2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, 12 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 103 of 119 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 118 119
Thanks very much !!

ETA Looks like I NEED Islands at the very least.

Last edited by Smurfette; 11/13/15 07:34 AM.

♥♪ ♥ ♫ I really shouldn't borrow tomorrow's troubles, but I like to plan ahead. ♥♪ ♥ ♫

[Linked Image]XL

Kawai CA 97

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by CarlosCC

The is my progress with Night while I'm still waiting for the "Elements" book.
I think I've the right chords now.

link: CarlosCC "Night" study #2

That's really sounding good, Carlos! thumb

Smurfette, "Islands" is a good start for Einaudi sheet music. You run the risk, however, of going back and buying "Best of" and then all the individual books. But there's no such thing as too much Einaudi, right? laugh

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Monica K.

The is my progress with Night while I'm still waiting for the "Elements" book.
I think I've the right chords now.

link: CarlosCC "Night" study #2

That's really sounding good, Carlos! thumb

Smurfette, "Islands" is a good start for Einaudi sheet music. You run the risk, however, of going back and buying "Best of" and then all the individual books. But there's no such thing as too much Einaudi, right? laugh

Thank you Monica! thumb
Now, I've to check in my new book if I was playing "Night" too wrong... smile

Smurfette, I'm with Monica: with "Islands" and "Best of" you will have a good collection of pieces to play.

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Self-taught since Dec2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."
'tis my birthday this month so will ask for Islands.

I do like collections, so will most likely end up with the full set at some point lol.

Now I just need a ton of practice.

♥♪ ♥ ♫ I really shouldn't borrow tomorrow's troubles, but I like to plan ahead. ♥♪ ♥ ♫

[Linked Image]XL

Kawai CA 97
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Doing some backups, and I discovered this video smile

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
Beautiful !

You are so talented to be able to play in public, and make it appear so effortless, Carlos.

[Linked Image]XL

Kawai CA 97
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Very nice Carlos. thumb

Selftaught since June 2014.
Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
Kawai CA78, Casio AP450 & software pianos.
[Linked Image] 12x ABF recitals.
My struggles: https://soundcloud.com/alexander-borro
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
This made me giggle. Einaudi having a practice session with his group, yes, he was really sitting like this and playing ( taken from youtube).

Perfect posture a teacher would say no ? laugh

[Linked Image]

Looks even more laid back than Valentina Lisitsa !

For beginners, don't follow that example. Now I have myself covered grin

Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
That was really nice, Carlos. You inspire me to think musicianship might be in my own future!

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by raubucho
That was really nice, Carlos. You inspire me to think musicianship might be in my own future!

Thank you raubuch.
Looking forward to listen more from you.
thumb

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
M
M
Hi all! It's been a while since I posted here - I'm a bit more active on the Einaudi Facebook group (sorry!) - but since the release of Elements I thought it would be a great opportunity to stop by!

Who here is also learning some of the new pieces? What are your favourites? smile

One thing I've found on this album, more than his previous works, is that there are large hand spans required to play a lot of the chords. I've had to omit some notes in places because of it!

Nevertheless, I've learnt a few of the pieces (Night, Song For Gavin, Drop Variation, ABC, Numbers) which are on my Facebook page / YouTube channel, and I'm currently finishing Four Dimensions (one of the most requested pieces I've had!). If you have a spare few minutes, I'd love for you to check them out. smile

Also, if anyone would like to help me finish off notating the sheet music for Drop Variation using MuseScore then please let me know!

https://youtube.com/markaylwardmusic
https://facebook.com/markaylwardmusic

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Nice to see you here again, Mark. thumb
I've been working on "Night" and I'm still in the "experiment" phase now. I find it suitable to do some changes on the arrangement just because they sound better than the original score. My work is based on what I heard on some live performances so this is a long process but that's what I like to do. My life duties don't allow me to play so often, but I'm enjoying the process smile

I've to congratulate you by your work and dedication. I'm one of yours subscribers on YT and it's always a pleasure to listen your versions. Thanks!

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube
J
J
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum and quite recently purchased a piano with the ambition to actually try to learn how to play it.
I also recently started to listen to various piano based music and i really like Ludovico Einaudi pieces, i like the mood in them very much.

So i'm trying to play some of his music and i have a question for you.

Some of the arpeggios have pretty big jumps (bigger span than my fingers can reach).
For example in "Monday" which i've fallen in love with, some of the arpeggios goes:
(LH) D - A - F# - A - F# ... E - B - G# - B - G# ...
How do you play that in the best way? The tempo is quite slow so there is time to move the hand, i'm just curious on what the best fingering would be?

Roland LX-7 PE
M
M
Nice to see you here again, Mark. thumb
I've been working on "Night" and I'm still in the "experiment" phase now. I find it suitable to do some changes on the arrangement just because they sound better than the original score. My work is based on what I heard on some live performances so this is a long process but that's what I like to do. My life duties don't allow me to play so often, but I'm enjoying the process smile

I've to congratulate you by your work and dedication. I'm one of yours subscribers on YT and it's always a pleasure to listen your versions. Thanks!

Thanks Carlos! I am also in contact with you on YT and Facebook so I very much look forward to hearing your interpretation of Night! smile

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Hi Mark/Johan welcome to liking Einaudi, join the club. smile

Not heard the album as yet, still working my way through Einaudi albums to get up to date, though did hear this last night, Solo piano versions from the album. Great stuff. thumb

JohanI

Monday, those sort of patterns are very common in einaudi pieces. Don't span arpeggios in the one hand position, even with bigger hand you could do yourself some harm and lead to tension and hurt yourself.

Some use combi of a bit of subtle wrist navigation ( I think it is called ) and move the hand over and use appropriate fingerings to be as ergonomic as possible, but better ask an expert you'll get a better answer. smile

Example, This lady plays a lot of beautiful Einaudi too, you can clearly see her hands there. It will come with praccy over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6TqIunEwp8

Last edited by Alexander Borro; 01/13/16 01:58 PM.

J
J
Hi Alexander!

Thank you verk much for the suggestions, i have quite good reach but it certainly don't feel comfortable trying to stay in the same position smile
The video was just what i needed, i'll hopefully be able to pick up some techniques from that as well.

I realize this is way above level but it's so beautiful and i just can't let go of the idea. Sometimes when i manage to hit the right keys at the right time it sounds enjoyable...

Roland LX-7 PE

Alexander, thanks so much for the link to the Carpark sessions. I've listened to it several times already. Love the solo piano version of "Night." thumb

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MarieJ
While we're on the topic of recent Einaudi projects, has anyone heard anything further about his film 'Between Space and Silence'? I've been watching out for it as patiently as possible but no news so far - on this side of the world at least.

UPDATE! With still no sign of the documentary I contacted the production company (Magenta Films) last night to ask whether it had been released, and if so, where I could rent or buy a copy. Here's the reply I received this morning:

'Many thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in the film.

The documentary is still being finalised and we are looking at releasing it as soon as possible. We had to re-shuffle a few things to better serve the story.

We will be making an announcement soon regarding the film’s status.

Once again, many thanks for your interest.'

So Monica, Carlos, everyone - we have to be patient for just a while longer ... smile

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
While we're on the topic of recent Einaudi projects, has anyone heard anything further about his film 'Between Space and Silence'? I've been watching out for it as patiently as possible but no news so far - on this side of the world at least.

UPDATE! With still no sign of the documentary I contacted the production company (Magenta Films) last night to ask whether it had been released, and if so, where I could rent or buy a copy. Here's the reply I received this morning:

'Many thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in the film.

The documentary is still being finalised and we are looking at releasing it as soon as possible. We had to re-shuffle a few things to better serve the story.

We will be making an announcement soon regarding the film’s status.

Once again, many thanks for your interest.'

So Monica, Carlos, everyone - we have to be patient for just a while longer ... smile

Thanks so much MarieJ thumb
Clever move contacting the production team, btw laugh

As for me. My "Night" is progressing slow, but it's getting "consistent". There is so many space to try different approaches to each session, that I lost endless hours enjoying each one. The problem is to decide which one fits better to keep the spirit of the piece.
I wanted to present it to the next ABF recital, but it's clear now that it's impossible to have it ready in two weeks...

[Linked Image]
SoundCloud | Youtube

Thanks, Marie!! Being patient is hard. laugh

"Night" is tough, Carlos. I've given up trying to play it as arranged in the sheet music collection. After listening to the Carpark Sessions over and over again, I'd *love* to be able to play the arrangement he does there... it sounds so delicate and, dare I say, simple... but Einaudi's "simplicity" has fooled me badly on many previous occasions.

My big news is that hubby has discovered that the International Association of Professional Numismatists annual meeting is being held in Amsterdam this year, the same week that Einaudi is playing there!! The concerts in the region are all sold out, of course, but there are tickets available on the secondary market at ridiculously inflated prices. While I am nervous about buying scalped tickets, I think it's worth it to see the Elements tour. So that's going to be our vacation this year. Concertgebouw, here we come! yippie

Page 103 of 119 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 118 119

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission