2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, 10 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
OP Offline
R
I think about purchasing Synthogy Ivory II American Concert with iLok. My Friend is owner of Ivory Grand Pianos II.
Is it possible to use his samples on my laptop through my iLok? We could exchange samples each other.
Any one tried to do?

Kawai VPC1 | Arturia Minilab Mk2
Pianoteq 6 Pro | Synthogy Ivory II | Arturia Analog Lab Lite | Korg Collection
Roland Quad Capture | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR225i
cornet Olds Ambassador, Hohner harmonicas and melodicas
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
When using the iLok manager, we don't have to log in to view or use the licences on the iLok dongle. Then I think you can ask your friend to activate the licence on your iLok dongle, and then you can use it. (Just a deduction, I have never tried)

The licence will still be associated to your friend, then some options couldn't be done (transfering ? I don't know, I have never tried).

Note that Ivory licences can't be activated on two devices. If you have the dongle on which the licence is activated, your friend won't be able to use the licence. He will have to get back your key, select the licence on the key and desactivate it... and then activate it on its dongle. (or simpler, use Ivory with your dongle).

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
I doubt it.

If you buy American D only and if you install the other samples from your friend they will not show up in Ivory on your PC installation, or if they do they can't be loaded I expect.

If that were true that would be a cheap way of getting all the other Ivory pianos from someone else for free by buying one of them and borrowing DVDs, so it is for good reason to prevent easy piracy.

What you should be able to do; Install your friend samples from his DVDs and if you use his ilok plugged into your computer you will be able to use the other Ivory 2 pianos, when you do that if he doesn't own American D on his ilok that will be then be inactive on your PC installation.

It is all determined by the iLok and the licences on it, not the computer.

In a way you could share the pianos but that means you must also borrow his iLok, if he is happy to do that occasionally he could install your ACD samples, give him your iLok so he can then only use ACD on his PC when using your iLok during the swap.

Anyone can borrow the DVDs and install Ivory ACD or Ivory 2 anywhere as many times as they want on any PC anywhere, synthogy will not be bothered about that since it doesn't matter, it will only work unless you got a licence and an ilok dongle plugged with the relevant licences for those instruments to work on that PC.

Selftaught since June 2014.
Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
Kawai CA78, Casio AP450 & software pianos.
[Linked Image] 12x ABF recitals.
My struggles: https://soundcloud.com/alexander-borro
R
OP Offline
R
I supposed that could be very difficult and tricky. Unfortunately we live far from each other and it won't be possible to do.
Any way thanks for clarification guys smile

Kawai VPC1 | Arturia Minilab Mk2
Pianoteq 6 Pro | Synthogy Ivory II | Arturia Analog Lab Lite | Korg Collection
Roland Quad Capture | Neumann KH120 | Grado SR225i
cornet Olds Ambassador, Hohner harmonicas and melodicas
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Dongles are very simple to use: They are intended to make software equivalent to a physical item: Who possesses it can use it.

Yamaha P-515
C
C
For these types of questions, be sure to always read the End User License Agreement first. In the case of Synthogy, only the licensee that the Ivory product is registered too should use it. If multiple users want to use the Ivory product, they will each need their own license.

Austin
Sales and Technical Support
ILIO
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by composingkeys3
For these types of questions, be sure to always read the End User License Agreement first. In the case of Synthogy, only the licensee that the Ivory product is registered too should use it. If multiple users want to use the Ivory product, they will each need their own license.

I don't think he was concerned about license agreements.

Macy

CVP-409GP, Garritan CFX, Vintage D, Ivory II GP's & American Concert D, Pianoteq, True Keys American D, Ravenscroft 275, Garritan Authorized Steinway, Alicia's Keys, EWQL Pianos, MainStage, iPad Pro/forScore/PageFlip Cicada, Custom Mac MIDI/Audio Software Design, Macs Everywhere

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission