2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (bcalvanese, BillS728, APianistHasNoName, anotherscott, AlkansBookcase, Carey, danno858, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I would think that this often happens. While on vacation, I've stopped at piano stores and played their pianos, I don't ever recall been asked if I'm buying today (like rude car salespeople do), realising that piano buyers rarely do buy on the spot.

You might test pianos in London, while someone from London is testing pianos in New York.

It's not like you're taking their car for a test-drive which costs them fuel and involves a degree of risk.

Alan from Queensland, Australia (and Clara - my Grotrian Concert & Allen Organ (CF-17a)).
B
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by backto_study_piano
While on vacation, I've stopped at piano stores and played their pianos, I don't ever recall been asked if I'm buying today (like rude car salespeople do), realising that piano buyers rarely do buy on the spot.

I "tested" the Bösendorfer Imperial - for the first time - for well over an hour when I was in their Vienna showroom many years ago. The dude there even extended his closing time for me thumb.

As long as you can play something nice (and entice the punters to admire the lovely sounds you get from the piano wink ) and you're not taking the opportunity to practice something like the big Rach 3 cadenza or Stravinsky's Petrushka (which might put the piano out of tune.....), they're usually happy for you to demonstrate their pianos to other customers for free........

If music be the food of love, play on!
E
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
E
Don't be shy about asking to play pianos in a dealers showroom. Do be accommodating of salesmen and technicians needs to help clients and prepare pianos by changing your plans if the store is busy. Saturday or Sunday are probably bad days to visit. If you can go early in the day during the week you are more likely to find free store time.

If you run into a pushy/arrogant/rude salesperson who won't let you try pianos without being a serious buyer today-say to them "I need to learn more about your pianos and others and this will take some playing time not talking time".

In a seemingly infinite universe-infinite human creativity is-seemingly possible.
According to NASA, 93% of the earth like planets possible in the known universe have yet to be formed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission