2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,220 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
I started watching these great videos with Dick Hyman as the Honkey Tonk Professor who gives history of jazz:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QF5sghM6Xto

I thought the videos were incredible, but when I got to the third or fourth one(and the later ones) the volume was so low I really couldn't hear anything(I raised the volume to its highest level using the volume icon in the lower right corner). I've never had this problem with any other youtube video.

Is there any other way to raise the volume on these youtube videos other than using the icon in the lower right or the volume indicator on the video?

I don't know if it matters but I have a Dell Inspiron 1501.

Thank you.

Y
Y
It might be possible. Go to the icon in the lower right corner of the screen (the little speaker) and double-click it. This should bring up the Volume Control window. Look for a slider labeled Wave and raise it all the way up.

Another way would be to use external speakers or headphones. They will often be louder than laptop speakers, particularly since external speakers have their own amplifier/volume control.

OP Offline
Originally posted by yermej:
It might be possible. Go to the icon in the lower right corner of the screen (the little speaker) and double-click it. This should bring up the Volume Control window. Look for a slider labeled Wave and raise it all the way up.
Thanks - but I've already tried that as I indicated in my first post.

The videos were just poorly ripped, there's nothing you can do. (They weren't originally made for YouTube - they're from a video produced in the 80's and are probably provided without permission from the original producer.)

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
Y
Y
Originally posted by pianoloverus:
Thanks - but I've already tried that as I indicated in my first post.
Sorry, to me it read like you had single clicked the icon and adjusted the volume there (single fader) rather than double clicking to bring up the mixer-like interface (several faders).

Given that you've done that already, your options are external speakers/headphones, asking the Youtube poster to re-rip the video, or downloading the video and processing the audio (possibly just boosting the levels, maybe using some compression as well).

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission