2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I have been playing parts of the fugue....I really enjoy it, its a great work jwjazz!

Originally posted by KoRnU:
I have been playing parts of the fugue....I really enjoy it, its a great work jwjazz!
Thanks.
Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

working on:
Goldberg Variations
C
C
btw: has anybody tried another input method to write in Finale NotePad? I mean: pen mouse or graphic tablet or touch screens or something like that.

R
R
OK, I'm breaking down and posting two of my pieces. It's two very short preludes I wrote. I would really like to expand on them because I'm still not happy with them. So any ideas for changes or improvements are welcome.

http://www.box.net/shared/ap9sedsh2i

Once during a concert at Carnegie Hall, the violinist Rachmaninoff was playing with lost his place in the music and whispered to Rachmaninoff, "Where are we?" Rachmaninoff replied, in all seriousness, "Carnegie Hall".
W
W
Heres an interpretation of your Bb m prelude - Changed a couple of very small things. Love the introduction!

http://www.box.net/shared/bkodvz303b

R
R
Will335, I really liked your recording. What did you change, I'm curious. I think I heard one note in the very begining, but that was it.

Once during a concert at Carnegie Hall, the violinist Rachmaninoff was playing with lost his place in the music and whispered to Rachmaninoff, "Where are we?" Rachmaninoff replied, in all seriousness, "Carnegie Hall".
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
I heard a little change at the very end.

Just played through both your pieces, and I like the C Minor one a lot! Let's see if I can get a recording up later this week -- I've got a few articulation ideas for you.

Sam
W
W
shortening the gliss to 2 beats and giving a big bass octave Eb acciacatura at the final chord. Heres the C minor one as well-

http://www.box.net/shared/8rmb699djk

W
W
I begun to learn WTC about 2 months ago off by heart, only up to F minor book 1, want to try to complete the task by the end of august, any body have any thoughts?

W
W
Why is it called "Prelude in B-flat minor" when the piece is in E-flat minor?

9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
The key signature is B-flat minor... but by the 2nd half, it seems to go into E-flat Minor with the added Cb's.

So it's hard to say what key "the piece" is in ... the first half and the second half are in different keys.

Sam
W
W
Second half? The first half is also clearly in Eb-minor, but all C-flats are misspelled as B-naturals. You shouldn't stare blindly at key signatures and accidentals when you try to determine the key signature. If it sounds Eb-minor, then it is Eb-minor. This piece is so strongly anchored to Eb that there shouldn't be any doubt about it.

W
W
There is no doubt the piece is in Eb minor, but I reckon Rachfreak titled the piece prelude in Bb minor just as he started to compose the piece (i.e. before the rest of the piece had been composed). I think this piece should be thought of as "prelude in Bb minor" rather than "'prelude' in Bb minor", so that the huge contradiction can be an attribute of the piece (also to remind Rachfreak to compose or change the title of the piece when he finishes.)

R
R
Ouch, that was a big mistake on my part and to be quite honest I don't really know how it happened. When I first started the piece it was in Bb minor but when I started writing it on Finale I changed most of the piece and never went back to change the key, so that was probably it.

W
W
Still a good piece though, got any more to show?

R
R
Well, I have a ton of unfinished ones that have potential. I'll try to finish some soon, and post them.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I've uploaded my submission - a two-page prelude in c minor.

Download it here:

http://www.pianoped.com/prelude.pdf

Enjoy!

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'd be interested in submitting compositions. First I have to download the Finale Notepad and see how it works. Thanks, Kreisler.

C
C
Dear Kreisler:

Interesting descending sensible inflexions. Curious dissonances too in the middle episode.
But let me ask you something: 4/4 or 2/2?

4/4, as marked. laugh

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission