened at least 3 times to everyone's submissions, made notes all over the place and now I am trying to bring them together.
Most of the great things I wanted to say have already been said so at the risk of repeating others too much I have to say I didn't find anyone at all that shouldn't succeed in becoming an accomplished pianist. Everyone seemed to possess the musicality and passion required to make it.
Today I'm supposed to be working in the garden but I must get this finished so here goes:

01. wouter79 - Etudes Tableaux Op.33 no.3 - Very accomplished playing. Your years of study shine through! Excellent.

02. UnderConstruction - Impromptu Op 90 no 3 Great piece beautifully played. How did you get this good so quickly?

03. earlofmar - Largo in Eb Major
I love Chopin but hadn't heard this lovely piece before. I could hear a few hesitations so maybe needs a bit more practice so it flows better but well done on a good performance on what sounds like a difficult piece.

04. MarieJ - Passaggio This was well played and I'm surprised you are doing so well without a teacher. I would normally recommend a teacher for everyone but perhaps in your case you can achieve your goals without one. Well done.

[b]05. PikaPianist - Prelude in B major, Op.11 No.11[/b] Very beautiful. You've inspired me to learn this myself. Thankyou.

06. johan d - Menuet in G minor, BWV Anh.115 You're going well for 22 months. You've really captured the essence of Bach. BTW I will pm you with some repertoire when I get time.

07. CarlosCC - La nascita delle cose segrete How is it Einaudi fans often seem to be self-taught? you played this very confidently and with feeling so maybe you're another one that doesn't need a teacher. At the risk of being booted off the forum Einaudi is not my favorite composer (I think it was because I had to listen to him whilst having acupuncture) but maybe one day I will convert!

08. AZ_Astro - Just one word came to mind for this...sweet!

09. Pavel.K - Prelude in B Minor, Op. 28 No. 6 - Lento assai Well played but it sounded like the tempo may need some attention. I think yours was a little fast in places. In my mind this need to be very slow and steady throughout. Others may disagree.

10. Peyton - Gnossienne #3 Another great Satie piece. I haven't tried this one yet but I know they are deceptively difficult to play well. You made it sound easy. I'm impressed!

11. Sam S - Prelude I from WTC Great to hear this played on the harpsichord. It sounded so much more 'authentic' Although the piano version was good, it seemed to lose the Bachness (I've just invented a new word). Good on you fellow old guy!

12. Riddler (Ed) - Had me tapping my feet and wishing I was in a piano bar with a drink in my hand and a pretty girl beside me. (Don't tell my wife) Nice!

13. Monica K. - Home As I said I'm not really an Einaudi fan (Ouch! don't hit me) but this was beautifully played.

14. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Bluette Absolutely loved it. I've hardly tried any jazz/blues but I should try to make time to learn some. What grade do you think this would be cos I would love to learn it?

Time for brekky...hope to get back to the rest shortly.

Hope I didn't offend... The only piece you did not comment on was #15 (Mine) wink

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Thanks so much to Peterws, ajames, SwissMS, piano_primo_1, Sam S, Riddler, MarieJ, UnderConstruction, TX-BlueBonnet, and never2old for all of your kind comments about my submission. (I hope that I didn't miss anyone....)

It's always great to get some feedback and words of encouragement! smile

Bert
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
It's so difficult to comment upon each submittal, but here are my comments on a few:

Peterws - Impromptu Op 90 no 3: Wow! Only 11 months of bench time after 24 years off? VERY impressive!

MarieJ - Passaggio: Very nice. This piece invokes a true feeling of peacefulness. Well done.

AZ_Astro - Just A Day Away: Simple Melody, nicely played!

Sam S - Prelude I from WTC I Love that harpsichord! (Thanks for including the photo.) Very well done.

Riddler (Ed) - Come Sunday: Great Backstory. I can only hope to one day be able to play like you. I enjoyed this.

peterws - Platform Level - Wat Out!: I really enjoyed this. I wish I could just play from "the top 'o my head" as you do here. It sounds like you were having fun.

barbaram - Dream a Little Dream: Wonderful rendition of a favorite of mice from Mama Cass. Made me smile. Well done!

jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer: It's one of my goals to get halfway decent at playing ragtime, so I know how difficult it is. This was excellent! I enjoyed it very much.

Piano_Primo_1 - Menuet 116 and Aria 115: I enjoyed the harpsichord version of the Menuet very much. The Aria was also performed very well.

never2old - Waltz in a minor (posth): Very nicely done! And I love the sound of your piano.

SwissMS - Sonata in G Major Opus 79, 2nd Movement: Nice, controlled playing. I enjoyed this.

Smurfette - Prelude in C: A total of only 9 weeks of playing? Wow- VERY impressive! And the recording quality sounds great, too,

TX-Bluebonnet - Malaguena: It's been years since I've heard this piece! Brought back memories and made me smile. Nicely played!

ajames - At the Ballet: I haven't heard of William Gillock until now. Nicely played and excellent video.

As usual, this was a wonderful recital. I'm always impressed at the level of musical talent that exists here on PW. Well done, everybody!

Bert
S
S

41. Snapsh00t3r - Comptine d'un Autre Ete Loved the movie and love this music. When I head it and you said it wasn't too difficult I immediately found it on line and bought a copy. Unfortunately my hands are a bit small and I have some arthritis so it really hurts to play the left hand. A few measure may be ok but I'm not sure I could get through the whole thing. Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed your interptretation

Thankyou never2old! Actually I had some initial problems with hurting in the left hand too, caused by a to me unusal way to use my hand I guess, it passed after the first few days of practising. I do not have problems with size to reach or arthritis though. I inspired my daughter to try it, with small hands she has cut the upper note on the left hand and manage the left hand quite good like that. Maybe this would help for your challenge too? It looses a little depth, but as the upper note is always the same as the lowest note it still keeps the most important.

Everlasting beginner and piano lover.
N
N
Sorry Brian...must have had a 'senior moment' and missed yours. You certainly didn't offend me and anyway I'm not easily offended!
So here it is:
15. BrianDX - Song Of Kilimanjaro Very dramatic start to this piece. You have put lots of feeling into it and have made great progress to play like this after only 16 months. From my experience it gets a bit easier after the first couple of years so keep going...the better you get the more fun it becomes.

It's good you have started participating in the recitals so early in your piano learning journey. I was never brave enough to share anything until recently after more than four years! I think it is especially beneficial to record yourself and listen back to it carefully. I record everything I learn now and it is definitely helping me. All the best!

John H
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
I am stunned at how much beautiful music has been submitted. It took me two hours to get through the first twenty submissions, to re-listen, and to find ways to express my pleasure. What a wonderful place to be.

For those to whom I have not commented, the lack is within my own limited range of musical taste, and even greater limited understanding of music, and no reflection on your playing, whatsoever. My range of musical pleasure has not expanded beyond wbat tends to be called classical and baroque. I have not developed a taste for modern or jazz, perhaps time is the culprit, as, I am clearly in my infancy as a musician. I can assure you that everything I have heard so far, has demonstrated quality in abundance. In the interests of time and sincerity, I have opted to comment only on those pieces that evoked some response within me and within my limited musical universe.

04. MarieJ - Passaggio The bad news first! I'm not a convert. :-) However, I think your playing passed the most important test, it was nice and I enjoyed listening to it. It never got boring and the tempo was mostly good. My body and mind stayed tuned in all the way. Well done!

05. PikaPianist - Prelude in B major, Op.11 No.11 I am so glad you video your performances and post them for us. I have achieved mastery in several endeavors through my years, and, always, watching excellence has been a big part of my own development. I still occasionally watch the video of your previous recital submission, and I thank you for sharing them with us. You were a joy to watch and hear.

06. johan d - Menuet in G minor, BWV Anh.115 Well done! I recently stumbled onto a book of music containing many pieces from the Notebook(s)? for Anna Magdalena Bach, and I will likely jump in in the near future. It was nice to hear your performance.

07. CarlosCC – La nascita delle cose segrete Wow, Carlos. That was really nice! You really seem at home with Einaudi. Like your last recital piece, this was so easy and pleasurable to listen to. It was very nice.

08. AZ_Astro - Just a Day Away This was a nice composition and an enjoyable performance. I didn't notice the tempo waivers you referred to. You are more critical of yourself than your listeners. Take heart in the fact that listening was a pleasing experience. Well done!

11. Sam S - Prelude I from WTC I What a treat, to play an instrument you crafted yourself. A long time ago I started the building of a mandolin, but, through the distractions of youth, drifted away before the project was finished. I still sometimes think of what it would have been like to play my own instrument. I'm happy for you, and enjoyed listening.
13. Monica K. - Home That was very nice. I didn't recognize the title or composer's name at first, but, that middle section in waltz time is a melody I remember from the 60s or 70s as a pop or rock song. I'm still trying to remember any part of the lyrics, but, nothing comes to me yet. You played very well.

17. Zoot64 - Allegro First movement from Sonatina in C, Op. 36 No.1 I have no technical critique or advice, you are more advanced in your play than I am. But, you may enjoy this story. In my first month of playing I recognized that I needed more sight reading materials, so, I ventured off to one of the local music stores. As I was perusing the sheet music section, I heard a wonderful sound coming from the back of the store/studio. I soon realized it was a student, and the music was wonderful. In a short time, the music stopped, but then resumed shortly thereafter, but, this time, even more wonderfully than before. I could then tell that the first play was a student, but the second was the teacher. I loved what I was hearing. The clerk behind the counter did not know what the piece was. So, I came back the following two Thursdays, pretending to shop for more sheet music, but, in reality, listening to the music and hoping to see the teacher so I could learn the name of the piece. After two weeks, I found out it was this lovely piece by Clementi. I cannot get enough of it. Thanks for playing, and I hope you will play the entire sonatina for us one day.

19. peterws (peter) - Platform Level - Wat Out! I couldn't hear any of the piano disobedience you were suffering. To the contrary, it seems the piano yielded to you completely. Well done.

22. lyricmudra - Minuet in G Minor from the Keyboard Suite No. 1 in B-Flat Major, HWV 434 I enjoyed your performance very much. It is a lovely composition and arrangement, and you clearly did it justice. It was nice.

I am just out of time for today. I can't wait to return and listen to the rest.

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
Second group of comments - and another round of virtual applause!

17. Zoot64 - Allegro First movement from Sonatina in C, Op. 36 No.1 This was very nice – you show a lot of musicality and attention to detail! Some details that really shone (shined?) through: LH melody came through well in the first four measures of the second section; F and p dynamics were clear. Since you don’t have a teacher and asked for suggestions, here are a few ideas. In many recordings the four beats of measure 1 sound like a single phrase. But the slur covers only the first three beats. The dotted third beat really means to make it a little softer and lift up from the key, since it’s the end of the phrase. So the dotted fourth beat should sound like a separate brush staccato, not a continuation of the phrase – almost like an answer to the question asked in the initial phrase. Since this structure comes up a lot through the piece, this one change will make the piece even more musical. Second idea, in the 5th-6th measures of the second part, the RH broken octaves try playing these more legato. Practice by holding the first note until you have start to play the second note, etc. Maybe overlap sounds for a while to practice it. Ok, off soapbox, and others may have different ideas. In any case, I’m looking forward to hearing more next recital.

18. dynamobt/Marilyn - Arabesque
This is beautiful; I listened a few times. I especially enjoyed your use of rubato and “breathing” to lead the listener into the next phrase. Yes, with a little softening in spots, this will be an even more elegant holiday performance! Congrats on your recovery from the shoulder replacement.

22. lyricmudra - Minuet in G Minor from the Keyboard Suite No. 1 in B-Flat Major, HWV 434
A beautiful arrangement, exquisitely performed! The “connectedness” and lyricism you wrote about is so apparent in your playing. I always look forward to hearing you and am inspired by your calm hands and wrists.

23. 8 Octaves - Sonata in G Major, 2nd Mvmt: Romance
I was not familiar with Rosetti; what a lovely piece! Given his era, it makes sense to play this without pedal; it also creates a legato challenge which your phrasing addressed well. Very enjoyable!

24. Greener/Jeff - Ab Waltz
It’s nice to have pieces like this that you keep up or return to. Your feeling for this piece comes through nicely. Just a little tech feedback, for when you revisit this: breathe a bit more and stretch out the phrases with lots of little notes – they don’t have to be strictly in time and will give the piece even more elegance. Same at the end of the phrases marked by slurs – a little liftoff before moving on to the next idea.

25. sinophilia - Invention no. 1 in C major
Congratulations! Anyone’s first go at the Bach Inventions is a trial, and No. 1 is the most convoluted. You have a good sense of the non-legato touch, very even playing, and end with that nice flourish of an arpeggio. I hope you try another Invention. Three months is not long for one of these, in my experience. If you let it rest and come back, it will seem easier.

32. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Nocturne in Eb Major Op. 9 No. 2
One of my favorites. I enjoyed watching your video - a really enjoyable, exciting, and fluid performance, with the emotion shining through!

34. Ganddalf - Barcarolle no.1 - Op 26
Your persistence with this piece really paid off – so beautiful! This flows very naturally in your hands. It was easy to imagine the shifting scenery of each part. Lovely (but I’m still not foraying into Faure.)

35. jotur-Cathy Turner - The Entertainer
It’s not classical (my usual beat), but it IS classical – and classic – ragtime. I can see/hear why you are chosen to play for dancing. I don’t think faster would be better; your playing shows off a lot of detail and melody that deserves to be heard clearly as in this recording.

37. stumbler/Dave - Mr. John Begg's Favourite
My nursing home co-pianist plays a reels (and ragtime), so I was curious about this piece. Thank you so much for providing the link to a whole host of tunes – and sharing very effective way of harmonizing and turning them into performance pieces for piano. Very delightful!

More another time...

E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
More thank you notes:

PianogrlNW, piano_primo-1, Peyton, ajames, SwisMS, barbaram, UnderConstruction, MarieJ, Sam_S, Jotur/Cathy, TX_Bluebonnet, never2old. I really appreciate your virtual applause and encouraging comments. It’s gratifying to hear some of you are inspired to explore the Mazurkas.

Barbaram: Yes, I can’t believe how much progress a good teacher brings. Stay with it and you will get closer to your goal (but we never reach it because the goal keeps expanding…)

never2old: Re this Mazurka (Op 24, No 2) – easy to learn the notes, really challenging to get the precise touch for each type of sound. Since you’ve worked on 67-2, I suggest trying 68-3 next if you can easily reach an octave in the LH. Play it slower than you think it should go, and leave out the grace-notes-in-thirds until everything else is ready. It always sounds very impressive because of the dynamic contrasts. (Sorry if too much detail; I am overflowing with Mazurka ideas.)

Working on: Schumann, Faschingsschwank aus Wien Op. 26; Mozart Piano Sonata No. 10 in C major, K. 330; Grieg, 25 Norwegian Folk Songs and Dances, 0p. 17 (selections)
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission