Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#434161 - 04/30/08 11:17 AM Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
jasperkeys Offline

Loc: Safford, AZ
I usually practice on a digital Yamaha P120 and like it for the most part. The action is consistent from one end to the other and the piano sounds are decent although the treble notes aren't bright enough.

I was given access to practice on a small Samik grand piano and I find I don't like the sound as much as I do the Yamaha digital piano. The piano is in a room approximately 28' X 30' in size and with a high ceiling. I played the piano with the lid down and so it was closed except for the music stand area. I think I do this to not be overheard. To my ears there is entirely too much reverberation and the sound seems really muffled although this probably because of the closed lid. The key action is seems to be inconsistent and I very occasionally hit a repeated note that just thuds instead sounding the note. Maybe this piano is just a 'lemon' as it's not an old piano. To be fair, I should try it with the lid open one of these mornings.

I thought I'd be in hog heaven to practice on a grand piano but it's sad that I actually prefer the feel of the Yamaha digital piano over this Samik grand. This ever happen to anyone?

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#434162 - 04/30/08 01:19 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
Piano Fingers Offline

Loc: Owings Mills, Maryland
What size was this Samik? If it was a baby-grand (4'll" or less), then it will sound and perform like something quickly thrown together. It'll have the appearance of a grand piano, but won't really play like a true grand piano.

I'd suggest you try playing on the top quality brands like Steinway, Yamaha, Bösendorfer, Mason & Hamlin. etc. And pick something around 6' or better. Also, play with the lid up. You don't play your digital with a "lid" down, so don't play with the grand lid down.

After that you'll change your mind.

#434163 - 04/30/08 03:22 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
ChristinaW Offline

Loc: Washington DC
It is probably just what you are used to, and that your baby grand doesn't sound like that good a piano. I do think a digital can work better for certain kinds of music, some modern or contemporary stuff. I also like the various things you can do with a digital, but that's more like fun or a toy, than because I think it sounds better than a real piano (ie, you can play duets with yourself or something).

It may also just be because a lot of people nowadays aren't really used to hearing real instruments, just digital recordings, so it may be that the digital piano sound is preferable to you now. Sometimes when I go to live performances now, if I don't have a great seat, or the hall acoustics aren't so good, I think -- gee, it would have been nicer just to sit at home and listen to this on a good recording and save my $75.

#434164 - 04/30/08 03:26 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
BruceD Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Victoria, BC
If your only pianos of comparison are a Samick "baby" grand with some keys that don't always work, an inconsistent action and poor sound quality against a Yamaha digital, then you don't have any basis for comparing between a digital and a grand.

In Larry Fine's classifications of pianos (The Piano Book Supplement 2007-2008) where pianos are rated in categories from
1A, 1B, 1C (Highest quality performance pianos)
2A, 2B, 2C (High performance pianos)
3A, 3B, 3C (Better quality consumer-grade pianos)
4A, 4B, 4C, 4D (Medium quality consumer-grade pianos)
Samick is classed as a 4C; no wonder you prefer the digital.

Try some well-prepped and/or well-maintained class 1 and class 2 pianos, and you'll find that a digital won't hold a candle to any of them.

Regards,
Writing from Paris until 15 May, 2014

#434165 - 04/30/08 03:38 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
BruceD Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Piano Fingers:
[...]I'd suggest you try playing on the top quality brands like Steinway, Yamaha, Borsendorf, Mason & Hamilton. etc.[/b]
... that's Bösendorfer, Mason & Hamlin, by the way.

Regards,

#434166 - 04/30/08 05:56 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
nix Offline

Loc: northern england
has anyone found on the digital pianos that there is a lack of clarity (if this is the word im after?) in the pedals. I find that on the digital my pedalling (going by ear) sounds just nice. But if i do the same pedalling on an acoustic- its too overdone?

#434167 - 04/30/08 06:02 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
nix Offline

Loc: northern england
i would also like to add...
Digital piano with orchestra = horrid.
played Shostakovich symphony 5 and unfortunatly we could not have an acoustic piano at the concert. We used a digital piano and the sound didnt carry across at all. So much so, that we conected it to an amp. At this volume it carried, but it sounded really false in comparison to a real piano. I may be able to add a clip of the recording if you want to hear it.

#434168 - 04/30/08 06:44 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
AdlerAugen Offline

Loc: Hawaii
yea...any mixing of acoustic with non acoustic sounds fake to me...like what nix said about digital w/ orchestra.

Back on to the main topic, I practically never like a digital piano, and there are some acoustic pianos that I hate with a passion as well (though usually due to simple maintenance issues). However, I usually find a well-maintained piano much better in comparison to a digital, partly because I feel more at home on a real piano, and also partly due to the failure of digital technology to accurately duplicate the experience of an acoustic piano.

For instance, on most digital pianos I play, the touch sensitivity is way off balance. If you play at the threshhold between two levels that the piano senses, and cross it just once, it throws it into a dynamic very different from what the difference in your playing would give you on an acoustic piano. So it's not so great for dynamic subtlety.

In addition, I find it awkard on digital pianos, because of any way that the keys are weighted. In uprights and digital pianos, gravity is not responsible for returning the key to it's normal position, but springs. If they're stiff, the keys return fast, but it doesn't feel as smooth a return as with a grand piano. If they're not stiff, they won't return fast and the repeatability of notes is very limited...for instance on most of the petrof uprights, you have to be very careful in the Chopin 'Grand Valse Brillante' in Eb; op. 18, due to fast, repeated Ebs starting in measure 20b, not to mention the Bb's in the opening. Also, spring-returned keys have the side effect after time and usage of losing their stiffness, and as a result I have a digital piano with the D above Middle C that hangs down a bit, and doesn't return that fast. (and I don't practice on it as much as the Steinway grands at the university)

I could go on but I fear I've ranted enough.

#434169 - 04/30/08 06:48 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
faucon Offline

Loc: Missouri USA
The only grand I've gotten to play recently is a Baldwin that is badly in need of regulation and tuning. Even so it sounds more powerful and complex than my digitals, but the sticking action makes playing it unpleasant. I suspect that if I had a good-quality, well-maintained grand piano to play, I would prefer it if everything else were equal.

#434170 - 04/30/08 07:04 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
PianoJoe Offline

Loc: Sedona, AZ
I would much rather play a digital piano than any[/b] out of tune or dead-keyed acoustic piano, don't care what the size, make or model. That said, I'd rather play a nicely tuned maintained upright than even the finest digital piano, without hesitation!
Whisperings Solo Piano Radio

#434171 - 04/30/08 07:13 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
hotkeys Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massapequa, NY
I personally use a digital for practice but prefer to use a grand otherwise.

- Mark

#434172 - 04/30/08 07:41 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
Piano Fingers Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BruceD:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Piano Fingers:
[...]I'd suggest you try playing on the top quality brands like Steinway, Yamaha, Borsendorf, Mason & Hamilton. etc.[/b]
... that's Bösendorfer, Mason & Hamlin, by the way.

Regards, [/b]
Oops! I edited my post accordingly.

#434173 - 04/30/08 07:42 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
Piano Fingers Offline

... duplicate.

#434174 - 05/01/08 12:35 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
al_spinner Offline

Loc: San Francisco
I think a nice digital definitely beats a really old and out-of-tune acoustic or an acoustic with sticky keys...etc. Otherwise, a decent in-tune acoustic (upright or grand) beats any digital for me.

#434175 - 05/01/08 12:56 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.
 Quote:
Originally posted by BruceD:
In Larry Fine's classifications of pianos (The Piano Book Supplement 2007-2008) where pianos are rated in categories...
Bruce,

How does Larry Fine rate the Yamaha MP1?

#434176 - 05/01/08 02:03 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
whippen boy Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Francisco
I will try to make music on whatever has been provided to me, but will almost always choose a grand piano over anything else.

I think it is good to keep in mind that a digital keyboard is not a piano[/b].

Never was, never will be.

#434177 - 05/01/08 02:09 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
PianoJoe Offline

Loc: Sedona, AZ
I can compose music for piano on a DP, so I consider it what it's called, a piano! Not my first choice as stated above, but it does the job : )

Joe
Whisperings Solo Piano Radio

#434178 - 05/01/08 02:32 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
pianojerome Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bongiorno:
I can compose music for piano on a DP, so I consider it what it's called, a piano! Not my first choice as stated above, but it does the job : )

Joe [/b]
I can compose music for piano on my Macintosh computer, but that doesn't make my Macintosh computer a piano. ;\)

#434179 - 05/01/08 05:39 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
davaofthekeys Offline

I think digital pianos are just about to surpass traditional grand pianos. I have access to all kinds of grand pianos in school, like Steinways, Bösendorfers, Yamahas ect, and even though they are tuned and maintained to a high degree, I find myself prefering to practise on my Roland KR103 digital piano.

It doesn´t sound *quite* as good, but it has better dynamics and the action is a lot more precise, both the keys and pedals. And the fact that you can turn the volume down a notch enables practise loud pieces for hours without wearing your ears off.

It´s pretty much the best responding piano I´ve ever played, and I would not be interested in trading it for a grand. And yes, I play classical music.

Although, specificaly for concerts, I still prefer to use a grand piano, but only for better tone-quality, that is the one advantage they still have over digitals in my opinion.

But on the other hand, grands tend to squeek and creek when you least expect it, which can be pretty annoying. Does it still have superior sound if you add that aspect into the mix? It sure is troublesome during recording-sessions, especially while using the damper-pedal (a function that the Roland emulates btw).

And for those about to critisize me, don´t think I´m talking about Roland-digital pianos in general, as many sound like crap, it´s got to be this specific model, the KR103.

#434180 - 05/01/08 09:30 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
MVB Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
To some extent, what you're used to plays a role but finding the right piano is key. I played a digital Yamaha P140S for a while until I decided to purchase an acoustic piano. My first experiences were awful and thought that this was a mistake. I was having trouble getting used to the feel and sound. I must also mention that the first couple of pianos that I tried were not just out of tune but of poor quality. Then I found one that I really liked the feel and sound of. Now, I don't want to play the digital. On the bright side, the digital is an advantage when everyone's sleeping...... just plug in the headset!

#434181 - 05/01/08 10:03 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
JSB1685 Offline

Loc: Courtdale, PA
For those of us on a tight budget, the digital is the only choice, unless you want a bad acoustic piano. I have to practice very early in the morning, so the headphone option is a godsend.

I know it isn't a real piano, but it's the best I can do, and so I value my Yamaha CLP-115.

#434182 - 05/01/08 10:24 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
John Citron Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Haverhill, Massachusetts
 Quote:
Originally posted by al_spinner:
I think a nice digital definitely beats a really old and out-of-tune acoustic or an acoustic with sticky keys...etc. Otherwise, a decent in-tune acoustic (upright or grand) beats any digital for me. [/b]
I agree! I had an upright that was so bad I wanted to cut it up and put it out for trash every Sunday after practicing on it. The PSO (POS to be exact) would sound okay one day then become a horrific beast by the weekend. I became so frustrated with it, I sold it to someone really cheap, took a big loss in fact, and purchased my Technics SX-PX which became my piano for 3 years while I saved up for a real piano again.

The digital has some benefits like late practicing and recording, but after awhile I found the touch to be annoying, heavy and actually tiring to play on, and the tone to be just okay. I could never quite adjust it to sound the way I wanted it to sound. I found that I missed the subtle nuances that can be achieved with a real acoustic piano. There was that something special missing from the digital, I can't describe in words, that was always in a decent piano.

Recently I tried some practticing and playing on the digital grand because we had company and I wanted to play the piano and not the clavichord. After awhile I couldn't stand it so for this reason, I am considering selling my digital grand to anyone who wants it. I will never go back to the digital again.

John

#434183 - 05/01/08 04:47 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
Bachfan39 Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Digitals have the following advantages for me:
1) can practice quietly at any time of the day or night, with headphones
2) it is always in perfect tune; in fact you can change the tuning if you like, which is a very interesting thing to experiment with (e.g. various ancient temperaments)
3) you can turn on an organ sound, which continuously sustains the notes; it is an interesting way to more clearly hear sustained inner voices in Bach.
4) you can record into the piano's memory, perhaps at a careful slow tempo, then play a duet with yourself, at whatever speed you like
5) I find the action quite quick and light, actually requiring a certain increased fineness of finger control
The disadvantages of a digital, for me, are:
1) the quality of sound is substantially inferior; the more you play and compare, the more you realize this.
2) the touch is substantially inferior too; likewise, the more you play and compare, the more you realize this. Once I was preparing a piece to play publicly, and had only a digital to practice on; it was a shock when I got to the real piano.
3) The relationship one would have with the instrument is shallower. A piano generates tone and vibrates in the same way that your fingers and your ears move and vibrate. In this way, one can feel more connected to it. A digital generates tone in a way that is much more distantly related to human physiology. Furthermore, the technology itself is constantly in flux, over a few years. So it is really quite hard, I think, to feel emotionally attached to one's digital piano.

The bottom line is, I think one should have a digital AND a grand, if possible. If only one instrument is possible, then make it an acoustic. If you live in an apartment or can't afford an acoustic, then get a digital.

#434184 - 05/01/08 05:07 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
jasperkeys Offline

Loc: Safford, AZ
 Quote:
Samick is classed as a 4C; no wonder you prefer the digital.[/b]
Well, there you go. No wonder I'm finding this piano less than ideal. A person once offered to sell me an identical piano for $7,200 and I briefly considered it. I suppose I was taken in by the mere appearance of a "Grand Piano". I mean, in our minds they are the ideal piano but I'm glad I didn't take him up on his offer for this particular type of piano anyway. It just doesn't have a good sound to my ears. Thanks very much, BruceD for providing the rating.

#434185 - 05/02/08 02:25 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

There's no reason not to prefer a digital over a complete disaster of a real piano, but that doesn't mean that they are two variations of the same thing; they aren't. A real piano and a digital device pretending as hard as it can to be a real piano are not the same thing.

#434186 - 05/02/08 03:34 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.
 Quote:
Originally posted by wr:
A real piano and a digital device pretending as hard as it can to be a real piano are not the same thing.
Whew! wr must be coming off a long range acid trip from the "Summer of Love". Jerry Garcia, John Cipolina (Quicksilver), Grace Slick and ... the envelope please... Bill Graham (remember the Fillmore West?) even knew the difference between a real piano and a digital device.

And on to Anna Russell, "I'm not making this up, you know!"

But humour aside, your post seems rather tiresomely obvious.

#434187 - 05/02/08 04:28 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bachfan39:

The bottom line is, I think one should have a digital AND a grand, if possible. If only one instrument is possible, then make it an acoustic. If you live in an apartment or can't afford an acoustic, then get a digital. [/b]
Bachfan39 - your entire post was excellent summarizing the advantages and disadvantages of acoustic vs. digital (and nice "bottom line" too).

I have a Yamaha CVP-301 DP at home which has a fairly good weighted key action and a very nice "grand piano" voice which I would always want to have for it's advantages (recording, built-in accompaniment soundtracks, simulated instrument voices, etc.) - but I would love to have an acoustic grand also for it's one-of-a-kind sound and feel (I sometimes play an old, reconditioned, but always well-tuned Steinway at church and it's always such a unique and remarkable and delightful experience).

Regards, JF

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

#434188 - 05/02/08 04:46 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
BeowulfX Offline

Well to me, digitals do offer certain advantages as mentioned already by the others who have posted earlier. It does have certain applications/uses for each piano-player.

1) A particular feature I like in digitals would have to be the connectivity option. If you want to connect it to a good pair of loud speakers for a bigger venue of your performance all you need to do is have the necessary cables and hook it up to a good set of loud speakers and do some minor adjustments to any equalizer settings.

> This can be a bit tedious and a little expensive when using acoustic grands or even uprights. You'd need good condenser microphones placed in correct positions and distances, possibly an equalizer and a mixer plus the adjustments that are needed.

2) Another feature is the recorder functions of digitals. If I wanted, say, to record my piano-playing I can either do it by simply using the built-in recorder function of a DP or have the sound coursed through the LINE OUT ports straight into a PC's soundcard LINE-IN for recording (using an AUDIO-recording software).

Of course, you can also record your performance when using acoustic grands but the thing is, you'd have to factor in the surrounding noise/ambient sound (a neigbhor shouting, a car passing by etc.).

With a digital, its recording function can reduce other unnecessary noises and even possibly audible noises due to a not-so-well maintained acoustic piano.

> Perhaps the only concern in digitals would probably be the humming sound/static sound that may be evident in the LINE-OUT connection in certain cases.

3) If you are an arranger as well, the built-in 2-track recorders/sequencers (or more) that usually come with mid-to-high end digital pianos can make it easy for you to "preview" or hear your arrangements before you finally decide to give out the finished product (probably a sheet music for the strings section, brass section etc.) to other instrumentalists for performing/practising.

In other words, you don't need to wait for the next day when the other instrumentalists arrive just so you could hear if the blending of instruments based on your arrangement/notations would sound satisfactory or not...you can preview it right away.

4) Quick, on the spot, hassle-free transpositions are possible depending on the feature of a digital piano

5) Tuning is not needed. Pitch adjustment is possible with a few clicks of a button.

6) Playing late nights and early morning is a definite advantage in digitals. No more angry neighbors or waking up your kids early during early morning practice. All you need is a good pair of headphones.

However, digitals too have flaws:

1) It can sometimes "drown" inconsistencies in your execution of passages/scales due to the "reverb" effect that is a common feature of digitals...these things may be noticeable when using acoustic pianos...because of this I turn-off reverb when playing classical music so I could clearly hear whether I still need to polish up that segment or I really nailed it this time around.

2) Furthermore, the "feel" of the keys of acoustic pianos when you step on the sustain pedal is obviously not evident on the keys of digitals if you depress their sustain pedal.

3) You probably can't play a digital during electricity interruptions, unless you have a good power generator in your house. With an acoustic piano (grand or upright), you can obviously play piano even when there's no electricity.

4) A good well-maintained acoustic piano may last you many years...in times it might cause you to change certain parts or strings that were broken...but a digital piano's parts (depending on when it was manufactured) may no longer be available several years from now and the simulated hammer mechanisms may not be as durable as that of a good quality acoustic grand piano.

5) Due to more samples being done per note, increased dynamics is made possible in digitals. However, this may mask a flaw in one's technique. Often times, it "appears" that one has good dynamics when using digitals but when he/she starts playing on acoustic pianos, some of the dynamics are lost.

I'm sure there would be some who'd be disaggreeing with my statements/opinion, but, at least, to me, this is how I view "digital vs acoustic pianos".

Playing and having both is probably a good thing...since you get to enjoy the best of both worlds.

However, given a scenario wherein I was made to choose between a high-end, top-of-the line, full-featured, one-man-band digital piano and the best acoustic medium/concert grand piano that money can possibly buy...I'd still choose the acoustic grand piano hands down. NOTHING beats the real thing Come to think of it...piano grand masters both in the past and present were "made" or "born" out of acoustic grands \:D
PX-5S PC361 PX-320 Graphite 49 Pianoteq 4.5-Standard+Bluethner EWQL Symphonic Orchestra & some additional VSTi X1222FX B1030A KS40A DAW: AMD PhIIx4 16GB DDR3 1TB+1TB+120GB-SSD Audiobox E-MU XMIDI 2x2 Sonar 8 Pearl Acoustic Drumset
Contemplating on: Yamaha MOXF6, Korg Kronos X61 or Roland FA-06

#434189 - 05/02/08 08:53 AM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
Minaku Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Atlanta
I have been spoiled by playing on my Baldwin R since I was 16, so I'll always take a grand piano over a digital. I've gotten to sample quite a few and the Roland line is the best, and if it ever got to a point that I needed to practice and I didn't want to leave home and it was late, I would go shell out some money for a Roland digital.

Still, digital pianos don't even hold a candle to my grand. I do tell students, however, who are very leery over buying a used upright, that a digital is a good way to go. They have Casios, Clavinovas, and Rolands, and for the most part they're happy with them. They haven't been to my house yet, heh.

New website up: http://www.studioplumpiano.com. Also on Twitter @QQitsMina

#434190 - 05/02/08 01:39 PM Re: Ever prefer a digital piano over a grand?
BruceD Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BeowulfX:
1) A particular feature I like in digitals would have to be the connectivity option. If you want to connect it to a good pair of loud speakers for a bigger venue of your performance all you need to do is have the necessary cables and hook it up to a good set of loud speakers and do some minor adjustments to any equalizer settings.

> This can be a bit tedious and a little expensive when using acoustic grands or even uprights. You'd need good condenser microphones placed in correct positions and distances, possibly an equalizer and a mixer plus the adjustments that are needed.

[/b]
I've seen and heard many grands in pretty big venues, yet I've never seen the "need" to hook up an acoustic grand to an amplification system.

Regards,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
56 registered (ando, Bigvalbio, bennevis, Alex Hernandez, Atrys, Akshay, 13 invisible), 1086 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153598 Topics
2251182 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Easter Themed Recordings - Kawai CA95
by wolferblade
Today at 04:55 AM
First recordings - Some music for Easter
by wolferblade
Today at 01:01 AM
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
Today at 12:04 AM
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission