2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (drumour, Foxtrot3, johnesp, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 7 invisible), 1,221 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
29. Sand Tiger - Capistrano Suite
Congrats of your nice composition. One can picture the swallows journey very well!

30. CarlosCC - Brothers
I was not familiar with this piece so I didn't noticed any difference form the original. ;-) Great playing!

31. Inkwolf - Cruella DeVil
What an enjoyable piece! Very well played!

32. Monica K. - The Water Diviner
Well done! Great performance of this long Einaudi piece!

33. jotur/Cathy Turner - Well Hall
Beautifully played! These dances must have been very pretty. It's a pity that they have been discontinued. Hopefully there is a chance to revive them if there are enough people that are interessed in!

35. SwissMS/Doris - Shui Cao Wu (Dance of the Watergrass))
Beautifully played. You did a phantasic job learning this piece. One also has to get used to the foreign sound of this piece while learning it. But you seem very confident playing it. I imaginged the fingering in the LH to be a bit stressful with the thumb moving all the time but maybe it just looks more difficult than it is. But this piece is very good to strengthen the RH 4th and 5th finger to highlight the melody. :-)

36. joangolfing - Prelude BWV 928 (F Major)
Clean and great performance of a nice prelude! Well done!

37. sinophilia - Karma
Well done! Never heard something of Melanie Spanswick before.

38. PikaPianist - Humoresque Op.101, No.7
Wow! I always loved this piece and only knew it in the violin-version before. Beautifully played!

39. JoBert - Gnossienne No. 3
Great atmospheric feeling! Very nice!

40. Piano Primo 1 - Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me
Well done! But the color effect in the video is a bit strange. ;-)

And here is finally my last batch of comments:

41. _silvia_ - Sweet Reverie, Op 39, 21
Hope your live recital went well! You played this very nice. I liked it a lot!

42. lyricmudra - Adagio, Concerto No. 3 in D Minor for Solo Keyboard, BWV 974
WOW! This was just great! Love the dynamics and your playing! I listened to this track a lot of times. I've downloaded the scores but I only found the time to do some sight reading with this piece which is by far not enough with all the ornaments.

43. Ken. - Straight No Chaser
A punchy blues! Well done! :-)

44. Sam S - The Great Smoky Mountains
Great piece and performance! What a cool exercise! Thank you so much for the detailed descriptions. I'm memorizing quite slowly so I'll give this a try. I did something similar a while back but wasn't consequent enough. ;-)

45. bSharp[C]yclist (Dan) - The Little Beggar - Op. 123, No. 2 - Gretchaninoff
Great job for only 5 months of playing. Keep up you the hard work.

46. Khopin - Nocturne E Flat Mayor - Op9 No. 2
Beautifully played! Great piece and performance!

47. Kenan - Op 3 No 2 (3 pages.)
You are already on a very good way! Looking forward to listen to the whole piece soon!

48. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
I truely admire your skill to play something like that by ear. Just great!

49. Schubertian - In a Landscape
You have great power of endurance! Well done!

50. Philzpiano - Metamorphosis 1
Great performance of a nice piece! :-)

51. raaubucho - Village Dance
That was a nice and sweet dance. Beautifully played. I only knew Czerny from his etudes and I hated his work when I was a kid. But now as an adults I already found some very nice and helpful etudes. :-)

52. f3r (Mark) - Nocturne No.5 in B flat Major (Leschetizky version)
Well controlled and soft playing. Impressive, especially for only 8 months experience. Fine piece you chose for this recital.
My teacher gives the same advice about the legato playing combined with pedal. It's also about the feeling that you transfer to the piano that reflects in you playing. But if it's impossible to reach a 10th for you then you don't have a choice.

53. noobpianist90 - Sonatina Op. 36 No. 1
Great performance! Glad, that you could upgrade your instrument! :-)

54. blackjack1777 - Whistling Away the Dark
Fantastic! You played this beautifully with a nice phrasing and dynamics. I enjoyed listening to you a lot! :-)

55. Alexander borro - One For The Reaper
Played in a nice and calm way! Liked it a lot. But I'm not so sure if I'm really a fan of the added effect.

56. chopinoholic (Paul de Koning) - Scherzo op.31 B flat minor
Excellent! Simply WOW even if you are not totally satisfied with yourself! :-)

57. ajames - Jellybean Blues
Sounds like a fun piece to learn! Well done! :-)

58. Edtek22 (Ed Jensen) - I Could Write a Book
Nice song and great playing! :-)

59. Greener / Jeff - Db Nocturne
You are on a good way with this piece. I've followed along with the scores and it looks very complicated!

Thanks for the organization of this great recital!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Cat_W! smile

Paul

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
01 Wouter

Alla Turca, Rondeau from sonata no.11 K331 (1783)

Lovely and lifely performance. I know this piece well, not to play, but heard it many times I mean. Very much enjoyed it.

02 INBoston

Waltz Am (posth.)

one of my favourite Chopin pices out of the easier ones ( if there is such a thing ) I have had a bash at too a couple of times, so I am familiar with it somewhat. You play it much better than me though. laugh

well done and great return entry after 3 months. I enjoyed listening.

03 MarieJ

High Heels

As you probably know being a big Einaudi fan myself and loved your rendition and glad to have listen to it ( more than once ). Coming to think of it, not one of his pieces I tried myself as yet, but another second reminder that it is a must addition to try out sometime when I was also reminded of it when Monica played it last recital. You did it justice and very much enjoyed it. The progress in your Einaudi keeps coming.

Glad your are enjoying pteq too smile

04 Michiyo-Fir (Jade)

Arabesque No 1 Debussy

Very much enjoyed it and always liked the mellow sound out of your C3. I best leave the analysis to the experts all things classical, but I enjoyed it knowing the piece well to listen to. Personally I wouldn't worry too much recording softer if it means you can avoid the damage caused by normalisation, dynamics is everything in a pieces such a this ( IMHO ) and people have volume knobs to turn it up. If they haven't enough juice the phones or speakers they are listening are probably not very good anyway, I wouldn't sacrifice your lovely performance for that laugh

05 peterws

4 Notes, 4 Chords!

Loved this. I enjoyed the contrast you brought here with the strong attacks and more staccato like sections, but then, there were other parts with more of a legato feel and dreamier feel to it in other parts.

Overall, some very nice styles/contrasts used here throughout, great stuff.

06 torquenale (Alessandra)

only heard this recently for the first time funnnily enough just the ohter day, so nice to hear it again. I am not of the expertise to comment technically but I enjoyed listening. I love my bit of Schumann to listen to (album for the young ) and even dabbling in the occasional simpler pieces myself from time to time ( but mostly still making a meal out of it in my case ). The thunder came as bit of a surprise addition when I had not yet read the description, I wasn't expecting that. smile

07 AZ_Astro

A man after of my own heart since I love the satie Gnossienne as well as Gymnopedies. I thought this came out very well. I would have been happy, but as you say "I wasn't completely happy with the recording but what else is new? Heh heh"

That sums me up as well, but then there are varying degrees where I feel happier with some compared others, so I know how you feel when the recitals come around.

Very nice sounds and thanks for sharing.

few more random picks

14 Inlanding - Glen

One of my favoruite all time pieces but beyond my level to play, though know it well from listening maaany times.

Came out lovely I thought.

FWIW according to my self taught classical ears ( so take it all with a pinch of salt and a big disclaimer) I agree the louder parts ( climax ) could have had a bit more dynamics ( louder ) and also the final few ending chords a bit softer, the last chord ending chord particular, depending on taste of course, but that's would be for me.

Overall I don't know to what degree the recording and normalisation play a part with regard to my comments too, in any case, I really enjoyed this as always with your performances ... and the piano bar too. Super job. Keep sharing.

15 Ganddalf

self composition

Really enjoyed this one, is there some sort of trend developing in these recitals more people seem to be submitting their own stuff more and more ? which I always like to hear btw.

I Watched the video and listened to the audio only version as well, preferring the video version too I think. very soothing, indeed very nocturnal smile

More to come. Sorry, but I am way behind commenting here, with too much stuff happening the last couple of months travelling to and fro and abroad, as well as trying to practice myself when I can, which has been a bit sparse 'till recently but able to pick up again now. Praccy always comes first when there is a bit of free time before listening, how selfish of me I know laugh.

A nice welcome break and an early day off today, so a nice relaxing few hours for listening to another recital is a good way to spend the time.

Congrats to all so far and thanks to those listening to mine as well. I'll do a separate reply on those.

Selftaught since June 2014.
Books: Barratt classic piano course bk 1,2,3. Humphries Piano handbook, various...
Kawai CA78, Casio AP450 & software pianos.
[Linked Image] 12x ABF recitals.
My struggles: https://soundcloud.com/alexander-borro
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission