Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
122 registered (Anita Potter, anamnesis, alans, 40 invisible), 1618 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 21 of 26 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 >
Topic Options
#1900152 - 05/20/12 09:19 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Damon]
Ozgur Offline

Loc: Turkey
Originally Posted By: Damon
Originally Posted By: Ozgur

Successes in various international competitions including the second prize in the 17th International Brahms Competition.

And I enjoyed the Brahms on your Youtube channel. I hope you post more and welcome to Piano World.

Thanks Damon,

I dislike my recordings after some time. I used to have many more uploads on youtube but deleted them regularly when I began to consider them "not finished" or "not enough".

I have just listened to the intermezzo after several months and again, I don't like it. The 32s and the dynamics should be more even. The middle sections is okey though...

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#1905121 - 05/29/12 03:57 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Greener Offline

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014

Loc: Toronto
Hello, I just came across this forum, joined, and am looking forward to participating. I have played on and off most of life (since age of 12 or so.) My father was professional pianist (clasically trained)of big band era. I picked up a few things from him -- deceased now for many years --, but never learned to read particularly well. But I have lots of old scores for anyone interested.

Recently, in the last year or so (I'm 52 now) I have rekindled my interest and have been trying to strengthen repertoire. The most success I have had very recently has been with youtube tutorials, believe it or not. Most recent projects (all from YouTube) are: Come Rain or Come Shine, Schindler's List Theme, Forest Gump Theme, Tenderly.

If interested, let me know and I can share tutorials I used for learning and (sometimes others for) arrangements.

I do not have any kind of set up (yet) for recording and participating in recitals, so interested in learning more about this too.

Anyway, glad to find this forum and I am looking forward to participating, and keen on learning.

Jeff in Toronto, Canada

#1905769 - 05/30/12 10:04 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
emilypianist89 Offline

Hi! I am in new member! My name is Emily. I am currently working on a Master's in Piano Performance and I also teach piano. I love music! Playing piano has always been a passion for me!

#1908369 - 06/04/12 05:56 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
MarblePiano Offline

Hi, I am Ashley. I took lessons from one teacher when I was six, had my first recital when I was eight, and then started with a different teacher when I was twelve. I stopped lessons when I was 15 and I am taking lessons again at 21 with a third teacher.
I would love to make a career of piano, but I don't know how financially stable that type of degree is. I think if I didn't take that break I would be at a skill level to audition for a major or minor degree at my university.
I play violin at an early intermediate level (that is to say I don't squeak anymore...much). I am also learning classical singing through my university.
I have a cute little acoustic upright, but I would like to get a grand as soon as possible.
I like the forums so far. smile

#1908750 - 06/05/12 11:10 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
billrogersandiego Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca
Hello my name is Bill Ligon and I have been learning a new piece called Etudes Artistisque by Benjamin Goddard. I told my teacher that I wanted to play octaves really fast so he suggested this piece. As an adult pianist, I have always wanted to memorize but for some reason I could not - after reading many books on memorization I have made some progress. The key is to memorize the piece and then learn it, HANDS ALONE. Gieseking, my piano teachers teacher memorized the left hand first of every piece he played. This is my life's work, now that I am retired. Hello to everyone.

#1909187 - 06/06/12 04:48 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
bachelis Offline

Loc: MI, USA
Hi! My name is Daniel, and I have been playing for most of my life. I joined this site so that could help people play the piano by sharing my vast knowledge with others. I have received a masters in piano pedagogy from MSU, and I also am a dueling pianist as well.

Thus, I play Billy Joel, and Elton John, but also, Beethoven, and Liszt.

Looking forward to participate in anyway I can. :-)

Be sure to subscribe to my personal blog too, if you like, I do have an E-mail newsletter

Daniel Bachelis

#1910286 - 06/08/12 12:48 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
williamraym Offline

Hi, I'm a new member here. smile

I am a beginner at piano and I am teaching my self to play the piano, and hopefully this piano community could help me learn more about the piano. smile

#1915488 - 06/18/12 11:23 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
merkhywaters Offline

Loc: USA
Hello Piano World!

I am here to talk some piano! I am a medical student who has been playing the piano now for ~14 years, though a good number of years in there were wasted due to lack of practice. Practice can still be an issue--life is busy! At any rate, I'm just a geeky music guy who plays the piano when he can.

Right now I'm finishing up Chopin Nocturne Op.55 No.2 and my last few Bach two-part Inventions (Nos.5,6,7). I'm looking forward to learning more Beethoven. I worked through all of Sonata 6, Op.10 No.2 and just started Sonata 9, Op.14 No.1 (I learned Mvmt.1 only).

I like the idea of learning sets of pieces--like all the Bach two-part Inventions. I aspire to some day tackle a bigger chunk of Bach and really wrap my head around counterpoint. Maybe someday I'll be able to approach the Goldberg Variations...sigh.

I really like just listening to piano music too. Oddly enough, my interest is really focused on romanticism with some contemporary music, Beethoven's more classical works, and Bach. Weird mix, but it makes me happy.

#1915666 - 06/19/12 10:39 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
G.Lopez Offline

hello everyone! laugh

my name is gerry, (well, its a short for my full middle name but whatever xP)i've been playing piano for about 6 years now. I have a yamaha ypg 625 (i learned just about everything i know on that keyboard, aside from my teacher's baby grand :P)

i currently play for Church, I'm Catholic so we call it Mass laugh

lookin forward to learning from you guys on the forum! maybe i can offer a bit of advice too smile
-g

#1917704 - 06/23/12 12:02 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Sean_FL350 Offline

Howdy!

I am Sean. I got to know this forum because I needed some advice on buying a new piano.

I have not been seriously practicing piano for years and am really rusty in my techniques. My current piano is in a bad shape so I am not too motivated to play on it.

I am currently working on Liszt's Paganini Etude No. 6 in A minor, which is on my bucket list :-)

#1927780 - 07/16/12 10:58 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Danielsan Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I just wanted to air my grievances and I'm not sure where to do (also don't care). This has to be the worst forum on the internet. There is not one friendly person here. They're all arrogant and rude and will jump down your throat for the slightest reason. They all think they're Arthur Rubenstein incarnate and cannot handle a different in opinion at all. This is why the classical world is in such horrible shape. Because musicians are jerks.

#1927781 - 07/16/12 11:00 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Danielsan]
ScriabinAddict Offline

Originally Posted By: Danielsan
I just wanted to air my grievances and I'm not sure where to do (also don't care). This has to be the worst forum on the internet. There is not one friendly person here. They're all arrogant and rude and will jump down your throat for the slightest reason. They all think they're Arthur Rubenstein incarnate and cannot handle a different in opinion at all. This is why the classical world is in such horrible shape. Because musicians are jerks.

I think you're just a bit too sensitive, buddy.

#1927782 - 07/16/12 11:01 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: ScriabinAddict]
Danielsan Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Originally Posted By: ScriabinAddict

I think you're just a bit too sensitive, buddy.

Perfect example right here.

#1927790 - 07/16/12 11:22 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Danielsan]
FSO Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: UK, Brighton
I'm sorry you've found it so...I mean, I've felt it a fairly warm atmosphere; there are the technically precise and the jovially welcoming alike; um...I like it at least.. ^>^ Are you sure there's nothing that could revert your opinion?

#1927791 - 07/16/12 11:22 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Danielsan]
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area

They are nicer in the adult beginners forum, you could try there. Or course you are right, musicians are jerks.

p.s. Rubinstein

#1933463 - 07/28/12 02:22 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Ted Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
I have just realised with a shock that I have been on this forum for over ten years. Reading the other introductions I am struck by the immense and varied talent here and conclude I know very little about playing the piano, and next to nothing about music, either classical or jazz. The highlight of the ten years for me was the Pianoworld CD and being able to contribute to it. Even though I am neither pianist nor musician in any commonly accepted sense, and would surely fail any test of musical ability, compositions, and more recently hundreds of improvisations, most recorded, keep pouring out of me, as they have for the last five decades. I have no idea why this should be but I have gone completely berserk with it since retiring four years ago. I don't post as much as I used to, which is probably just as well, as I didn't know what I was talking about half the time.

#1933598 - 07/28/12 01:09 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
jordyzzz Offline

Hi i'm new here, i've been playing for 3 years now.. studied classic for 3 months and pop jazz about 1 year (how embarassing frown ).. Joined this forum because there are a lot of great people here who i could learn from... after studying that pop jazz, now i'm self taught myself... looking for help here from professionals laugh

#1933710 - 07/28/12 06:18 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Happy Birthday Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky, United S...
Welcome to the forum! You would learn the most from having a classical piano teacher, but I'm sure you can find out helpful things here, mostly being exposed to more classical music, musicians, and maybe some helpful practicing tips and things like that.

#1939167 - 08/08/12 04:35 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
kronion Offline

Well, after following some discussions as a passive visitor, I should maybe say hello to everyone!
As a child, I had piano lessons until I finished school and enjoyed it quite a lot. I loved it, especially accompanying others at school (violin, flute, singer).
After I moved away from my parents, I had very little opportunity to ever touch a piano, or even practice. Now, about 9 years later, there is enough room in my apartment and I got myself a digital piano to start again (Yamaha P95 - I hope it will do the job until I can afford a good one).
Well, that's my story until now. At the moment I am waking up my fingers with Schumann's lovely "Kinderszenen" op. 15, reviving some parts and learning some others from scratch. Then I hope to get back to the level of "Faschingsschwank aus Wien" (Schumann op. 26) and Schubert's Impromptus op. 90,1.
Looking back, my attitude changed quite a bit, I am now much more motivated to not just play a piece "somewhat OK", but I want to play it well and in tempo - I would have had the time for this some years ago, but better late than never smile

#1946457 - 08/20/12 10:34 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Alan W. Offline

Loc: Philadelphia area
I just joined; I'm in my mid 40s, living in the Philadelphia area.

In high school I was a piano nut, practicing endlessly every day. I even got to attend the BU Tanglewood program for a month, studying harpsichord and piano. My parents dissuaded me from pursuing music as a career (probably a good thing), and without a decent instrument close at hand, I pretty much stopped playing classical music when I went off to college. I was active in church groups and the like, but with that, marriage, three kids, etc., piano hasn't been a big part of my life. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I haven't owned a piano in over a decade.

That changed last week; I bought a mint condition Kawai KG-2 and it's going to be delivered in about a week or so. I'm incredibly excited and looking forward to playing music purely for the love of it, and helping my girls discover the world of the piano. I'm going to see about some kind of lessons to help me get back on the bench.

I'm planning on retracing my steps, starting with easy preludes and just getting a few pieces back in my head, purely for the pleasure of it.

Edited by Alan W. (08/20/12 11:18 PM)

#1957026 - 09/10/12 04:33 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Swofford Offline

Hey guys new to the forums- intermediate to advanced player here, looking to make new friends and share the love of music!

#1957041 - 09/10/12 05:01 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Kronion, Alan W. and Swofford -

Welcome aboard !!!

Don't hesitate to jump right in !!! New voices and perspectives are always appreciated here !!

#1957105 - 09/10/12 06:54 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Swofford Offline

Thanks for the welcome! I'd love to start posting some recordings soon!

#1959218 - 09/15/12 12:14 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Francisco Scalco Offline

Hey guys, my name is Francisco Scalco, i'm brazilian and i've been playing piano since i'm 3 years old. The past few years I really focused in music, practicing everyday at least 2 hours, normally 3. I'm looking here for guidance in how i can study piano without one, since i'm doing an exchange program in France (6 months)

#1959252 - 09/15/12 01:38 PM Piano notes [Re: Kreisler]
Alper Offline

Hello everyone, My name is Alper and im new here smile I need the sheet music of a video, i tried to do it by my ears, but im not so good on it, its only 35 second, can anyone help me please ? Heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvqB4XnP79A&feature=related Need sheet music of it (i mean piano notes, sry for my English) Thanks for any help, im really tired while trying to get it... smile

Edited by Alper (09/15/12 01:39 PM)

#1959348 - 09/15/12 06:31 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Gavbrown Offline

Gavin Brown here, pianist and composer, just joined, hello all!

#1960594 - 09/18/12 10:23 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
RolfP Offline

Loc: Madison, WI, US
Hello!

My name is Alexv Rolfe. I'm a conservatory trained percussionist and an amateur piano player. I'm working free lance in the Madison area and also will be trained as a barista in the coming weeks ( a right of passage! )
I'm starting to get back into playing keys a bit, just for my own benefit. I played all through high school and then promptly stopped as I entered college, focusing all my time on my studies. Now I'm just trying to regain some lost ground at a casual pace.
My main interests are in the very old and very new musics, so I'm hoping to tackle some Scarlatti, Buxtehude, and some of the Schoenberg Op. 19 in the next year or so. I'm also arranging Debussy's Images, Bk. 1 for marimba duet smile maybe I'll post that if I can get a partner in crime to help me out.

Looking forward to participating in all the stimulating discussions I've seen here!

#1968785 - 10/04/12 04:36 PM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
im@me Offline

Hi i am also new and am rather young, specifying my age age could get me some unwanted attention!, currently I am studying beethoven's sonata in E major, his rondo op.51, debussy's gradus et parnassum, my first bach prelude and fugue, book 1, c minor, I am also studying all of Bartoks childrens book, and last but not least; Chopin nocturne in F minor op.55 no.1 (I am not yet 14

#1969352 - 10/06/12 06:25 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
PianoManChuck Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Hi everyone! I'm new here, but not new to the piano (either acoustic or digital). Don't know how I didn't find this site before, but here I am.

My name is Chuck (AKA PianoManChuck) and while piano isn't my main bread & butter, I'd like it to be! I own a small business in Los Angeles, play piano in the lobby of a medical building once/week as part of their "acoustic remedies" program, write (compose) music and submit it for film & tv consideration, and put a lot of my music on my Youtube channel (also PianoManChuck).

I have perfect pitch, a near audiographic memory, and play what I hear... I guess you call that "by ear". Been doing that all my life. I do not read music notation anymore in that there's no need for that. Was classically trained from ages 6 thru 15 but that was a different lifetime ago. Bottom line... while others find other ways to keep busy, its piano for me!

I have a Baldwin baby grand piano, and several digital pianos (2 of them are high end). I prefer the digital ones.

That's it for now. Again..... "Hi"!

#1975033 - 10/18/12 06:20 AM Re: New Visitors and Lurkers Please Read... [Re: Kreisler]
Talitha Hardjuno Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia.
Hi guys! I'm new here! I feel stupid for not knowing about this site earlier, it could have helped me a lot with my study in music! Well, here I am.. My name is Talitha Hardjuno, I'm 17 years old. I'm currently working on Chopin Op 62 No 2, Chopin Op 10 No 5, Bach WTC 1 No 6 in d minor. Great to be a part of this! laugh

Page 21 of 26 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 25 26 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!

Trade Regrets:
Barry "Bear" Arnaut

(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Harmonic Analysis
by musicpassion
11/24/14 08:57 PM
Best Way to Clean Keys on an Acoustic?
by newbert
11/24/14 07:51 PM
Interesting Thesis comparing popular methods
by kcoul058
11/24/14 07:30 PM
As a teacher would this irritate you?
by pianosNpreschooler
11/24/14 07:13 PM
What do you play for?
by findingnemo2010
11/24/14 07:07 PM
Forum Stats
77031 Members
42 Forums
159327 Topics
2340434 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission