2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, 13 invisible), 2,012 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2527821 04/04/16 11:42 PM
P
Pamper Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I have a pre-loved Kawai piano that I wanna sell it away. May I know how can I do it here? Or is it not possible here?

S
S
Originally Posted by Pamper
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I have a pre-loved Kawai piano that I wanna sell it away. May I know how can I do it here? Or is it not possible here?

On the right side of this screen is a link for classified ads for piano sales. That might be a starting point.

Adult Beginner/Early Intermediate
Knabe 1902 Grand
P
Pamper Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thank you. I saw it. But it seems chargeable. Is that the only option?

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J

Well you could try posting 'Pre-Adored Kawai (model and year) for sale, only asking (price), must unload quick as starting Theological College in the fall, call me on (Telephone No), first to see will buy' but it will probably get deleted quicker than a rat out of a drainpipe.

Sauter Alpha 160, Yamaha N3 Avant Grand, Sauter Studio Upright (1974)
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hi Pamper, and welcome to Piano World!

Jean Claude is correct in that advertising your piano for sale here on the open forums is against the rules. However, some of the dealers here try and push that envelope (advertising on the forums) as far as they can before they are rebuffed by the moderators. Some are good at subtlety and innuendo when it comes to using the forums for their own commercial purposes in spite of the stated forum rules.

Next, the rules here seem to be bent and stretched in all directions so there is no fixed standard. Some folks get by with more than others for whatever reasons.

With that said, the fee for advertising your piano here on PW is not that much; probably less than your local newspaper classified ads. However, you can post your piano for sale on your local Craigslist for free; I think that is likely the most popular means of free advertising for most used piano sellers, even the dealers. Next, you can advertise your piano on eBay as an auction or buy-it-now ad for free, unless it sells; if it sells on eBay, they'll charge you a commission of roughly 10% of the selling price.

There may well be other free options in your area to advertise your piano for sale. I've had pretty good luck with Craigslist, but you have be careful in weeding out the serious prospects from the professional scammers. It's really easy to tell the difference... the scammers refer to your piano as the "item for sale"; or they offer a goofy story about sending you a bogus certified check for more than the asking price and want you to send them back the balance in legitimate funds. Or, they are currently out of the country, etc... you get the idea.

The legitimate prospects will provide you with a real contact phone number or email address; request the phone number. Once you talk to them voice to voice, you can tell pretty much if they are legit. The scammers don't want to talk... just exchange emails. And, if you get to talk to a prospect, be careful if they have an odd accent (and that comment is not meant to be discriminatory).

Good luck selling your piano; Kawai is a great brand!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
J
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
J

The thing about advertising here on Piano World is that it's really world wide. That makes good sense for companies like Kawai that sell world wide.

But for one person selling one piano, the cost of shipping makes local advertising a better idea. If you're in a big market like Los Angeles or London, where there are hundreds of PW members, maybe it makes sense. But most places not so much....

-- J.S.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690
I know that the old-home-town local newspaper is probably somewhat of a dying business, or at least reduced to a semblance of what it used to be due to the internet, but the last time I bought an ad in the classified section of our local newspaper (several years ago) I was stunned at the cost. I advertised a used car that we no longer used much, and the ad was like $85 to run for a couple of weeks. I remember a time that same ad would have been $25 or less. However, the car sold pretty quickly as a result of that ad.

Actually, the same local newspaper is still in business, but I don't plan on buying another classified ad anytime soon. Heck, I don't even have anything to sell at the moment. Maybe I'm losing my entrepreneurial spirit. smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission