2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 13 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
So, just to be fair, the only reason you are focusing on Faust Harrison Pianos is to warn consumers? Out of the goodness of your heart?

That is really funny. Point scored. Touché.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Steve Cohen
Originally Posted by Plowboy
I dunno, but Mike's posts seem pretty reasonable to me. I see where he is coming from.

If you want an equivalent from the other side, you can go over to Ori's website and postings here. They are laughable.

Ori and I have "bumped heads" in posts here several times over the years, often on rather unfriendly terms. So, coming to his defense isn't easy.

In re Plowboy's post, I just looked over Ori's website, http://www.allegropianos.com/, and it looks pretty clean to me. In fact, it is quite frank and open it its approach.

Plowboy, if this is just a random cheap shot (as you certainly have taken your share in the past), you should remove you post. If you acutally found his website "laughable", let us all in on the joke.

Point taken, Steve. However, I do get a genuine chuckle out of Ori's posts. Perhaps laughable was too strong a word. Chuckable maybe?

The Internets is bad place to come any sort of conclusion about a person's real character. Ori's style of writing and predictability of his Steinway bashing is entertaining, if perhaps a bit pompously bloviating. He's a very intelligent man, and an excellent writer. His jabs are subtle, which is why I enjoy them so much. But, yeah, maybe it's me. I can be as much of jerk as anyone else.

Many posters here have met him in person and attest to his integrity as a salesman. That's what really counts, isn't it?

Gary
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ori

I would say that some of the recent examples below not only demonstrate this bias...but may also bring a smile to the face of anyone with basic knowledge of the piano industry.

Ori, just happy to return the favor.

Gary
T
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
T
Gosh this thread has spun out of control! Let me put in my $0.02, as a consumer and not a dealer:

I was amused by the wording on this dealer's page. I think it is counter productive, and not likely to get someone who is thinking about a top-tier European import into their store. It certainly didn't get me into their store.

Why not say, even with a bit of puffery:

"If you're considering Fazioli, Bösendorfer, Blüthner, Grotrian, or Bechstein and haven't played a new Steinway B or D, make an appointment with us and spend as much time as you want with the latest Steinway grands. After playing one, you'll understand why you see Steinway on most concert hall stages, and you may end up saving some money over those high-priced imports. Plus you'll have the pride of knowing your piano was manufactured in New York City, and supported by an established chain of nationwide dealers and technicians."

etc. That might get someone into the store.

It seems to me the current wording only reinforces people's current beliefs, and doesn't serve to change minds. (But maybe it works! Who knows?)

Robert Swirsky
Thrill Science, Inc.
S
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Piano*Dad
So, just to be fair, the only reason you are focusing on Faust Harrison Pianos is to warn consumers? Out of the goodness of your heart?

That is really funny. Point scored. Touché.

Hmmm, I thought the point was to annoy his father in law.

Steve Chandler
composer/amateur pianist

stevechandler-music.com
http://www.soundcloud.com/pantonality
http://www.youtube.com/pantonality
S
S
Originally Posted by Thrill Science
Gosh this thread has spun out of control! Let me put in my $0.02, as a consumer and not a dealer:

I was amused by the wording on this dealer's page. I think it is counter productive, and not likely to get someone who is thinking about a top-tier European import into their store. It certainly didn't get me into their store.

Why not say, even with a bit of puffery:

"If you're considering Fazioli, Bösendorfer, Blüthner, Grotrian, or Bechstein and haven't played a new Steinway B or D, make an appointment with us and spend as much time as you want with the latest Steinway grands. After playing one, you'll understand why you see Steinway on most concert hall stages, and you may end up saving some money over those high-priced imports. Plus you'll have the pride of knowing your piano was manufactured in New York City, and supported by an established chain of nationwide dealers and technicians."

etc. That might get someone into the store.

It seems to me the current wording only reinforces people's current beliefs, and doesn't serve to change minds. (But maybe it works! Who knows?)

Well said.

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

Oh Steve, yet another bump? grin

S
S
Strong topics need no bumps!!!

Piano Industry Consultant

Co-author (with Larry Fine) of Practical Piano Valuation
www.jasonsmc@msn.com

Contributing Editor & Consultant - Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyer

Retired owned of Jasons Music Center
Maryland/DC/No. VA
Family Owned and Operated Since 1937.

Ori Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mike Carr
Originally Posted by Ori
Mike,

If you were actually on the side of the consumer... you should be welcoming any disclaimer reducing confusion.

The issue regarding the specific piano you mentioned is not necessarily the fact that the piano represented as 'new' was made in 2005 (or about 6 and a half years ago), nor that there had been significant differences between this piano and current production pianos...and not even the fact that the instrument (in contradiction to what was specifically represented for while on that dealer's website) had no manufacturers warranty according to the manufacturers policy (that such piano's warranty is offered only when sold through an authorized dealer).

It is an issue of consumer's confusion and we felt that due to various reasons there was confusion regarding the matter that merited a disclaimer.

By the way, this disclaimer went up during the summer and it does not mention any dealer's name in spite of your claims).

Ori,

You really think that the best way to deal with consumer confusion over another dealer advertising a specific 2005 Estonia piano as “new” is to post a "disclaimer" on your website, but then keep the dealer’s name and location secret? And the alleged mystery dealer, the dealer you’re not naming in an effort to help consumers with their confusion, is not Faust Harrison Pianos?

Let me quote from just one of the references to Faust Harrison on your home page:

"For a period of time Allegro Pianos sublicensed another NY piano dealer, Faust Harrison Pianos, to carry some piano brands including Bosendorfer and Bluthner. This arrangement ended a couple of years ago and although this dealer's website suggests that it specializes in 'Bosendorfer, Bluthner and Estonia pianos,' Faust Harrison Pianos is not an authorized dealer for any of these brands."

And targeting a fellow dealer on your homepage is now, what, classy? Or as Steve Cohen opined while scolding another poster, “it looks pretty clean to me. In fact, it is quite frank and open it its approach.”

As I said earlier, I’ll let others decide for themselves whether any of this is ethical and responsible, laughable, or just plain sad.

Mike

Mike,

There are numerous aspects of my relationship with this dealer that you are not aware of and that I'm not at liberty to disclose.

I think its actually very sad that I had to post such information....but at times one has to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Confusion can hurt both consumer and dealer...and so I feel that in this case the interests are aligned.

Ori Bukai - Owner/Founder of Allegro Pianos - CT / NYC area.

One can usually play at our showroom:

Bluthner, Steingraeber, Estonia, Haessler, Sauter, Kawai, Steinway, Bosendorfer and more.

www.allegropianos.com
"If you're considering Fazioli, Bösendorfer, Blüthner, Grotrian, or Bechstein and haven't played a new Steinway B or D, make an appointment with us and spend as much time as you want with the latest Steinway grands. After playing one, you'll understand why you see Steinway on most concert hall stages, "

I only wish this were true.

To reach any type of *understanding* here one should expect in reverse that the equivalent models by Fazioli, Boesendorfer, Blüthner,Grotrian or C.Bechstein are always being equally tried out as well.

This not being the case, one needs to wonder what exactly this "understanding" is supposed to be based upon.

Norbert

Last edited by Norbert; 11/29/11 10:05 PM.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ori
I think its actually very sad that I had to post such information....but at times one has to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Genius, I tell ya, genius! 3hearts

Gary
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
One thing is for sure.. Ori has pretty much stated that he cannot discuss it. I think that by dwelling on this we could do no good, and possibly do harm.

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Mike,

There are numerous aspects of my relationship with this dealer that you are not aware of and that I'm not at liberty to disclose.

Confusion can hurt both consumer and dealer...and so I feel that in this case the interests are aligned.

Ori,

You’re right. I don’t know exactly what’s going on between the two of you, the details, not really, and shouldn't have commented. But I do know that the details aren’t important, not if everything else is slipping out the door, things you never seem to get back.

After a while what was said, what was done, where’d the dang money go, vanity and various other ignorance from all parties involved just gets in the way of doing that one right thing, not the lesser of two evils, that’s always too easy, but that first step. And that first step is a bitch. I’ll guarantee you that.

Mike

Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
After a while what was said, what was done, where’d the dang money go, vanity and various other ignorance from all parties involved just gets in the way of doing that one right thing, not the lesser of two evils, that’s always too easy, but that first step. And that first step is a bitch. I’ll guarantee you that.

Mike,

Holy Moly. Mike, you have become such an enigma to me. Frankly, some of your posts have made me think you have a deep and personal relationship with "Jim Beam" (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

Then you go and state such simple profound wisdom. You are really tying my head into a pretzel.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini

Mike,

Holy Moly. Mike, you have become such an enigma to me. Frankly, some of your posts have made me think you have a deep and personal relationship with "Jim Beam" (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

Then you go and state such simple profound wisdom. You are really tying my head into a pretzel.

Wow - my thoughts exactly, Rich.

Amateur Pianist and raconteur.
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
I think Mike should be working on a book of short stories or humorous (yet barbed), philosophical essays. After all, today is Mark Twain's birthday, and H.H. Munro and Dorothy Parker are gone, too. We're in the position of a turkey farm: the week after Thanksgiving there are noticeable gaps in the roost.

Clef

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
How are the older Bosendorfer 225s? I understand they had a different system for their dampers at one stage. When did they change?

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by PhilipInChina
How are the older Bosendorfer 225s? I understand they had a different system for their dampers at one stage. When did they change?

... and how old is this thread?

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M

[Linked Image]
THREAD NECROMANCY

2012 NY Steinway Model B | Kawai MP11 | Nord Stage 3 Compact | Moog Matriarch | ASM Hydrasynth 49 | Sequential Circuits Prophet 10 Rev4 | Yamaha ModX 61
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I was looking for some information on Bosendorfer 225s. This thread came up when I used thje search facility. It seemed scarcely worth starting a new thread so I posted on this one.

Have I broken some site rule? If so, I stand rebuked.

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission