2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 6 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

30. CarlosCC - Brothers You take Einaudi and make it better! This is a beautiful, sensitive rendition of this piece. You are definitely one with the piano when you play.

31. Inkwolf - Cruella DeVil What a fun piece! Yo gave it a nice swing. Nice playing.

32. Monica K. - The Water Diviner Beautifully played! You gave the piece a lot of heart. I liked the gentle moods reflected in the changing dynamics and the delicate phrasing.

33. jotur/Cathy Turner - Well Hall I can just picture the dancers gliding across the floor. This is beautifully played, with a strong regular rhythm perfect for dancing.

34. Cat_W (Katharina Wittfeld) - Awakening (Erwachen) What a truly gorgeous piece. I can see why you fell in love with it, and how wonderful to learn it with the composer. You play this very well. I was especially impressed with the eveness of the right hand runs. Very nice!

36. joangolfing - Prelude BWV 928 (F Major) Nice job on this prelude. You had a nice balance between the voices and kept the piece moving forward.

37. sinophilia - KarmaThis a very pretty piece. I agree, your dynamics on the audio only were better than the video, Iin fact I though your dynamics and phrasing were very nice on the audio take. Great playing!

38. PikaPianist - Humoresque Op.101, No.7 Wonderful playing. I like the playful way you treated this piece. You had a great use of the dynamic range and variation in touches. Lovely!

39. JoBert - Gnossienne No. 3 You captured the Satie sound well! I like your quiet approach to this piece. Very nice!

40. Piano Primo 1 - Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me This is a very pretty version of this piece. Great playing!

41. _silvia_ - Sweet Reverie, Op 39, 21 This is great progress for 15 months of playing! You played this very sensitively, with nice phrasing. Good luck in your recital. I am sure you will do great!

42. lyricmudra - Adagio, Concerto No. 3 in D Minor for Solo Keyboard, BWV 974 You truly make this piece sing. Your balance between the melody and accompaniment and your phrasing are excellent. A joy to listen to!

43. Ken. - Straight No Chaser Great jazz! Nicely played.

44. Sam S - The Great Smoky Mountains Whoah! That is an interesting way to memorize. I will have to give it a try. This is a dramatic piece that you give a sense of grandeur. Nicely played (and memorized).

45. bSharp[C]yclist (Dan) - The Little Beggar - Op. 123, No. 2 - Gretchaninoff Really good progress for five months at the keys. I like your phrasing and dynamic control. Good two note slurs too! Nice playing!

46. Khopin - Nocturne E Flat Mayor - Op9 No. 2 This such a beautiful nocturne, and you do a really nice job with it. I like the sensitivity you bring to it, and the gentle rubato.

47. Kenan - Op 3 No 2 (3 pages.) It sounds like you are off to a good start with this. Very nice playing with what you have done so far. Why don't you post to recitals again when you are finished for a comparison of what you have learned?

Originally Posted by wouter79
47. Kenan
piece:Op 3 No 2, first 3 pages.

technical:
clipping: no
balance L/R: ok
noise: some clicking, probably the pedal.
bass: Some more solid bass would be desirable for Rachmaninoff
depth of field: ok
piano sound: ok for heavy pedaled pieces like this.

musical:
overall impression, like: great that you can play this already at only one and a half year of playing! You have the notes and a clear idea where you want to have it. I suppose you play this from memory, which is also great imho.
The lento part sounds good. You do nice rubatos, the dynamics are good, good job.
Unfortunately the piece seems to fall apart in the agitato second part. You have the overall feel, most of the notes and the speed, but much else got lost. The melody line gets lost in the rest. I can't hear half of the melody. The sound becomes blurry (too much pedal?) and it seems you do not have this part stable yet - notes drop, clarity gets lost, hickups. Also the dynamics are mixed up. You already start way louder than seems necessary, you skip the dim on p.3, etc. You are making one big crescendo instead. Part of this probably is technical issues. You have a teacher?
Phrasing: good choices.
rubato, speed changes: you have a good feel for the rubato and speed changes.
Dynamics: good in the lento part. Messed up in the agitato part.
articulation: mostly pedal. In the lento part, a number of times you keep the pedal a bit too long, causing chords to mix too much. The agitato part is overpedaled. You take back pedal in the fff section of the agitato part, I think this helps and gives a lot more clarity and clearer phrasing. Maybe you can get some of that clarity in the rest of the agitato part.

Yes, I have a problem with the pedal on this part, I think from practicing faster the notes get jumbled.
I learned the agitato part 5 days ago, so I'm still trying to work on it, I will be taking a masterclass when I go to a piano summer camp next month.
Thank you for the advice smile

-Kenan
Pearl River EU122 48"
I've been playing piano with a teacher
since January '15
Studying under Eunmi Ko of USF as of June '16

My Youtube Channel

My Soundcloud

I also love Astronomy

47. Kenan - Op 3 No 2 (3 pages.) It sounds like you are off to a good start with this. Very nice playing with what you have done so far. Why don't you post to recitals again when you are finished for a comparison of what you have learned?

To be honest I completely forgot about the recital and Friday I went on pianoworld and saw competition.
I could've posted the whole turkish march or moonlight sonata, but I really needed to practice them a little bit so I can memorize dynamics, etc.
Sorry for not posting the full thing, I will update it before I leave in June.

-Kenan
Pearl River EU122 48"
since January '15

My Youtube Channel

My Soundcloud

I also love Astronomy

47. Kenan - Op 3 No 2 (3 pages.) Great playing, but, to be absolutely honest (no offense intended), I would have liked it even more if you had waited until a later recital when you have the whole piece down...

No offense taken because I agree smile
The way I thought was better something then nothing.

-Kenan
Pearl River EU122 48"
since January '15

My Youtube Channel

My Soundcloud

I also love Astronomy
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
>I learned the agitato part 5 days ago, so I'm still trying to work on it, I will be taking a masterclass when I go to a piano summer camp next month.

You mean, you recorded it on the 4th day after starting working on it? Wow that's seriously impressive. I think it would me take some weeks just to learn all the notes. Is that next to a full-time job?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
07. AZ_Astro - Gnossienne No. 4 I find these works fascinating and complex, your rendition drew me in completely.

08. MeganR (Megan) - Sonatina in C, First Movement Allegretto Ha ha, this happy peppy trifle in the middle of the Satie and the Beethoven awesomeness.

09. UnderConstruction - Sonata 14 Wow, just wow all the way down. So very impressed with this.

10. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Nocturne in E minor Op 72 No 1 This was wonderful, I think you met all the challenges you set out for yourself in your description of the submission. The arc you defined was sublime indeed.

11. CASINITALY (Cheryl) - Minuet in G minor, G Major, D minor Great job with these, do so love these minuets. I especially enjoyed the D Minor piece.

12. Riddler (Ed) - Crystal Silence Such a great rendition, and a piece I haven't listened to in ages - brought me back to my formative teenage years.

13. Newbert - The Nearness of You Loved this, it sounds like you had fun working out the backing track.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
J
J
I haven't listened to all of them yet. I kind of jump around, but here are my thoughts so far!

01. wouter79 - Alla Turca, Rondeau from sonata no.11 K331 (1783) Very precise. Great job! The piano sounded fine to me.

02. INBoston - Waltz Am (posth.) Your first Chopin! I see lots more Chopin in your future. You did a wonderful job!

04. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Arabesque No 1 I love hearing this piece, but I always personally had trouble with getting the flow with the rhythms in the right and left hand. I thought you did a nice job. It will be interesting to hear it after your master class.

05. peterws - 4 Notes, 4 Chords! I loved this! I listened to it several times because it made me smile. Reminds me of Vince Guaraldi!
do)

13. Newbert - The Nearness of You I liked the backing track (and your playing!) Sometimes I use the preset drum rhythms on my digital piano instead of the metronome. It makes me feel like I'm playing with a band.

23. Tubbie0075 - Prelude No. 20, Op 28 Nice playing! Sounded pretty steady to me.

31. Inkwolf - Cruella DeVil Sounded like a fun piece to play! Nice job!

35. SwissMS/Doris - Shui Cao Wu (Dance of the Watergrass)) Wonderful playing!

36. joangolfing - Prelude BWV 928 (F Major) Nice job!

39. JoBert - Gnossienne No. 3 I listened to this while I worked. Very soothing. Beautiful playing.

42. lyricmudra - Adagio, Concerto No. 3 in D Minor for Solo Keyboard, BWV 974 Beautiful and tranquil. I enjoyed watching the video of your graceful hands on the keys.

45. bSharp[C]yclist (Dan) - The Little Beggar - Op. 123, No. 2 - Gretchaninoff Good work!

47. Kenan - Op 3 No 2 (3 pages.) Rachmaninoff -- Holy wow! It's so impressive that you're tackling this piece after only a year and a half of playing. Sounded great! I can't wait to hear the whole thing!

55. Alexander borro - One For The Reaper Very cool! Loved it.

58. Edtek22 (Ed Jensen) - I Could Write a Book Enjoyable and easy to listen to!

YouTube | ReverbNation | Soundcloud
Instagram: jencctx

J
J
Originally Posted by JoBert

28. Jen Weir - Patterns in the Ivy Very well arrange piece (like all of Vika's pieces seem to be). I guess I finally have to get around to sending her a donation and asking her for some of her sheet music myself. I liked very much how you played it. Good expression and good variation in the dynamics. The end seemed a bit abrupt though, but I guess that's in the arrangement (maybe also the original)?

Thank you! This piece (Patterns in the Ivy) is her sample sheet music that she makes available for free on her website (vkgoeswild.com). It's the only one that is available without a donation. I hadn't heard this song before I downloaded the sheet music for it.

J
J
Originally Posted by Edtek

28. Jen Weir - Patterns in the Ivy: I have not seen anybody on YT actually have the nerve and the ability to play one of Vika’s arrangements. Very nice! Think you could do “last of the Mohicans”? Of course you would have to magically grow a 3rd hand as she does at 3:12 :-)

Thanks for the compliment! Haha, Last of the Mohicans does seem pretty challenging (and long!)

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
01. wouter79 - Alla Turca, Rondeau from sonata no.11 K331 (1783): As I’ve said before, I’m always impressed by people brave enough to attempt the well-loved classics. Very impressive, especially since this was the best of only three takes.

02. INBoston - Waltz Am (posth.): Congratulations on a superb AB Forum Recital debut! You play those ornamentations with a flair and delicacy that’s hard to imagine after only three months back to piano. smile

03. MarieJ - High Heels: What *is* it about this piece that makes it so much harder than the sheet music suggests?! crazy It must be the syncopation. All I know is that your version is beautiful... I’m envious of how smoothly you got the piece to flow. You are clearly an Einaudi soul-mate. smile

04. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Arabesque No 1: Not “too technically difficult”?!? I beg to differ. This sounds like a very hard piece to play, and I thought you did a great job of managing the ebb and flow, your disclaimer to the contrary. p.s. I don’t know if anybody else has mentioned this yet, but if you pick the “amplify” option in Audacity rather than “Normalize,” it will boost the overall volume of your piece without compressing the variation between loud and soft.

05. peterws - 4 Notes, 4 Chords!: I think this is my favorite of your compositions to date. And you are way too self-deprecating. This was not a mere “bit o’ fun.” I loved the jazzy energy you brought to this piece–it reminded me of the work of artists like Peter Kater and Richard Stoltzman.

06. torquenale (Alessandra) - Wintertime II: I wasn’t familiar with this work by Schumann, but I found it oddly entrancing... something about the moody dreaminess you gave it. And the thunder was perfect! You couldn’t have planned it better!

07. AZ_Astro - Gnossienne No. 4: I do love Satie. You play this broody masterpiece wonderfully. I couldn’t hear anything to be unhappy with...

08. MeganR (Megan) - Sonatina in C, First Movement Allegretto: This didn’t sound uneven to me, so I think you chose wisely in going with this recording; you convey well the bright and perky air of the piece.

09. UnderConstruction - Sonata 14: I listened to the “updated” video on YouTube, not sure if it’s the same audio as in the recital. Very impressive, for a couple of reasons: First, you’re tackling one of the best known classical piano pieces of all time, and that takes a lot of courage, and second: Fourteen minutes!! Good gravy, man, that is a VERY long time to play by memory in front of the Red Dot. Bravo!

10. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Nocturne in E minor Op 72 No 1: I don’t know if the Chopin nocturnes really *need* an overall arc... sometimes all it takes is to lose oneself in a wistful dreamscape, which is where I found myself listening to your recording. smile

M
M
I'm so sad I missed submitting an entry. Teaches me to procrastinate.

Ganddalf, I was following your score as I listened. Oh my, how do you come up with this stuff? A great nocturne, theme was easy to follow across. I would even try and learn it if I wasn't so scared of all the triplets/quintiplets/manyother-iplets!

August Förster 190
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Silver Subscriber
Silver Subscriber
14. Inlanding - Glen - Prelude E minor Op 28 No 4 I'm glad I read your description before I listened to your wonderful playing of this piece. I agree, this is akin to breathing, a meditation of sound.

15. Ganddalf - Nocturne B-major I loved this piece - of course I had to listen to the audio as well as watch the video, fantastic composition.

16. Peyton - The Hours What a great performance, loved the drama of your playing and of course - the tux!

17. ElaineAllegro - Prelude & Fugue III: C# Major, BWV 848 I love Bach so much, really appreciated your deft work with this one, loved the fugue especially.

18. Medden (Simon) - Nuvole Bianche I've learned to be an Einaudi fan through ABF, loved listening to this piece.

19. Brian Moore - Handel, Sarabande in D minor Great job with the ornamentation in this piece, really enjoyed.

20. chris shendo - Opus 15 no.1 - Of Foreign Lands and People You played this beautifully, I've now fallen in love with this piece entirely - such a sweet tone you gave it.

21. Copper - Goodnight Moon Beautiful piece, well played. It made me quite nostalgic for when my son was still little and I read him the Goodnight Moon book.

22. that'sRich - Rosemary Had not been at all familiar with this piece, really liked listening to it. And I also love the sound of your piano!

23. Tubbie0075 - Prelude No. 20, Op 28 Gorgeous recording of this piece.

Schumann - Sheherazade Op. 68 No 32, Ravel Prelude in A minor 1913, Scarlatti Sonata in D Minor K32/ Soundcloud

[Linked Image]
11 CasinItaly

These three are similar in flavor, minot to major and back again. Ground breaking stuff 400 years ago, and still with us! You do a really nice job; you`re going for precision over continuity, well done you. But don`t be afraid to make the odd flub and carry on smiling like nothing happened . . .! grin

12 Riddler

Ed, this is a lovely dreamy sophisticated piece; maybe it`s your style for this music. It`s very impressive nevertheless.

13 Newbert

Very very good! Class, man. This works for you and must be the way ahead. Piano sounds excellent along wi the backing. Glad you`re so obviously enjoying the VPC 1 . .

14 Inlanding

Strewthm that sounds like Garriton CFX, (similar to Newberts)excellent for an acoustic ha ha What a good job on this not too cheerful funeral piece. Plenty of empathy and that. Can`t imagine Chopin being played out with "Bat out of heck" somehow . . .

15 Gandallf

Love this composition. It`s so sparkly and effervescent like a mountain stream. Great key changes along the way which give momentum and variety. Most excellent!

16 Peyton

Not being familiar wi Glass`s works, it`s hard to sort of connect to this. I did however, detect a trace of Cher`s "Bang Bang" in there somewhere . . .you certainly sounded like you knew this stuff well.

17 Elaine Allegro

The first piece was certainly allegro! I wish . . .Love this; so melodic and sparkly. I`d love to try this, but my fingers and head may protesteth too much. Wonderful! Can you hear my virtual applause?

18 Medden

Simon,great work for the time you`ve had on the piano. This is like a tethered sailboat rocking in the gentle breeze . .Nic!

19 Brian Moore

Good piece o` music; the trills sound authentic for the period and gave it the Baroque feel, which really, the piano wasn`t invented for!

20 Chriss Shendo

Love the meldy of this and Sch`s other stuff. A well played piece which has a befitting unhurried, gentle yet firm feel about it.

Last edited by peterws; 05/16/16 04:30 PM.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Originally Posted by INBoston

34. Cat_W (Katharina Wittfeld) - Awakening (Erwachen) I love hearing modern compositions, and this one is very beautiful. You did a great job with the fast runs, they sound difficult.

Thank you, INBoston! With a good fingering the runs are not too difficult but it has cost be some time to play them fast and even.

Originally Posted by Edtek

34. Cat_W Katharina Wittfeld - Awakening Erwachen: Really nice piece and composed by your teacher! How wonderful to have a talented teacher and the great ability to play his piece so well.

Thank you so much! But it sometimes it's also hard to play the composition for the composer. ;-)

Originally Posted by JoBert

34. Cat_W (Katharina Wittfeld) - Awakening (Erwachen) A beautiful piece, and beautifully played too. Thanks for including the link to the Wunderverlag, I'll put this on my mental list for possible future pieces...

Thank you. What be interessing if this piece makes it from the mental list to the real playing list. ;-)

Originally Posted by SwissMS

34. Cat_W (Katharina Wittfeld) - Awakening (Erwachen) What a truly gorgeous piece. I can see why you fell in love with it, and how wonderful to learn it with the composer. You play this very well. I was especially impressed with the eveness of the right hand runs. Very nice!

Thank you! The "master" was not completely satified with my recording but I got the ok from him. He would like to record the piece later this year again. The runs cost a lot of time in the last weeks because I practiced them with different rhythms to play them even in the end.

If you want to see the composer himself (unfortunately recorded with a mic that steals the dynamic range):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq0Qfg1vucg

Here are my first comments:

01. wouter79 - Alla Turca, Rondeau from sonata no.11 K331 (1783)
What a nice opening for the recital! Great performance of a really demanding piece. Sometimes it's good to have limited time to record otherwise you tries again and again... ;-)

02. INBoston - Waltz Am (posth.)
A brilliant start for a 1st recital! :-) Congrats on this one! Hope you will take part in many more recitals!

03. MarieJ - High Heels
Very nice and relaxing! Great performance.

04. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Arabesque No 1
Wow. This is simply beautiful! :-)

05. peterws - 4 Notes, 4 Chords!
Musical DNA of 4 chords interessting thought! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Part 2 - More wonderful listening, and lots more still to come.

01. wouter79 - Alla Turca, Rondeau from sonata no.11 K331 (1783) A great start to another marvellous Recital, and I found your additional info very interesting. Thoroughly enjoyable!

02. INBoston - Waltz Am (posth.) If you only played for 3-4 years as a child, you must have been a prodigy - and retained everything up to now. That was a very special treat - and your first Recital, too. Congratulations!

04. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Arabesque No 1 You make that marvellous C3 really sing! Mine’s sulking, and asking why I can’t make it do the same … Just beautiful!

05. peterws - 4 Notes, 4 Chords! Sounds as if you had tremendous fun creating and playing this one. I had just as much fun listening to it - ENCORE! thumb

06. torquenale (Alessandra) - Wintertime II Another big gap in my knowledge - don’t think I’ve heard this before. Very nice indeed!

07. AZ_Astro - Gnossienne No. 4 When I can tear myself away from the works of you-know-who, Satie’s Gymnopedies and Gnossiennes are among my favourite compositions. You certainly did this piece justice!

08. MeganR (Megan) - Sonatina in C, First Movement Allegretto It really had zip - lovely!

09. UnderConstruction - Sonata 14 Wow - what a great achievement. And the third movement definitely was far too good for background music with the sound turned down!

10. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Nocturne in E minor Op 72 No 1 Where Chopin’s music is concerned, I’m not qualified to offer any other comment than how much I enjoyed it - that was marvellous.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
I
I
About the only comment I am qualified to make to everyone is...wow, I hope I can play like you someday! It's been wonderful listening to it all!

My cat comes and sits by me every time I start playing back your MP3s. smile

Last edited by Inkwolf; 05/16/16 09:32 PM.

"Are we there yet ?"--dmd
A
A
goodness! I forgot all about piano world! I haven't even touched my keyboard in a long time. Anyways, figured since finals are over, I'd relax and listen to some piano music.

Wouter79- All Turca, Tondeau From Sonata no. 11
Great playing! Good use of dynamics..:)

INBoston- Waltz Am
You play very well! Enjoyed the piece

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
01. wouter79 Alla Turca, Rondeau from sonata no.11 K331
As mentioned above, great use of dynamics.
I would go a bit faster but that's just me smile
I enjoyed it so much that I played it twice.
At the last section repeating with octaves that roll try to lock your fingers in one octave so you don't move.
Thanks for uploading smile

09. UnderConstruction - Sonata 14
The first and 2nd movements were great and are amazing for someone like you playing for such a short time.
I'd love to see the whole piece played again in a few months smile

14. Inlanding - Glen - Prelude E minor Op 28 No 4
The first two notes were played too fast, but the rest of the piece was great. Thanks for sharing smile

23. Tubbie0075 - Prelude No. 20, Op 28
I think this was excellently played and personally I would go a bit slower, but you made the piece very emotional, love it!

46. Khopin - Nocturne E Flat Major - Op9 No. 2
Wonderfully executed, trills were played perfectly.
I believe you deserve an acoustic piano, when I had my Nocturne on a digital piano it sounded similar to yours, but now after two months of switching it has really gotten me to get my trills to a whole new level.

56. chopinoholic Paul de Koning - Scherzo op.31 B flat minor
Extremely jealous I am.
This is my overall favorite piece and I believe you executed this very nicely.
With more experience on this piece I feel you will play it like Krystian Zimmerman.

Last edited by Kenan; 05/16/16 11:48 PM.

-Kenan
Pearl River EU122 48"
since January '15

My Youtube Channel

My Soundcloud

I also love Astronomy
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I haven't always been able to comment on recitals but I was able to take some time today to go through some selected pieces from this recital.

02. INBoston - Waltz Am (posth.)
A delightful waltz by Chopin. You must have accomplished quite a lot as a kid because there was a lot in your playing that sounded quite mature to me: excellent timing and some nice dramatic pauses. You’ve got that piece pretty nicely mastered and it is a wonderful first contribution. Congrats!

03. MarieJ - High Heels
I love the darker phrases around 1:15. You play very nicely and the piece is mesmerizing. I thought it could even be a tad slower and you could have added some more dynamics for dramatic effect but these are very minor quibble. The piece tells a beautiful story.

04. Michiyo-Fir (Jade) - Arabesque No 1
Very, very nicely played. I tried a few measures of this piece and didn’t get very far! You’ve done a great job with the piece and should be really proud of your efforts. There were a few minor technical issues but they did not take away from your interpretation - or my enjoyment. That piece is a major milestone so keep it in your repertoire! I’m glad you think that it was not too technically difficult because this is one piece I’d like to learn someday.

10. Pianogrlnw (Ellen) - Nocturne in E minor Op 72 No 1
I always hum along with this nocturne. It is heart wrenching like only Chopin’s music can be. You have it well in hand(s) now and are doing a great job with the timing, voicing and phrasing. Nice trills!!!!!!! Great practice, eh? I will put this one on my To Learn list. A wonderful effort.

12. Riddler (Ed) - Crystal Silence
The dissonance pulls me in. I am surprised by how different and original sounding this jazz piece is. It really is very intricate and delicate. You’ve done an outstanding job with your interpretation from the lead sheet. It does sound like a ballad! Thanks for the introduction (for me) to Chic Corea.

14. Inlanding - Glen - Prelude E minor Op 28 No 4
I played this piece a couple of recitals back and I so adore it. Nice to hear your very different interpretation. You maintain a more consistent tempo that is probably better for this piece, and I like both your left hand and right hand dynamics. Very sweet and emotional playing. You have gone deep into this work and it is evident in this piece.

15. Ganddalf - Nocturne B-major
It sounds like a piece from a bygone era, somewhat lyrical and wistful. The complex chords and rhythms take it out of the purely classical realm and yet it seems more classical than jazzy. In the end it is a poetic work with perhaps a hint of Grieg!? Very thoughtful and sweet. Well done!

18. Medden (Simon) - Nuvole Bianche
My son plays this piece a lot so I know it well! You have done an excellent job with it as it is very pleasant to listen to and has some dynamic moments. You have a good pianistic sense and it shows up in the playing. Great job!

22. that'sRich - Rosemary
What an interesting work and a delightful contribution. Not an easy piece to learn, methinks! It’s almost Gershwin-like at times with its varying cadences and melodies. A thoroughly introspective piece that has many rewards. An exceptionally fine effort.

Kawai KG-5. Korg SP-250. Software pianos: Garritan CFX, Ivory II, Ivory Am D, Ravenscroft, Galaxy Vintage D, Alicia's Keys, et al.
[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission