2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
31 members (Animisha, admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 4 invisible), 1,175 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
I went to this site, www.porcaropieces.com and i took my piano pieces that I composed and sent it to this company so i could have MP3's of my songs. They came out as high quality studio work!!! And at cheap prices and very very fast! Very friendly and wonderful to work with. I recommend this to anyone who has MIDI files and needs to convert them to high quality MP3s.

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
I heard that *technically* its impossible to convert midi to mp3. The only way I'm thinking of 'turning' a midi to a mp3 is to play the midi, then record it using a microphone. Is this the way the company does the work?

"... It is a skill you go on learning all your life: the more you write, the more you learn."

Harry Freedman on the craft of composing
OP Offline
Trust me, I was skeptical at first but when they gave me a preview of how my music would sound once it was all done, i was shocked!!!

It is extremely high quality and it sounds amazing. Just give it a try... You have nothing to lose. They will show you a preview of how it will sound to see if you approve of it and like it. I wanted to see how good their quality was and it was beyond belief.

I am currently doing business with them again. It is possible to convert MIDI files to MP3's because they found a way, are currently doing it and are doing it EXTREMELY well.

Spread the word!!!

Marcee

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
There are a number of ways to convert MIDI to WAV or MP3 files. The easiest is to play the MIDI through a keyboard and connect the line-out of the keyboard to the line-in of your sound card. Then record it as you would record anything else. I use Cool-Edit Pro, but there are lots of other applications that can do the same thing (MusicMatch, Total Recorder , etc.). If you have a Sound Blaster card, it usually comes with a utility to "record what you hear".

If you want to record complex MIDI files (like a full orchestra), then it's a bit more complicated because you have to have a sequencer that includes all the voices at a high level of quality. Those can be fairly spendy.

OP Offline
I composed a symphony and gave it to PorcaroPieces and they did a superb job in converting my MIDI file to MP3. The quality was amazing. You should check it out. It wasnt expensive like you would have imagined, rather it was very affordable and the job was well done.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I'm not usually into conspiracies, but when the first (and only) posts a new member makes is gushing about some service... well, I learned how to connect dots in the second grade.

that is a bogus site.

u can do this yourself by converting the midi file to a wav format and then from wav to mp3. or from midi to cd. the utilities necessary can be had for free. cnet.com and search.

of course quality is lost with each conversion.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Not really, Jedi. MIDI files contain no audio data and cannot be directly converted to .wav format.

MIDI files are like piano rolls. They contain data which instructs an electronic instrument how to play a piece.

It is possible to render MIDI files as .wav or .mp3. This is done by having a MIDI file player (could be quicktime or Windows Media Player, or Cakewalk, etc...) play the file and routing the output to the inputs of some kind of recording software.

When I do it, I tend to just use WMA or Quicktime to play the file. Then, you check the "MIDI Synth" box in the Sound/Audio Devices control panel. (Under the audio tab, click the recording volume button...you'll see the box there.) Now, the output from the built-in MIDI Synth is routed to the recording ports for the audio recording software.

This in effect is all the people at the above mentioned website do. Of course, their website doesn't seem to be working at the moment. (I get a 404 file not found for the only link on the splash page.) My guess is they have a service that uses a software MIDI synth (better than the built-in windows one) and simply do a quick record job to an .mp3 or .wav file.

With some minor programming experience, the entire process could even be automated.

The bottom line is, anyone could do an above-average job with freeware and some know-how. But if this company has invested in some good sampling equipment (Gigasampler, or a top of the line software synth), then they would be able to provide good sounding .mp3 files.

I'm of course skeptical, because they can't even get their website to work. :p

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
C
C
Kreisler,
Apparently they were down for a while when you logged on b/c from what i see, they are up. Y dont ya try again?

Ah, yeah, it works now. Sounds like Gigasampler work, though there isn't any specific info on the pages I saw. (The Java buttons don't work on my comp at home. I'll check at work later...)

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
just a matter of semantics. of course, "convert" is not technically correct but i just wanted to put a point across which is you can do it yourself instead of paying these people.

i've been on a lot of forums and occasionally you'll see a transient person register just for the sake of promoting their own product/cause. it can be as annoying as adware.

How to Convert MIDI to MP3 or CD

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Yet another spammer account.

I wonder what Piano World's policy is toward providing free advertising.

The site in question is amateurish in the extreme. No pricing, no equipment list, no software list, not even any samples. PLUS, if a quality product is the desired result, then MP3 would NOT be the format one would want from the service.

Whois info for, porcaropieces.com:
Registrant:
Porcaro Pieces
39 Overlook Road
Cedar Grove, NJ 07009
US

Domain name: PORCAROPIECES.COM

Administrative Contact:
Porcaro, Michael marcee@cimic.rutgers.edu
Now we know who "Marcee" is. I assume that chemie is the same person.

Hello,

I actually am the provider of the service "porcaropieces". I just started the service, so obviously the webpage needs work, and is currently being worked on. I absolutely do not take your money without providing a service, and I have not provided anyone here with service, so this site isnt even spam. It simply is a site to increase the quality of a midi file. To what extent though? Let me explain what I do because it seems to be unclear to some of you:

Yes, I do convert MIDI to MP3. Yes, anyone can do that, you can obviously record the MIDI file with a microphone and its recorded to MP3 with even worse quality. That would be spam...That is not what I do, and I am not spamming you. Yes, you can easily use soundfonts to turn the MIDI file into an MP3 by using cakewalk, or some other program, but I dont do that either. Soundfonts don't even produce high enough quality music for my taste. They are small in size, and run off of RAM. What I do is, I convert a MIDI file to sound like it was really played. This way, you can burn it onto a CD and send your music out to friends,family, or publishers without having to worry about how the quality sounds. Alot of you are saying, "I can just use my soundfonts" but, your soundfonts will not even compare to the kind of quality that I am talking about. Did you ever imagine what your midi piano solo, or midi orchestra would sound like if it was actually played? I have the capabilities of doing that for you.

The instruments I can record in superb quality include:

piano
strings ensemble (bass, cello, viola, violin, pizzicato)
woodwinds (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon)
brass (trumpet, french horn, trumpet)

I will of course provide demos on my website soon. If you want to just give it a try, it cant hurt. You can also send your midi file to chopin2257@hotmail.com, and let me know that you are from pianoworld in the subject. I will record your file for free, and send it back to you. And if you are not satisfied, there is absolutely no harm done.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Using a forum account to sell a product without paying for advertising on the forum is SPAM. It's especially insidious when the spammage is presented as the experience of an ordinary forum member - I believe the term is shill.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by msuchyck:
I went to this site, www.porcaropieces.com and i took my piano pieces that I composed and sent it to this company so i could have MP3's of my songs. They came out as high quality studio work!!! And at cheap prices and very very fast! Very friendly and wonderful to work with. I recommend this to anyone who has MIDI files and needs to convert them to high quality MP3s.
I saw this same post on another piano related forum.

Looks like they're trying to sell this service.

Its called freedom of speech, and that was just one of my customers speaking. This is after all, a music forum, and they are also allowed to speak their mind. Besides, I think you would find my services helpful if you gave them a try.

Oh, and I am not selling a product on this forum, because I have no products to sell. I am saying that if you want to enhance the way your midi sounds, and if you want to try it out, then you know who to contact. Then if you are interested, we can talk further. Thats it.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by piano_composer4u:
Oh, and I am not selling a product on this forum, because I have no products to sell. I am saying that if you want to enhance the way your midi sounds, and if you want to try it out, then you know who to contact. Then if you are interested, we can talk further. Thats it.
I have a car I would like to sell (maybe even several of them). I am not selling it here but if you would like to swing by and take it for a test drive then, if you are interested, we can talk further. But I am NOT selling a car here.

I also have some satisfied customers you will be hearing from as soon as I can get their profiles up and registered.

Oh and, by the way, this is me excercising my freedom of speech as well. smokin

Better to light one small candle than to curse the %&#$@#! darkness. :t:

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission