2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Cominut, Animisha, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, fullerphoto, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,210 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#285677 09/03/06 06:49 PM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Dear Noona,

How glad I was to see that you yourself are a member of the PW family and that you're posting on my favorite, the Piano Forum.

You should know that your grandson has told us the most wonderful story about your quest for the right piano.

I also want you to know how thoughtful and diplomatic he is in his postings, and I am certain it's a result of him being raised in a proper household.

Say Noona, could you, I mean would you, mind paying a visit to BruceD, the seventh poster to greet you in the thread "Where's Noona?" As you can see by his profile, he was the 29th member to join this forum, something I'm sure he's extremely proud of, having made well over 4,000 posts to date.

You see, lately, Bruce just hasn't seemed too happy as evidenced by his following posts, the first one under my thread "Smiley Face overdose" and the last one after my post in "Estonia":

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by BruceD:
Didja evah notice ...

that some people write a lot of posts - like this one - which have nothing to do with pianos?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Well, we certainly don't need life experiences related here in PW fora! This forum is about pianos, right?

I responded as follows to his first post

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Upright:
ah, come on Bruce...lighten up...it's all in good fun...

btw, I've been to Victoria...nice place...rains a little too much for my taste...the Gardens were great, though...

you ever been to DC?

but alas, it was to no avail.

What seems to set Bruce off is when he thinks I've made a post on the Piano Forum that he feels is not strictly about pianos, or when I've let my posts wander off topic in response to what others may have said.

Naturally, I have felt free to steer the conversation in what I believe is an appropriate direction on threads that I originated, or in threads which I have been a stakeholder.

Much like how you & others have posted on your thread, Noona.

So I was more than pleased to see that BruceD did not take you to task for your selection of topic here on the PF, nor did he get upset with others "coloring" outside his PF guidelines and criteria as he has expressed them to me.

Indeed, he seemed to take pleasure in coloring outside the lines in his post to you:

Originally posted by Noona:
[b] I can't believe it but its been more than 50 years since I took lessons as a child. What a different place the world was then. The piano and the radio were the two forms of entertainment in our home. I had my dreams but the depression hit and we even had to sell the piano but that's another story.
Well, dear heart, if you took lessons and then had to sell the piano before the Depression set in, it is indeed "more than 50 years since", isn't it?

Got to hand it to you, "girl", for taking on this at your age!

Cheers! [/b]
When you do talk to him, please do not judge him too harshly. He lives in Victoria, BC and I understand it rains there quite a bit; and they drink lots of coffee in the Pacific Northwest, so that may explain some of his testiness of late.

Sincerely Yours,

Mr.UpRight

#285678 09/04/06 12:13 AM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
he's really quite nice

accompanist/organist.. a non-MTNA teacher to a few

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)
#285679 09/04/06 02:58 AM
I grade this as a "D"

Your scorched earth policy needs a lot of work.

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
MSU - the university of Michigan!
Wheels
#285680 09/04/06 07:38 AM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by gryphon:
I grade this as a "D"

Your scorched earth policy needs a lot of work.
Grading noted, Danny...

I made several humorous attempts to get him to lighten up, though, and all of them failed...

he's following me everywhere with his snipes...

go back & check the posts...

I don't see him pulling that stuff on you, Jolly or other Vets...

he just wants to bully a newbie...

If Bruce wants to become a moderator, let him talk to Frank...

#285681 09/04/06 10:37 AM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
I just posted this under "Where's Noona" and felt it was right on point in this thread...

"Don't get me wrong, FTP...

I respond much better to your form of diplomacy and pluckish humor...

and you seem to dish out the straight poop, too...

I guess that makes you a "straight pooper" in my book...

but I do think there's a tendency of some Vets on this board to treat the forum as their own lttle club...

and treat new members like illegal immigrants seeking entry...

one set of rules for you, gryphon, Jolly, Ori, etc...

and an entirely different set of rules, complete with glass ceiling, for me...

You, Jolly and other PW Vets are currently debating how to police the forum absent official moderators (murderators) and one point being discussed is how to keep this forum not only informative but vibrant...

If all it is an Old Boys Club, it'll die off with the Old Boys..."

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission