2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (brennbaer, Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,866 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#458767 04/04/06 03:41 AM
B
biska Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
B
A friend of mine is Hungarian. While he was in Hungary last month, he bought a lot of cheap sheet music, urtext editions by Köneman. Köneman in Hungary are closing down, and they are basically trying to "get rid" of all of their sheet music by selling it cheap.
He offered me a box with all of Mozarts solo piano works (four books), for about 135 dollars, and I'm wondering if its worth bying. The problem is that he didn't want me to open the box and to take a look at the sheet music, he wanted me to be sure about buying it. Now, my experiences with Hungarian sheet music in general is that its not very accurate, but on the other hand, this is an urtext edition.
Does anyone else have this Mozart book? Or other Köneman sheet music? Do you think it's worth buying?

M
M
sounds like a lucky dip- buyer beware!

"musical training is a more potent instrument than any other because rhythym and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul" -Plato
K
K
yes, i can highly recommend them. but 135$ ???
much too expensive. here in germany könemann sheet music is pretty cheap. i 've bought beethovens complete works for solo piano - seven hardback books in a box for about 29euro (~36$ ?).
könemann sheet music makes up at least 50 per cent off my complete sheet music collection smile
have a look at
Könemann Sheet Music .
unfortunately, that is a new edition - and they have minimized their collection.
the old edition was quite a treasure.
i have collected balakirevs, lyadovs, haydns, beethovens and griegs complete solo piano works - each book for about 4 Euro / 4,8 $ except for haydn, grieg and beethoven which i have bought as a complete box.
they have a nice layout, and yes - it is Urtext plus critical report (at least the old edition).
my vote goes for könemann wink

B
biska Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
B
you are right, its too expensive... I'll see if I can get a better price. I think the sheet music he wanted to sell was from the old edition, but I'm not sure. It had a different layout than the sheet music from Könemans site.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
It's WAY too expensive. I've seen the same set online for about 40 euros.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
That's WAY too much. I think it should be max. about 40-50 euros/dollars.

Actually I bought a set of complete piano works (7 books, 3 Sonata books, 2 Variation books, 1 Klavierstücke/other minor works book, 1 Bagatelles book) for just 30 euros! Also published by Könemann.

And I saw sets of Grieg's lyrische stücke and Haydn Sonatas (? or Mozart?) for just 20 euros.

Kawai ES-110

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is never enough for music."
-Sergei Rachmaninoff.
K
K
Originally posted by lol_nl:
And I saw sets of Grieg's lyrische stücke and Haydn Sonatas (? or Mozart?) for just 20 euros.
thats right.
i bought both of them for 20 euros

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Way TOO expensive. I have a bundle that I got when these were first available in the US. Regardless the thickness of the volume each book was charged a flat rate at $7.95US. The quality is far better than I expected. I still have them and treasure these a lot.

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission