PHA-50 / HP605 internals

A visit from the roland tech to investigate the 10-12 grams of touch weight differences of adjacent keys found on our hp605's key action across all octaves yielded a view inside our hp605 yet sadly no fix as yet for the issue - some pictures for those interested in the internals ^^

The keys just drop into place and are easily removed.

The tech played on our hp605 for a few minutes and noted the difference in touch weight was noticeable by feel alone pretty clearly. Unfortunately he was unable to determine what caused it; none of the problem keys he probed showed warping or splinters sticking out, the amounts of lubricants were normal, the hammer and let off mechanisms appeared to be in order.. He is going to forward his findings to Roland to find out what the allowed tolerances were - I noted that to my mind 10 grams of difference between a key to the left and to the right is not normal whatever Roland may decide is tolerable.. Felt a little defensive =S

He responded I agree - this is not something I have ever come across and is not exactly desirable. Not to be expected at all..
Last edited by Goss; 03/10/17 02:49 PM.