Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
133 registered (ABC Vermonter, Anita Potter, anotherscott, accordeur, 34 invisible), 1525 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#292409 - 12/13/04 08:18 PM ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
seebechstein Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: houston
 Quote:
Originally posted by JPM:
I agree with Jolly. More buyers should report back on their experiences, particularly if they're satisfied with how they were treated by a dealer.[/b]
Ok then, I'd like to report on a fantastic shopping/buying experience at Scott Covington's The Piano Store in Houston. And a purchase of what else -- of yes, you guessed it (drumroll please) yet ANOTHER ESTONIA 190! I'll post pictures first, then a description of my shopping/buying experience below.

Here's where a piano is desperately needed (note newspaper cutout of six-foot grand):

Negotiating the corner on the interior landing:

Unwrapping the present:

(some assembly required...)

All set up:

(yes, these windows face due north and are generally shuttered anyway.)

The view from the business end:

The Estonia crest on the soundboard:

Hopefully, for those of you shopping for a piano, I have something of value for you in my experience.

I have had a full size weighted digital keyboard (Yamaha PF-85) for the past 12 years or so. My son (almost 9 yrs old) has been practicing on it but his teacher suggested that this year it's time to get him on a real instrument. My first thoughts were:
- that's ridiculous, I don't need to spend that kind of money
- there's nothing wrong with this digital, it has velocity control and weighted, full 88 keys
- who would want an acoustic? The expense! The maintenance! The inconvenience of moving it!

Then I thought about it some more. I practiced on a 100 year old upright as a kid. Maybe I would have been more inspired if I had had my OWN piano, something new. I watched my son's reaction to having his lessons on a real grand piano -- the fascination with the instrument, the mechanicals of it. Maybe this would inspire him, keep his interest, be encouraging to practice on. I read statistics that said children are more likely to stay with their lessons on a new piano. So I embarked on shopping.

When I was taking lessons as a kid my piano teacher always had Yamahas in his studio, and I already had a digital from them. So I went to the Yamaha website... C3 seemed like a good intermediate piano and about the right size for the living room. Back in 1983 I saw a Bosendorfer for sale in Frankfurt for about $16,000 so I figured I should be able to buy the Yamaha for half that...

I started my shopping at the local Yamaha dealer Brook Mays, across the Southwest freeway from Greenway Plaza. I asked to see a C3 expecting the price to be maybe $8k. The sticker price was something over $36k. That's ridiculous I thought, who's going to pay that kind of money for a piano?? They also had an older Mason & Hamlin for I think around $18k. Yeah, I like this Mason, it sounds really great, but it's used and I wanted to get my boy something new, something that was his and his alone.

I embarked on my game playing with the Yamaha dealer, and they embarked on theirs. I explained how a C3 on eBay fetches $12k or $13k and they gave me the whole "grey market" and "seasoned for North America" ploys. The price came down to $24k and I made an offer with some terms, which were rejected.

I did stop in to see Fred Forshey's. Wow, I've never seen so many Steinways in one place. And I've never seen such prices outside of a Porsche dealership! You've got to be kidding, I'm thinking, what, this price must have easily been doubled from wholesale. I'm supposed to negotiate my way to half this??? Oh, it's not negotiable? Well, I don't need to bother you with playing any of these fine instruments then... at least I didn't get the bum's rush, which I certainly deserved considering my lack of River Oaks pedigree...

I didn't know what to do. Out of desperation I started going to more piano stores, looking at used, and searching eBay. My son was ready for another set of piano books which I buy at H&H Music so we went there. While I was digging through the books and music he played a digital, a Kawai that was like $6k, with a color screen and what must have been a thousand voices. He was fascinated with the "cow" voice. I was amazed by the action -- actual metal hammers hitting a felt stop. The piano teacher would be disappointed if we got this... and we already have a digital. We need an acoustic!

By the way, just as we were getting ourselves interested in fooling around with this Kawai digital, the salesman had to come over and interrupt our shopping. How hard do I have to roll my eyes before this guy gets it??? GO AWAY! You're bothering us! As a note to all salesmen out there: you're not selling the instruments, the instruments need to sell themselves. What you're there for is to answer my questions when I am done playing and have some to ask you, and to negotiate on behalf of the owner if I'm serious. If I see you coming toward me my instinct is to leave the store. Keep that in mind -- is that what you really want???

I knew about another piano store around the corner from Fred. How can anyone miss it, driving up and down Westheimer all the time, with all those pianos in the (north facing) window? It has the simple name "The Piano Store." The man whom I later found out is the owner was helping another lady, but said he'd be with me when he could. I was just there to see what he had. What I really wanted was something that didn't exist, a new Bosendorfer for $20k. "Have you looked at Estonia" I was prompted. No, never heard of it, other than the country that used to be part of the Soviet Union.

I was left to take my time playing all the pianos in the store. There was a Petrof I really liked, but there was a perfectly prepped Estonia 190 that I really wanted.

I came back and met the owner, Scott, who loaned me his personal copy of Larry Fine's book. "What happened to that Estonia" I tried to ask without looking too devastated. "A guy came in to request a tuning and happened to play it" Scott went on, telling me the guy had to trade in his current piano and take this one, exactly as-is. I left with The Piano Book.

Soon after Scott explained that he was trying to put together an order and he could make me a great deal if I ordered up front, so I did. The rest is history.

Last Saturday The Piano Store hosted Dr. Indrek Laul during a meeting of local piano technicians. Dr. Laul talked about some of the technical aspects of the piano and also treated us to some Liszt. Afterward there was plenty of social time and I asked why there was not a lock on my piano. Dr. Laul started to tell me the risks of having a metal piece inside of wood that could rattle loose, and these locks are also easily broken. But he went on that the real reason was a philosophical one: Why should the piano be locked? Who is it being locked from? In a home, shouldn't the piano be opened and played?

By the way, my boy is in the other room practicing now. "Why are you standing up?" I ask. "Because I'm excited" is the response. Money well spent for a piano, you say?

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#292410 - 12/13/04 09:11 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
Kentcouncil Offline

Loc: Great Lakes
GREAT post! Thanks for sharing your shopping experience, and happy piano to you and your son!

#292411 - 12/13/04 09:17 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
SusieQ Offline

Loc: Bellevue, Washington
This was a great story - and how lucky your son is...Just think of the joy he is having now - and your joy watching him...

#292412 - 12/13/04 09:23 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
Axtremus Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Congratulations on the new piano![/b]

(For some reason, I cannot see any of your pictures, but congrats all the same.)

EDIT: OK, now I can see the pictures. It seems the mover left the action out and then re-insert it after the piano was put right side up. Any body think this unusual? My movers didn't take the action out when they moved my piano.

#292413 - 12/13/04 09:40 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
cathys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia
Congrats on your new piano. Hope you and your son have many happy years playing it!!

Cathy

#292414 - 12/14/04 03:43 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
MaryAnna Offline

Loc: Florida
Congratulations to you and your son on your new piano--enjoy!

Mary Anna
http://www.maryannaevans.com
Blogging at maryannaevans@blogspot.com

#292415 - 12/14/04 03:51 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
Sarah Jennings Offline

Wow - the spot where you put your piano looks custom made for a grand - congratulations! Very nice and uplifting story.

- Sarah

#292416 - 12/14/04 03:57 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
mikhailoh Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Enjoy your new piano.. great instrument!

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'

#292417 - 12/14/04 03:58 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
Christopher James Quinn Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Great shopping story!

Which model Kawai digital was that with the actual hammers and all?

#292418 - 12/14/04 05:29 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
gryphon Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Okemos, MI
Congratulations on your new 190! It's a beauty. (But then again, they all are!) \:D Looks like a pretty live room you have there.

#292419 - 12/14/04 05:29 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
AndrewG Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Congratulation on your NEW piano! [/b]

You get the most PIANO for your buck !!!

#292420 - 12/14/04 06:19 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
JSC0324 Offline

Loc: Grandvaux, VD Switzerland
Congratulations on the new piano and thanks for your story and great pictures. You might consider some sort of UV coating for your windows if they are not already treated. I know I have been surprised by some fading of furniture in my house in a room without direct sunlight (north facing.) Congratulations!

John

#292421 - 12/14/04 06:41 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
Goldberg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: U.S.
seebechstein: Hello! I just wanted to pop in and say I also live in Houston--well, about an hour outside of Houston--and have visited those two stores quite a bit! As it is, though, we had quite an opposite experience at Forshey; my parents met with Bill Johns (a very nice man and, I must say, a good salesman. I don't know if he helped you or not, but I might also add that we'd spent some time previously with him not buying a piano, so we had developed good terms) and negotiated to buy a new Steinway M for around, I'm not embarrassed to say, $30,000, which at the time was quite reasonable and I'm not sure one could expect a brand new one any cheaper than that (not like we're extremely wealthy, but the deal was too good for my parents to pass up, as they told me after surprising me with it a few months later).

But, that was well over a year ago and I know for a fact that times have been rough in both of those stores. I'm sure it was quite difficult to deal with them for a while, but now The Piano Store seems to be kicking back up the gears. I always love going in there to try "one of everything." Did they have the C. Bechstein in there when you went? That's one of my favorite instruments. I'm also curious if they had any Bosendorfers, because the last few times I've gone, they've had none, and they keep telling me they're getting more in! So far, we've been quite out of luck.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. I just got a little excited to learn that someone else has dealt with the same stores as I. Congratulations on the purchase! The salesman at The Piano Store introduced me to Estonia on my last visit, and I have to say I quite liked the instrument. A very worthy competitor to Yamaha, I believe, considering tone, action (both of which I like a little better than the Yamaha, to be honest--at least on that particular instrument), price, etc.

Oh, yeah, and I got my first piano at Brook Mays--a Yamaha U1 that's no longer with us.

#292422 - 12/14/04 07:09 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
classicalgirl Offline

Loc: Illinois
Another new Estonia fan! ;\) How thrilling for your son -- I hope that he appreciates what a special piano he has. You probably have already found out that it attracts him like a magnet. As an educator, I think it is much better for him to spend his time making music than playing video games on the computer .

You write well; I enjoyed reading about your piano search. What finish do you have? I would like to see your photos, but they aren't showing up on my screen. Could you send to me by PM?

classical girl

#292423 - 12/14/04 06:45 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
seebechstein Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Everyone, thank you for your kind comments and congratulations! Let me try to address some of your issues...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
It seems the mover left the action out and then re-insert it after the piano was put right side up. Any body think this unusual? My movers didn't take the action out when they moved my piano. [/b]
Axtremus - The action, pedal lyre, prop sticks, lid, and legs were detached at the store and moved separately, to reduce weight since the piano had to go up stairs and only 3 guys moved it.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Christopher James Quinn:
Which model Kawai digital was that with the actual hammers and all? [/b]
I'm sorry, but I don't recall. It was a brown console. If you want to know more, you could try calling the store, H&H Music at (713) 666-2090.
 Quote:
Originally posted by gryphon:
Looks like a pretty live room you have there.[/b]
I would agree, if you mean to say the piano is powerful enough for the house. Echo off the walls doesn't seem to be too much of a problem. After this instrument came out of the crate at the piano store I was surprised at the depth and volume -- I asked for some voicing down before it was delivered to us because I understood the situation that we were getting into. (The neighbors have not complained... yet. \:\) ) I considered a rug. Scott offered to put foam below the soundboard but I haven't seen it as necessary. The piano teacher's whole intent was for the boy to learn control, and this piano has the action to teach exactly that control and expressiveness while keeping the dynamics below the pain threshhold. But I'll keep you posted...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Goldberg:
seebechstein: Hello! I just wanted to pop in and say I also live in Houston--well, about an hour outside of Houston--and have visited those two stores quite a bit![/b]
Hello neighbor!
 Quote:
The Piano Store seems to be kicking back up the gears. I always love going in there to try "one of everything." Did they have the C. Bechstein in there when you went? That's one of my favorite instruments. I'm also curious if they had any Bosendorfers, because the last few times I've gone, they've had none, and they keep telling me they're getting more in! So far, we've been quite out of luck. [/b]
The Piano Store has a used C. Bechstein that I liked so much, I used it as my screen name when I joined PianoWorld. It is the only C. Bechstein I've ever played. Oh, I've played new "Bechstein" grands and uprights, but they're not the C. Bechstein pianos we all know and love.

Regarding Bosendorfer, they do have a used instrument in there now, not sure what size but it's not a CS, it's pretty big. At least, that's what was there last weekend. In the recent past they have had new Bosendorfers there that I have tried. I have commented on these experiences in previous posts -- I said something like "why is this piano so ungodly expensive? I thought I'm supposed to be having an out-of-body experience." I'm sure that some people feel that way about Estonia upong trying it, after having their expectations set so high by reading our postings about it.
 Quote:
...The Piano Store introduced me to Estonia on my last visit, and I have to say I quite liked the instrument. A very worthy competitor to Yamaha, I believe, considering tone, action (both of which I like a little better than the Yamaha, to be honest--at least on that particular instrument), price, etc.[/b]
On a couple of occasions I did go back and forth to compare the C3 with the 190. To me, it was no competition for the Estonia, and since it was cheaper, the decision was a no-brainer. Another thing that bothered me was the attitude at the stores. At Brook Mays it was a "like it or lump it" attitude regarding my needs and requests. At The Piano Store, it was clear that Scott wanted to help get me into a piano.
 Quote:
As it is, though, we had quite an opposite experience at Forshey[/b]
Well to be fair, I didn't push on the negotiation at Forshey. Frankly, I believe that prices on pianos (and everything, really) should be expressed as exactly what the seller is willing to accept, today, for this item, and no less. That way I can actually be productive by spending my time shopping and trying pianos, rather than worrying about making multiple trips to stores and playing stupid games and trying to negotiate. If you put an $85,000 price tag on a piano, then how am I supposed to know that I can really get it for $45,000? As a shopper all I really know is that I can't afford it at $85,000. If there had been some truth in the pricing, Fred might have actually had an opportunity to sell me a piano. As it was, his sticker prices were so unreasonable I never was even allowed to consider Steinway and he lost a customer before he even realized I was serious about buying a piano. \:\( How is this productive?
 Quote:
Originally posted by classicalgirl:
I think it is much better for him to spend his time making music than playing video games on the computer [/b]
well, there's a time for schoolwork, a time for piano, a time for basketball, and a time for Nintendo. I don't think I could eliminate any of those...
 Quote:
You write well; I enjoyed reading about your piano search. [/b]
Then how about some stars? \:\) Or are we not using them?
 Quote:
What finish do you have? [/b]
I have polished ebony. Try hitting the reload button or refreshing the page on your browser. Maybe the server was down when you originally tried to view the pictures. PM me if you still have problems.

I suppose I could make a lot of other comments about shopping for a piano. But perhaps I'll sprinkle my experiences and impressions throughout other postings. Until then, and peace this holiday season, and best to all in the New Year!

Now back to the piano... hmm, the kid is still on it...

#292424 - 12/14/04 06:58 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
seebechstein Offline
1000 Post Club Member

...when everyone hits the server for my pictures at the same time, they appear as small question marks... and I'm using Yahoo/Geocities -- they are limiting my bandwidth even though they must have the largest pipe and server farm in the world. Sorry if you can't see pix but please try again in an hour or so...

#292425 - 12/14/04 07:15 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
Goldberg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

seebechstein: The C. Bechstein indeed must be the exact same one I was talking about! I have played one another, in NYC, and both of them remain to be my favorite instruments of all time. I just love the one at The Piano Store in particular, though...it was even greatly out of tune when I tried it but the quality just shined straight through. Unbelievable!

I might add a lengthier reply but I must run!

#292426 - 12/14/04 07:26 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
teachum Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: idaho
Great story - great piano! Congratulations and enjoy!

I'm off to play my Estonia 190 #6141 in Satin Mahogany that I absolutely adore!

Estonia #6141 in Satin Mahogany

#292427 - 12/14/04 07:40 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
jchmag Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have written about Scott Covington and The Piano Store before. As you all may know, I haunt the place whenever I am home from school. I always feel welcome and the owner never seems to mind my endless practicing. Unlike other Houston dealers, I never feel second-class because I can't afford a piano at this point. Not long after law-school...I will.

Point being, there are a few great places to buy pianos. We all read about them over and over on this site. IMHO, The Piano Store is becoming the "Cunningham's" of Texas and I could not be happier for Scott and his hard-working family.

I was in the store on Sunday. He was hosting a small piano recital. After it was over, one of the son's put up chairs, one was blowing leaves in the parking lot and his wife was vacuuming the store and putting everything back in place.

I like family operations. I like the feel. I like the experience and I'm very happy to read about another happy Piano Store customer.

Keep up the good work Covingtons!

#292428 - 12/14/04 07:49 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
pete Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: port washington, ny, us
Welcome to the Estonia owners' club of North America.

#292429 - 12/14/04 07:52 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
jchmag Offline

Bye the way SEE...I was at the event with Dr. Laul on Saturday. The first piece he played was by an Estonian composer and was one of the most sweet, dissonant, peaceful and maddening things I have ever heard.

Any clue what it was?

JCH

#292430 - 12/14/04 08:20 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
jchmag Offline

One more thing Goldberg and I'm back to the books...the Bechstein has been prepped to the nines and is magnificent. Go play it!

One of the two Estonia concert grands sold. The other is still in the store and the one that Mr. Laul played on Saturday. It is awesome.

Also- there were two beautiful Bosendorfers there about 4 weeks ago. Both sold within a week. I didn't play the new "old" one but I will over the weekend.

They also got a new AF 6' 4" in last week. It's being done now and should also be ready by the weekend. And if you haven't seen it, the Pleyel grand (I think 190) is hot.

It's like a candy store in there right now.

JCH

#292431 - 12/14/04 08:31 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
Ori Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Stamford CT, New York City .
Congratulations!!!
I'm sure you’ll enjoy your new piano for many years.

Authorized dealer representing:

Bluthner, Bosendorfer, Steingraeber, Estonia, August Forster, Haessler, Kawai.

Restored Steinway pianos.

www.allegropianos.com

#292432 - 12/14/04 08:55 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
SusieQ Offline

Loc: Bellevue, Washington
What an awesome setting for this piano.

#292433 - 12/14/04 11:10 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
Goldberg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jchmag:
One more thing Goldberg and I'm back to the books...the Bechstein has been prepped to the nines and is magnificent. Go play it!

One of the two Estonia concert grands sold. The other is still in the store and the one that Mr. Laul played on Saturday. It is awesome.

Also- there were two beautiful Bosendorfers there about 4 weeks ago. Both sold within a week. I didn't play the new "old" one but I will over the weekend.

They also got a new AF 6' 4" in last week. It's being done now and should also be ready by the weekend. And if you haven't seen it, the Pleyel grand (I think 190) is hot.

It's like a candy store in there right now.

JCH [/b]
Great! My father and I (btw, I'm 16 so not living away from home quite yet...) have been emailing the salespeople at The Piano Store for some time, asking if they have any Bosendorfers in, but so far we haven't had much of a reply. Specifically, we're waiting for the fabled Crystal Imperial to make its way in the store--wouldn't that be incredible? However, it's been several weeks since I've gone into the city. Last time, they had some small Pleyels, but I can't really say they suited my style (I think that's said a lot, if I'm not mistaken). That said, I was greatly impressed by what they COULD do--excellent Chopin, Schumann...you know, soft and complicated music with intricate harmonies, etc. But don't expect much of a forte! I would love to play one of their larger models, however, in hopes that it would be a little better rounded (without sacrificing its wonderful coloring effects).

Indeed, they had just gotten the C. Bechstein when I arrived last time and were planning to prep/tune it the day after, or at least relatively soon. Perhaps I'll run by sometime this weekend and give it a whirl...the piano continues to float in my dreams!

#292434 - 12/15/04 01:57 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
JPM Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NM, GE & Wash. DC
C. Bechstein,

Congratulations on your new piano! Your son is lucky to have a Dad like you. If he's not inspired and excited about playing now, he never will be. Wonderful piano and a wonderful space to put it in.

Regarding your comment, "Wow, I've never seen so many Steinways in one place. And I've never seen such prices outside of a Porsche dealership! You've got to be kidding,...".

I was in Stuttgart earlier this year on business. I wanted to visit the Fazioli dealership to play some of their wares. Two buddies, both car enthusiasts, tagged along. I had gone upstairs was playing a mid-size Fazioli, a F228 I think. One of my buddies walks in and flabbergasted, said, "That piano costs more than a 7-series BMW!!" I smiled at him and said, "It sounds pretty good though, doesn't it?" He just stared at me in disbelief. \:\)

JP

#292435 - 12/15/04 10:26 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
piano challenged Offline

Seebechstien--

Congrats on the new piano.

I wanted to echo your thoughts about how inspiring it would have been to have a new instrument during one's more formative years. I can tell you that as an adult it's pretty inspiring, as I'm sure you're finding. Your son is a lucky guy! I hope you both find inspiration with your piano for many years.

#292436 - 12/15/04 11:26 AM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
classicalgirl Offline

Loc: Illinois
 Quote:
Originally posted by seebechstein:
Then how about some stars? \:\) Or are we not using them?
[/b]
see B: I'm by your question. What stars? I don't see any in the graemlins. How about a ? Will that do?

#292437 - 12/15/04 02:05 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
SWCovington Offline

Loc: Houston
C.Bech-

Thanks for the kind words. It's customers like you and your family who keep my job fun.

I hope your piano brings you and your son many years of happiness.

And JCH- thanks for the comparison to Cunningham's. That's a wonderful complement.

S. Covington

#292438 - 12/15/04 05:21 PM Re: ANOTHER NEW PIANO PURCHASE in Houston, TX
katie_dup1 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
beautiful piano ... beautiful room ... congratulations ... enjoy this wonderful piano! \:\)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pearl River vs. Samick
by Zekk
12/21/14 03:41 PM
Kawai vs. Yamaha: what to choose
by SeeSharp
12/21/14 02:19 PM
Disklavier Pro Alternatives? C5X Value for money?
by bryan77
12/21/14 01:15 PM
piano sound is the result of more than just the hammer speed
by Keith D Kerman
12/21/14 01:05 PM
piano sound is the result of more than just the hammer speed
by Keith D Kerman
12/21/14 01:05 PM
Forum Stats
77388 Members
42 Forums
160045 Topics
2350268 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission