2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
61 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, 11 invisible), 2,007 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Q
OP Offline
Q
A while back, I made a video of myself playing Rachmaninoff's Etude Tableau in g minor. It was a goal of mine to record it and post it to YouTube (something I never thought I would do!). My teacher posted my video on his blog (with my permission, of course) and wrote up an analysis of the piece.

I have never posted myself playing even a single note on Piano World, so this is a big step for me. But I admit I'm pleased with myself for getting to a place where such a step is not so terrifying. Yes, there are things I wish were better about my performance, but for where I am in my piano studies I'm pretty happy with it.

http://www.seattlepianoteacher.com/rachmaninoff-etude-tableau-in-g-minor/

Hope you enjoy the blog post and video!

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! You have every right to be pleased with yourself, Thank you so much for sharing.

Started Alfred's All in One Dec. 21, 2015
J
J
Really enjoyed it! Thanks for posting.

Adult Beginner Since 2012
Steinway L, Casio Privia

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxmK-PCS4k9WTLV1oRSJ7g
I
I
WOW is right! That was stunning, and you have every reason to be proud. How long have you been playing, if you don't mind?

Yamaha U1
Yamaha CLP 545
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Beautiful piece :-)

Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by INBoston
WOW is right! That was stunning, and you have every reason to be proud. How long have you been playing, if you don't mind?

Thank you for the nice feedback! I got my first piano 6 years ago, and have been taking lessons for over 4 years. I didn't start as a total beginner since I had previous musical experience (around a year or so of organ as a child, and then clarinet for grades 6 to 12). I give a lot of credit to my teacher who, since day one of lessons, has really encouraged me to try pieces I thought were way beyond me.

I appreciate everyone's nice comments. I really loved working on this beautiful piece, and now am a little obsessed with Rachmaninoff! My current piece is the Opus 32 g # minor prelude which--so I'm told--is not as hard as it looks. We'll see....

S
sor Offline
S
that was beautiful and I enjoyed it very much, thank you for sharing, hopefully we will see more from you in the future.

I
I
Only 4 years? That means I have hope if I practice smile

Right now it just seems an unattainable goal seeing that I cannot seem to get through the Chopin A minor waltz without stopping, missing notes, and generally screwing up something somewhere. Granted, I have only been working on it for a couple of weeks, but I am an instant gratification type person. I best change my attitude grin

Yamaha U1
Yamaha CLP 545
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by INBoston
Only 4 years? That means I have hope if I practice smile

Right now it just seems an unattainable goal seeing that I cannot seem to get through the Chopin A minor waltz without stopping, missing notes, and generally screwing up something somewhere. Granted, I have only been working on it for a couple of weeks, but I am an instant gratification type person. I best change my attitude grin

And that Chopin waltz in A minor was one of the first pieces I worked on. Don't kid yourself; that's not an easy piece! I remember having a heck of a time with it.

I'm sure you're doing just fine. It's taken me until really just the past year or so to feel like I had any confidence at all in my playing. When I started with my current teacher four years ago, I told him no-way, no-how, not-ever would I play in front of other people. Eventually, that changed. smile

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
very nice work quodlibet

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
E
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
E
Very impressive, beautiful, and well-thought-out performance! (and nice loose wrists...) You have achieved a lot in a relatively short time. Please share more, maybe in the ABF recitals.

Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Very nice, indeed. Thank you for posting it.

[Linked Image]
Yamaha C3X
In summer, the song sings itself. --William Carlos Williams

Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by ElaineAllegro
Very impressive, beautiful, and well-thought-out performance! (and nice loose wrists...) You have achieved a lot in a relatively short time. Please share more, maybe in the ABF recitals.

Thank you, Elaine. Staying loose was one of the big things I've been working on generally. I will definitely consider an ABF recital, now that I've shared my playing in this forum and nothing terrible happened (quite the opposite!). grin

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission