Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#482768 - 10/16/01 01:54 PM Evgeny Kissin
CrashTest Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I saw the Kissin recital at the SUNY performance center in NY last sunday, and it was an excellent experience! He played about 4 encores to the enthusiastic audience; I even met him and got his autograph after the recital! \:\)

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#482769 - 10/16/01 02:49 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Mat D. Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan
CrashTest---I'm going to see him next week (also saw him 2 years ago) at Hill auditorium in Ann Arbor MI.

It's interesting, i read last week that when asked about the music scores for his music, Kissin replied, he does not bring them on the road with him, that all the music is in his head--I hate that guy!!!

Mat D.

#482770 - 10/16/01 03:32 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Amy Offline

Loc: Upstate New York
Where is the SUNY place that you saw him at?

#482771 - 10/16/01 10:21 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

Loc: Cape Cod, MA, USA
Ah, I'm seeing Evgeny "Kissing" tomorrow in Boston at Symphony Hall! Whoo hoo. It's going to rock. I'll be the only one headbanging.

I'm meeting him after the show, I'll post some pictures here tomorrow night.

Zeldah

[ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: ZeldaHanson ]

The problem begins when one forgets the artificiality of it all, when one neglects to pay homage to those designations that to our minds-to our reflect senses, perhaps-make of music an analyzable commodity. The trouble begins when we start to become so impressed by the strategies of ours systematized thought that we forget that it does relate to an obverse, that it is hewn from negation, that it is but a very small security against the void of negation which surrounds it.

#482772 - 10/17/01 12:47 AM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Anita Offline

Loc: California, USA
I had no idea Kissin is having a concert tour in the US. Where can I get his concert schedule, is it on the internet somewhere? Do you know if he'll be having a recital in Southern California anytime soon? Thank you.

#482773 - 10/17/01 07:39 AM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Mike Pappadakis Offline

Loc: Doylestown, PA
Anita,

A link to his tour schedule for the remainder of 2001.
http://www.sonyclassical.com/artists/kissin/

Regards,
Mike

#482774 - 10/20/01 07:11 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Allen Offline

Loc: Detroit Michigan
I would love to see him also live. I bought a DVD of his called Evgeny Kissin "The Gift Of Music" A Christopher Nupen Film. I never get tired of watching this DVD. I think he is really a master musician. Does anyone know of any other DVDs or video cassets that he has that are available now? I really get inspired every time I watch that film.
Regards:
Allen

#482775 - 10/21/01 11:35 AM Re: Evgeny Kissin
magnezium Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Singapore
ZeldaH: it's been many nights already, where are those photos u promised? \:\)

#482776 - 10/21/01 12:25 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

Ha well only one of the photos came out, and thats of me with Evgeny.

But the photo is so bad that I don't even look human in it! If you still would like to see this horrible and humiliating picture, I will post it... Haha. Just request it.

I took photos of him on stage when he was done playing, but those came out so dark that one can't make out anything in them.

The problem begins when one forgets the artificiality of it all, when one neglects to pay homage to those designations that to our minds-to our reflect senses, perhaps-make of music an analyzable commodity. The trouble begins when we start to become so impressed by the strategies of ours systematized thought that we forget that it does relate to an obverse, that it is hewn from negation, that it is but a very small security against the void of negation which surrounds it.

#482777 - 10/21/01 08:53 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Amy Offline

Loc: Upstate New York
Post it!!!

#482778 - 10/21/01 10:01 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

Feel free to laugh. I won't be offended. Here's me and Evgeny:
http://www.hanson.net/users/zeldah/Evgenyme.jpg

To recover from that picture, here's a picture of me at my piano which I like alot better.
http://www.hanson.net/users/zeldah/Mepiano.jpg

#482779 - 10/21/01 10:52 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Anita Offline

Loc: California, USA
thanks for the pix.

#482780 - 10/22/01 06:25 AM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

You're awesomely welcome.

:p

#482781 - 10/22/01 10:55 AM Re: Evgeny Kissin
magnezium Offline
500 Post Club Member

thankz for posting those... now we know what you look like! haha... \:\)

#482782 - 10/22/01 04:33 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by magnezium:
thankz for posting those... now we know what you look like! haha... \:\)[/b]

Har dee harrr

#482783 - 10/22/01 05:20 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Groton, NH
Nothing to laugh at there, ZeldaHanson, they're both charming. You know the old addage, we're our own worst critics.

#482784 - 10/22/01 05:21 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Bernard Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Groton, NH
Oh, BTW, how much time did you get to spend with Evgeny? Was it just a quick meeting or did you get to talk to him about playing?

#482785 - 10/22/01 06:46 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
Allen Offline

Loc: Detroit Michigan
Zelda! The second photo you posted is dated 1994 on it! Commmme on. Post a recent photo of yourself so we can see what you look like now!!! I am just kidding. I think you look nice in both photographs, but I would agree with you, I like the second one better also. Like Bernard said, "We are our worst critics." I take it you use to watch "The Honeymooners" with Jackee Gleeson, "har-de-har-har" Or maybe not, your to young for that show. Anyway... thanks for posting those photos. Maybe you can use a computer program like like "Microsoft Picture it" to lighten the photos that did not come out? You would be surprised what some of these programs can do to fix photos. Just a thought.
Regards:
Allen

#482786 - 10/22/01 08:10 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

Not even Adobe Photoshop could fix the other photos. I work with graphics all day; I'm a web designer. I still couldn't do anything with them.

The photo is recent, my camera just has the wrong date programmed in. The photo was taken a couple months ago. I still look the same, and have had my pink hair for 3 years. :p But this one is even more recent. http://www.hanson.net/users/zeldah/romeo.jpg

I spent much time with Evgeny and his piano teacher, Anna. I think Anna was weirded out by me though. At first they both thought I was a punk kid. But they had quite the opposite perception our conversation. :rolleyes:

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: ZeldaHanson ]

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: ZeldaHanson ]

#482787 - 10/22/01 09:23 PM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

Forgot to say I've never seen the honeymooners, and it's not because I'm too young. That's almost like saying that I'm too young to play Beethoven. (which doesn't make sense haha) Anyway, my favorite show is I Love Lucy. That's pretty darn old. =0)
I don't really focus on modern Tv shows...except Roswell.

#482788 - 10/23/01 05:34 AM Re: Evgeny Kissin
magnezium Offline
500 Post Club Member

I Love Lucy! That's a show I used to watch a lot... until they stopped showing it on TV here to make way for the likes of Buffy...

#482789 - 10/23/01 09:11 AM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

Oops, I meant to say quite the opposite perception AFTER our conversation.

Blah Blah BLAH

Here's an Evgeny Kissin pic http://www.evgenykissin.net/img2/brahms.jpg

#482790 - 10/23/01 09:12 AM Re: Evgeny Kissin
ZeldaHanson Offline

Glenn Gould was MUCH cuter. \:\)

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
97 registered (36251, Allard, aesop, Al LaPorte, Abby Pianoman, 28 invisible), 1018 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75969 Members
42 Forums
157106 Topics
2307303 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Does it get easier?
by Pover
08/28/14 07:10 AM
Correct fingering
by johan d
08/28/14 06:50 AM
An update on Ethan Hawke's docu about Seymour Bernstein
by music32
08/28/14 04:36 AM
Tuning the 7th octave
by AaronM
08/28/14 01:29 AM
Some Swan Lake
by harpon
08/28/14 12:53 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission