2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 8 invisible), 1,386 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
OP Offline
C
Oh, me, too, Tonedeef. I wouldn't want it any other way, except for maybe more cats.

Cats and books are my life. They go paw in paw. And piano makes for a perfect threesome.

The one curious thing about my cats and the piano is not one of them has discovered the top section, just the bench and the keys. There's this amazing kitty runway and sleep station just waiting for them up there, and nada.

Very, very strange.

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member
She likes both piano and guitar. Most of all, she likes to be the center of attention!

[Linked Image]

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Ah the grand life of a cat...

[Linked Image]

What do snowflakes and Chickerings have in common? There are no two exactly alike!
C
OP Offline
C
Now that's one adorably happy cat. What a sweetie all tucked in there like that.

Someone shared photos of a grand piano being dismantled. He saved what he could. The curved back of the grand would have been perfect for a deluxe cat bed.

The idea would be to upright the U shape, cut down the sides to about two feet high, use some of the other wood pieces to sculpt into legs, line the base with layers of colorful wool felt, et voila!

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by MooseNotes

Someone shared photos of a grand piano being dismantled. He saved what he could. The curved back of the grand would have been perfect for a deluxe cat bed.

The idea would be to upright the U shape, cut down the sides to about two feet high, use some of the other wood pieces to sculpt into legs, line the base with layers of colorful wool felt, et voila!

I too love to recyckle things...especially to make things for the cats smile

I made a cat entertainment center from an old dismountable loft bed. They love it. The only problem is that when I will finally purchase the grand I am looking for, there will be no room for the thing in my living room...I'll probably need to size it down and move it into another room...

C
OP Offline
C
Or just get an upright. :o)

Or better yet, convert the cat lounge into installation art and mount it on the wall with steps or a jute-wrapped pole they can climb to access it.

I'd love to convert the exposed beam in the sun room into an aerial cat sleep station. They'd probably end up living up there, which may not be such a bad thing now that I have a piano in the house.

C
OP Offline
C
Tonedeef, I just now noticed your cat photo. Such soulful eyes.

O
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
O
Or just get an upright. :o)

I already have one... No, I definitely need the grand. But I will negotiate with the cats smile

Or better yet, convert the cat lounge into installation art and mount it on the wall with steps or a jute-wrapped pole they can climb to access it.

I'd love to convert the exposed beam in the sun room into an aerial cat sleep station. They'd probably end up living up there, which may not be such a bad thing now that I have a piano in the house.

In my summer cottage I have beams on the ceiling and I've done all kinds of things with them. The cats love it. In my flat I've just added climbing poles on every suitable place smile

BTW. I much prefer carpet to jute wrapping. It's cheaper and very easy to work with and update when it gets destroyed.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Mitzi: Cat piano owner

[Linked Image]

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Brian,
your cat is so cute. I have a cat that looks just like your cat. However he is my cat that either ignores the piano or sometimes meows like he is in pain when I play.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
C
OP Offline
C
Your cat nicely accessorizes your piano room, and her eyes compliment the wall color. Good choice in selecting this specimen for your home.

:o))

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Your cat nicely accessorizes your piano room, and her eyes compliment the wall color. Good choice in selecting this specimen for your home.

:o))

Thanks! However I think she chose us. In a large room with 40 shelter cats up for adoption, she was the one who came up to us. smile

Yamaha C2X | Yamaha M500-F
Groucho Marx: "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Curriculum: Faber Developing Artist (Book 3)
Current: German Dance in D Major (Haydn) (OF); Melody (Schumann) (OF)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by sinophilia
She likes both piano and guitar. Most of all, she likes to be the center of attention!

[Linked Image]

I like this picture. It reminds me of my own dear departed Myrtle.. This pic captures that certain look of a cat perched calmly "up above" and keeping an eye on the goings-on "down below."

C
OP Offline
C
I had to move this print when the piano came home.

This is Ezra, the one who is fond of draping himself over my arms when I play the Gavotta.

I'm still trying to capture him on video when I'm at the piano. But as you can see, he's a bit camera shy.

[Linked Image]

W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by dogperson

FWIW: He will only applaud music played on my acoustic and shuns anything on the digital.

LOL so it's not just me smile

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
This is Ezra, the one who is fond of draping himself over my arms when I play the Gavotta.

If Ezra is a calico as portrayed, he is one special kitty!

(Y'all google "male calico cats" if you missed the joke.)

My phone video function makes a little ding sound when I turn it on, which apparently alerts my cats to immediately stop whatever fascinating thing they are doing. I get a lot of video clips of cats lounging on the floor, casually walking around, scratching fleas, licking their paws, contemplating. I should put together a "just missed it" montage.

Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
I had to move this print when the piano came home.

I'm still trying to capture him on video when I'm at the piano. But as you can see, he's a bit camera shy.

[Linked Image]
At first I missed the tail curling out from behind the print. Great photo!

My late cat (a calico whose nickname was "Stubbie") hated, just hated it when I played. She would come and stand beside the piano bench and just give me heck. I would try to re-settle her in her favorite chair in another room (and she would fake being "re-settled"), but she'd usually beat me back to the piano when I tip-toed away. shocked

[Linked Image]
Yamaha C3X
In summer, the song sings itself. --William Carlos Williams

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Ok then I'm the one who missed the joke!! Well Ezra is very handsome from what I can see.

C
OP Offline
C
A lot can be said about someone just by looking at their tail.

:o)))))

And Stubbie is such a cute name for a cat.

The cats:

Ezra (aka Ezzie)
Apple
Turtle
Kuma
Juna
Misty

The others (some call them dogs):

Meesha
Linden
Merwyn
Linus (code name: Snoopy)

C
OP Offline
C
Cat update #243,489:

As I write these very words, Ezra is shoving my music sheets off the piano and onto the keys, then off the keys and onto the floor, where a dog is waiting. He has done this three times in a row now.

This can't be good.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission