2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
52 members (bcalvanese, AlkansBookcase, Adam Reynolds, cascadia, ChickenBrother, Carey, accordeur, 1957, 10 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#33472 11/30/04 08:52 PM
B
Ben Foo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Just wondering what's the difference between these two pianos. Are they under the same company or is it like the Steinway-Boston kind of relationship? Played the 6 footers there and was not really impressed with it. It wasn't prepared well i guess. The Bluthner didn't even come close to a 6'1 Steingraeber when i compared it side to side.(My opinion)Thanks for sharing any knowledge you guys have!

#33473 12/01/04 12:05 AM
Ben, Hassler is under same company as Bluthner. It is a line of pianos that the company targets for consumers who can't afford Bluthner but wants the quality. My experience with Bluthner is that the sound seems is more rounded and warm, while Steingraeber is clear but cold. Bluthner should be priced cheaper than Steingraeber in Singapore. You should choose the piano depending on your needs. If possible, get the piano book by Larry Fine to find out more about these pianos. What's your budget? I believe you are looking for a 6ft grand...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hasslers are very nice pianos. I played one years ago in Seattle and even met the lady that bought it. She must have been quite happy with her piano.
http://dpbmss041010.blogspot.com/2011/05/legend-of-1900.html

C
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
C
Not too sure about the grands but I tried both bluthner and hassler uprights a few years ago when I was shopping for a piano. The hassler didn't do a lot for me but the bluthner model A completely blew me away, unfortunately it was way beyond my budget. It seemed to me that bluthner/hassler was like Steinway/Boston, bechstein/Hoffman, schimmel/Vogel etc. Don't get me wrong, it was a good piano but there were better instruments for the money IMO.

Things might have changed but at the time the hassler pianos were similar in price to schimmel and sauter, both of which I preferred. The bechstein academy range was in the same area too. I'm talking about five years ago though.

Pianist and piano teacher.
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
There are not a lot of Haesslers out there. Some Bluethner dealers do not carry them. I do not think it is because they are bad pianos, but because they are different from Bluethner, but not that much less in cost.

I have only seen these pianos at NAMM and at one dealer friends place so I am not intimately familiar, but they are made in Germany, so I would not consider it a Steinway/Boston type relationship at all.

My 2 cents,

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
J
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
J
The family that own Bluthner, are called 'Bluthner-Haessler', so the Haessler name is a Bluthner family name.

The pianos are made in Germany, I don't know if they are made in the Bluthner factory or not. The plates are different, they are loop strung rather than single strung, and the action is set up differently. The tone is decent but it's not in the same league as a Bluthner.

It's probably a higher quality piano than the Boston, and it's not the same kind of relationship because they are two lines built by the same firm. Boston are built by Kawai in Japan. Incidentally Kawai is a much higher quality piano than Boston, and in my opinion (just my opinion, mind), Haessler.

Bluthner pianos, of course, are a class apart. They have a distinctive sound. Some people love it, some people don't. Some people grow to love it. They seem closer to the old european sound, like Bosendorfer in a way. Beautiful pianos, but they take a fair bit of setting up to get them right. Once they're right, they go on.

YAMAHA Artist

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,152
Members111,629
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission