2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (bcalvanese, 20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 10 invisible), 1,930 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
tom s Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Has anyone had success in recovering totally from Carpal tunnel or tennis elbow or golfers elbow. I started going to a chiropractor and his is doing an alignment to adjust my neck and shoulder, and ultra sound treatment on my elbow to break down old scar tissue. I realize I have some habits which are causing tension but has anyone had success with ultra sound and a chiropractor and is it necessary to continue to see one after you get where your pain is gone. Thanks Tom

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I've been struggling with neck pain for 5 years or so. An episode whereby I couldn't turn my head got me into a chiro for the first time. It was wonderful... I continue to go and now just go when I feel the pain and stiffness coming on. If I let it go, the elbow and wrist nerves start to act up.

Stretching all the large muscles surronding can really help, back, shoulders, arms. A session with the massage therapist worked wonders. My goal is to strengthen them so that less stress is placed on the delicate joints. Yoga helps this alot.

Best of luck to you

OHHMMMMMMMM

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
S
S
Hi! Here is an exercise that is definitely worth trying:

The Wrist Twist:

This stretch relieves carpal tunnel, elbow pain, and hand pain. It should be done when there is discomfort in these areas or once a week to keep the arms in good condition. The stretch improves the strength in the hands and arms by incresing bloodflow.

Take a baseball bat, tennis racket, golf club, mop, broom, etc. that can be held vertically. Hold the item between your kneees so that it will not turn. Next, grab the object and extend your arm until your elbow is straight. Use a pouring motion (in otherwords, twist the elbow to the inside) until there is a slight strain on the forearm and hand. Hold the pressure constant for approximately 30 seconds to a minute. Repeat with the other arm.

Hope this helps!!! smile

~From beginning to end, the complete process of learning a new piece is purely enchanting.~

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission