Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#335723 - 10/21/05 09:53 AM 15k for a PERZINA?
Justplay Offline

Well those CHINESE pianos made with Renner action are selling for 15k. That's the baby grand 5'3". Is there anyone out there that thinks that the piano is worth it? Why would one buy that when you have so many other larger/better pianos within $1000.00. What are they thinking? Estonia started at a lower price range and increased their prices as the product became more in demand as well as increased the quality of the piano.

These Perzina E series are prototypes and have no history in the way they perform. The factory is a couple years old and has changed designs/names and designers many times. I know I'm not going to bite.

I'm not going to be the first or 1500th to pay that for a Baby Grand Chinese piano. For what it's worth, that's what they're asking???

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#335724 - 10/21/05 10:27 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Axtremus Offline
6000 Post Club Member

So you you basically say "new name, new designer, new factory, no track record ... hence should be cheap!"

Sounds reasonable on the surface, but on the other hand... I doubt the first Fazioli ever that hit retail sold to a customer for less than $14k (after correcting for inflation). Same deal with the "new name, new designer, new factory, no track record" bits, the only difference is that one factory is in China and the other is in Italy -- why should the Italians get paid more than the Chinese?

I wonder how people will react if we substitute "Perzina" with "Fazioli" and "Chinese" with "Italian" through out your post. \:\)

Judge the piano by itself, not by its country of origin, and I agree that having good "track record" should worth something (and the lack of it should subtract from the value).

If after playing/examining it you are still not convinced that it's worth $14k, than it's not worth $14k.

I haven't played any 5'3" Perzina grand, so I withhold judgment until I have. \:\)

#335725 - 10/21/05 11:04 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
mikhailoh Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Perzinas have gotten a great deal of good press and are considered a hot competitor from China.

Do a scan and look 'em up. All Chinese pianos are no more equal than are all European pianos.

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'

#335726 - 10/21/05 11:43 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
 Quote:
Originally posted by mikhailoh:
All Chinese pianos are no more equal than are all European pianos. [/b]
that might not stand up to 'scrutiny'....

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#335727 - 10/21/05 05:23 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Justplay Offline

Yup! that's what they cost? 15k! As good as European they say. But...made in China...

#335728 - 10/21/05 05:52 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
mikhailoh Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Apple, I think it would stand up fine.

In my experience there is an ever-widening variety in the quality and musicality of pianos coming from China and Indonesia. Nordiskas, for instance are worlds above the George Stecks that I've played. The Rittmullers are, IMO, rivalling a lot of Samick's K&C Millenium(I think that is the right term) and those K&C's are pretty nice. That said, some of the bottom end are just that.

Are they the equal of Bosies, Faziolis or Bechsteins (or a lot of other great pianos)? Nope. Neither are any number of other European manufacturers we could name.

Perzinas have gotten some awfully good reviews from people. I look forward to playing them.

====

He is so solemn, detached and uninvolved he makes Mr. Spock look like Hunter S. Thompson at closing time.'

#335729 - 10/21/05 06:01 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Copper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
-- why should the Italians get paid more than the Chinese?
[/b]
Italian workers get paid more - a lot more. That is one reason the Italians get paid more for a piano.

I'm not commenting on the piano's quality or absolute worth.

However it is worth noting that, in general, Chinese workers labor under conditions that wouldn't be tolerated in developed countries. One of these poor conditions is very low wages.

#335730 - 10/22/05 09:33 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Justplay Offline

It's just too new to take a chance with 15k. I would, however had looked at paying 10k or so like the other chinese brands. Maybe add 12k for Renner, but not 15k. Just my opinion.

Chinese are going to start importing cars and if they're priced right I would buy.

#335731 - 10/22/05 11:19 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
sand Offline

Loc: Texas
Justplay, i just cannot help thinking that if you check that "made in XXX" label on everything you purchase. if you don't like something then don't buy it. someone else may like it and pay what they think is a fair price. you have no right to call the pricing a "rip off" just because it's made in China, or Indonesia, or Japan, or U.S.

BTW, I am Chinese and I do not like you. if i had the money i would buy it for whatever price i'm willing to pay. sadly i'm not that wealthy so i just went for a Pearl River, which i like and paid well. in addition to its quality i'm paying to show my support to my country. and i'm proud of myself.

#335732 - 10/23/05 12:28 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Nina Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Well, I played those $15K Bosies and Faziolis, and let me tell you, they aren't anything close to as nice as the ones that cost $100,000!

This friendly shopping tip brought to you by Nina, who would consider $15K for a Perzina or a Pramberger.

Sand, I think you called it.

#335733 - 10/23/05 12:31 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
CSG Offline

Nina, as a Pramberger owner, thanks. I think ;\)

#335734 - 10/23/05 12:33 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Nina Offline
6000 Post Club Member

I was quite impressed with the Pramberger I played... It was one of the spiffy series (JP? not sure), absolutely gorgeous looking instrument in bubinga, and played very nicely. I think it was in the $17,000 range. I'm not sure, since I wasn't really in the market, just played it out of curiosity. It was very nice-- 7foot-ish.

Perzina surprised me as well. I think it's an excellent piano for its price.

(Edit: Duh, I just looked at your signature. It's possible I'm talking about the exact same piano as yours! \:\) ).

#335735 - 10/23/05 12:35 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
CSG Offline

Mine's the bubinga too. At $12.5k new last January, it was the best piano I found for under $25k.

#335736 - 10/23/05 12:40 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Nina Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Sounds like you got a steal! (BTW, if you ever find those Bosies and Fazioli's at the $15,000 price point, be sure and let me know, OK? ;\) ).

#335737 - 10/23/05 12:53 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
CSG Offline

As discussed here back last year, YC or the US distributor anyway was, blowing them out to reduce inventory and raise capital in light of their bankruptcy issues. There was a fellow here who bought his from Baldessin (sp) in SLC a few months earlier for another couple thousand less.

I'm not a technician but these are pretty decent pianos from what I learned and I was lucky to have been shopping at just the right moment.

#335738 - 10/23/05 09:23 AM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
mikhailoh Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I understand there may be some more of the JP's released to market at pretty good prices. Take a look around. I surely like mine.

====

#335739 - 10/23/05 03:35 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Art Olson Offline

Loc: San Marcos, CA
I visited the Perzina factory in Yantai This summer. The workers are well paid, incredibly well treated and get to work in a brand new beautiful factory. They get a free ride to work in a new factory van, work 8 to 5 with breaks and are given lunch prepared by the factory's full time world class chef! He cooked dinner for us one evening and it was some of the best food I have ever had.
Old generalizations about China don't seem to apply at Perzina.

Art

#335740 - 10/23/05 03:42 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
mikhailoh Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Art, I wish I still lived out your way.. used to be in Mission Beach. If I get out there I will drop in to try the Perzinas for sure.

====

#335741 - 10/23/05 04:57 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Art Olson Offline

I'll look forward to your visit.

#335742 - 10/23/05 06:57 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
pno Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: ♪oron♪o, on♪ario, canada...
When you set the price high, people complain it being too high for a chinese product. When you set the price low, people complain it being too low that it would take away their jobs.

#335743 - 10/23/05 07:14 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Eins Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Utah
pno,
and then there is marketing:
set your price too low, and people perceive your brand as junk. Set it too high, and they think it is overpriced. Finding the right price is the hard part where all are happy.

#335744 - 10/23/05 07:28 PM Re: 15k for a PERZINA?
Art Olson Offline

Then there is that pesky cost of parts. In Perzina's case, they buy most of their parts from Europe.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
150 registered (accordeur, A Guy, AmateurBob, ajames, 44 invisible), 1708 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75336 Members
42 Forums
155788 Topics
2287529 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Beethoven's ten greatest sonatas?
by JoelW
07/11/14 02:33 PM
Still looking
by capncaption
07/11/14 01:58 PM
Church&organ Willibrordus-church Kloosterburen(Nether
lands)

by Johan B
07/11/14 01:02 PM
Church & organ Willibrordus-church Kloosterburen-Nether
lands

by Johan B
07/11/14 01:00 PM
New recording by PW's Joseph Kubera gets sensational...
by pianoloverus
07/11/14 10:50 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission