2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, benkeys, apianostudent, 13 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Greener Offline OP

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
G

The Pop Themed Recital is now open for submissions!

Believe it or not, it’s time for our first ever “Beginners and Beyond” Pop recital hosted by the Piano World Adult Beginners Forum! smile

The recital will be posted some time on the 15th of June, and submissions must be in by 9:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time, June 14. Please note this deadline is very firm.

This is a Themed Recital. Please refer to sign up list located here for eligibility requirements or to join the list.

Recital submissions must be in MP3 format. The maximum size of the file is 20 MB. We recommend encoding the recording at 192 kbs with a constant bitrate, as that works best with the online streaming player. At that bitrate, a 20 MB file works out to be about 7-9 minutes in length. Your recording will be normalized when placed in the consolidated zip files, but your original link will still be available for those who want it.

If you are new to recording your music, there are several threads in the forum archives that address the ways and means. See the "Important Topics in the AB Forum" thread stickied at the top of the AB forum page. Audacity is an excellent free recording application that can be used.

If you’re new to the forum and the recitals, I encourage you to browse through a few of the past recitals to see what they’re like. An easy way to find past recitals is to use Sam S’s extremely helpful recital index, located here:

http://recitals.pianoworld.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Submitting Your Recording:

We will be using again the absolutely marvelous automatic web-based recital program that mahlzeit wrote for us. You will upload your mp3 file to the recital server as part of the recital submission process.

When you have your mp3 file ready, go to:

https://recitals.pianoworld.com/

... and follow the instructions there. Please note that the software does not cope well with international characters, so please convert any such characters to standard American characters. Once you have uploaded your info to the automated recital software, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will have the opportunity to revise your submission any time up until the deadline. If you have any problems at all using the website, or if you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within a few hours, just PM me. If you have not participated in past recitals using this software, I strongly encourage you to submit your recital piece at least a day in advance in case you run into any problems with it.

The due date for all submissions is 9:00pm EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME on June 14, 2016.

By submitting a piece to the recital, you are certifying that it is a recording of your own performance.

The recital order will be presented in the order the pieces were received.

An AB Forum Recital FAQ thread exists that contains this and other information. Should you have any questions at all on what to do or how to do it, do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck recording!

6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
I'm in, probably the earliest I have ever submitted - only because I knew Greener was working on setting up the recital this morning.

Clarinet and piano!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
G
Greener Offline OP

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
G
earliest ever for me too.

This is going to be great ...

I'll make available the POP icon for anyone that may care for it for signatures. Just want to make sure I provide most appropriate path for it and get it there first. Still working on that ...

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Good luck everyone!

I'm not in this recital, but wish all of you a good time!

Paul

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I did it. 5 pieces.
Not perfectly played; but pop is about being spontaneous, and not always playing the same way.

My grand piano is a Yamaha C2 SG.
My other Yamaha is an XMAX 300.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
It is going to be a close thing at the wire if I get any submission in at all. Anyone dying to play Send in The Clowns please accept my apologies and go ahead and give it a shot because I'm doubtful I will get it recorded. sick

Liebestraum 3, Liszt
Standchen-Schubert/Liszt arr
Sonata Pathetique-Adagio LVB
Estonia L190 #7284[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Mine R in! Still working on the vids but I now got the time to get my head round the video editor. Thats harder than the playing. .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
G
Greener Offline OP

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
G
[Linked Image]

the code, minus closing bracket ...

[img]http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/gallery/42/medium/6600.jpg[/img

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Well, my three submissions are in. Each has minor screw-ups, but I think they're as good as they're going to get.

I'm really looking forward to this recital, since this is the type of music I enjoy playing most.

Bert
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Greener
[Linked Image]

the code, minus closing bracket ...

[img]http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/gallery/42/medium/6600.jpg[/img

OK, someone's going to have to remind me how to add this image to my signature. (My brain ain't what it used to be....).

Thanks.

Bert
G
Greener Offline OP

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
G
Good job, newbert. Really looking forward to hearing your submissions and the recital overall too. I've been hearing small snippets along the way, and I can tell you this is going to be way different and a lot of fun.

I have more recording to do this weekend and into next week. I had some recording issues to work out that will make it far less chaotic in the future to set up, and will also hopefully result in a better sound, plus allow for vocals.

To add this icon to your sig, just copy the image tag to your signature box, then add the missing ] (square bracket) to activate. Glad to see you'll be the first activator laugh

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Good job, newbert. Really looking forward to hearing your submissions and the recital overall too. I've been hearing small snippets along the way, and I can tell you this is going to be way different and a lot of fun.

I have more recording to do this weekend and into next week. I had some recording issues to work out that will make it far less chaotic in the future to set up, and will also hopefully result in a better sound, plus allow for vocals.

To add this icon to your sig, just copy the image tag to your signature box, then add the missing ] (square bracket) to activate. Glad to see you'll be the first activator laugh

So, exactly where/how can we hear these small snippets?

Also, although I activated the icon, I can't get my icons to all display in a horizontal row, like yours do. How do I accomplish that?

Thanks again!

Bert
G
Greener Offline OP

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by newbert

You can't, unless you are an Admin on the recital grin . Sorry, I guess I didn't need to announce that. Anyway, I just do a quick sound check and will not listen to the entire show until at least the 15th. I've heard enough to know it will be a great show.

"Also, although I activated the icon, I can't get my icons to all display in a horizontal row, like yours do. How do I accomplish that?"

Between the icon's code in your signature box, you have a line break. If you delete the line break (may just appear as a space) they should be horizontal now. However, there will be no space between them. Insert the below code between them to force a space ...

& nbsp; (remove the space between the & and the n to activate smile ). You may need to repeat it a few times to get a healthy space.

weird but should work ...

My signature became too big building it the way you are now so I created one big image using quark express and pc paint. It wasn't easy, but I managed to get it to work. I'm sure there must be easier ways.

Last edited by Greener; 06/04/16 11:17 AM.
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N

You can't, unless you are an Admin on the recital grin . Sorry, I guess I didn't need to announce that. Anyway, I just do a quick sound check and will not listen to the entire show until at least the 15th. I've heard enough to know it will be a great show.

"Also, although I activated the icon, I can't get my icons to all display in a horizontal row, like yours do. How do I accomplish that?"

Between the icon's code in your signature box, you have a line break. If you delete the line break (may just appear as a space) they should be horizontal now. However, there will be no space between them. Insert the below code between them to force a space ...

& nbsp; (remove the space between the & and the n to activate smile ). You may need to repeat it a few times to get a healthy space.

weird but should work ...

My signature became too big building it the way you are now so I created one big image using quark express and pc paint. It wasn't easy, but I managed to get it to work. I'm sure there must be easier ways.

Thanks, Greener. I didn't realize that you're an admin on the recital, Sorry.

Re: My signature, all that was needed to correct things was removing the line break and typing a "space" with the space bar. No need for your special code.

I'm also looking forward to this recital very much.

Thanks again.

Bert
G
Greener Offline OP

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
G
no worries, Bert, I know, this recital is going to be a lot of fun.

Bump, plus I've just resubmitted Daniel. There were a few problems with the recording I had that I really couldn't take listening to any more or ever again. Plus it didn't take much more effort so I wouldn't have to. There are still issues with the new recording, but not as bad. Two more to go this week, one I think (Journey) could be challenging to record. Hope you're all doing well ...

D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
- as usual, I've been remiss and left things rather late so it'll be a reduced and last-minute entry from me. Can someone confirm that I've got until 2am uk time on the 15th?

6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dire tonic
- as usual, I've been remiss and left things rather late so it'll be a reduced and last-minute entry from me. Can someone confirm that I've got until 2am uk time on the 15th?

That's what the countdown clock says - but people have come to grief before by cutting it too close. It's a volunteer (for this recital Greener, thanks Greener!) who will close the recital, not the software. It closes when he decides it closes...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Well, I've got a recording. It goes to pieces towards the end - combo of me just not knowing the end as thoroughly, losing focus as the piece is long by my standards, forgetting momentarily which verse I am on etc
Fingers crossed I will get a better version, but if not then I'll submit this travesty :-)

[Linked Image]
D
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
D
thanks, Sam. Jeff, what's your rate per hour of delay?

In fact it shouldn't be a problem, I'm usually in bed well before 2am so unlikely to be caught unawares.

G
Greener Offline OP

2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

2000 Post Club Member
G
sure thing, dt. I accept pizza bribes right up until midnight EDT, should you require it.

There must be a lot of recording happening about now. I've been intermittently giving it a shot. Between, still working on painting the porch. It's going to look great.

I think I may drop the Journey tune. Upon listening to my recording progress I'm not happy with anything I'm coming up with. The piano part is fine but otherwise, I don't think I'm a very good Rock n Roller. Maybe I'll try it in the Bar some time.

Good luck recording everyone, if you are. There is still lots more to come and I'm really looking forward to hearing it all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission