2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, 11 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by MMSGA:
Originally posted by kesterlucille:
[b] Ok, so if there is a connection between circumcision and being gay, how do women become lesbians??

Are we concluding in this discussion that lesbians are not musical? I think that's rather offensive to lesbians!
Female circumcision, by logical extension. I'll ask my sister. She's so butch she makes John Wayne look positively flaming smile [/b]
Yes, females can be circumcised:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=safari&rls=en&q=define%3Afemale+circumcision&btnG=Search

Sam
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Did that say, "Exorcism of the Clitoris?" eek

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Derulux:
Did that say, "Exorcism of the Clitoris?" eek
Only if the operation was performed on a witch.

"Excision" is the right term, I believe. wink

Sam
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by lemoncoke:
http://www.league-ncr.com/library/history/heritage2.html

I found this link accidentally.........but I still can't believe Chopin is gay..... confused
Who said Chopin was gay? He may have gone through a certain amount of adolescent sexual ambivalence, but as an adult he liked women quite a lot. He had a 10 year relation with a woman. She went by the pen name of "George Sand," but she was definitely female, real name "Aurore Dupin."

Slow down and do it right.
[Linked Image]
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
On his way from Poland to France, when he was 20, Chopin stopped along the way to do business with a young girl named Theresa: he gave her money, and she gave him syphilis. What a deal.

Sam
M
M
Originally posted by Frycek:
[b] http://www.league-ncr.com/library/history/heritage2.html

I found this link accidentally.........but I still can't believe Chopin is gay..... confused
Who aid Chopin was gay? He may have gone through a certain amount of adolescent sexual ambivalence, but as an adult he liked women quite a lot. He had a 10 year relation with a woman. She went by the pen name of "George Sand," but she was definitely female, real name "Aurore Dupin." [/b]
Devil's Advocate...

George Sand dressed like a man, and liked to behave in a masculine manner. Is it possible that Chopin was unconsciously attracted to this? He is then dating a biological woman, but intellectually atracted to her masculinity. Best of both world's, one could argue..

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by pianojerome:
On his way from Poland to France, when he was 20, Chopin stopped along the way to do business with a young girl named Theresa: he gave her money, and she gave him syphilis. What a deal.
It is unlikely that it was syphillis, it was probably gonnorhea. Syphillis manifests itself symptomatically later and is much more serious. In Chopin's time it would eventually kill you after driving you insane. Gonnorhea (for a guy) is more of a nuisance
ailment, manifests itself quickly and was self limiting even in the 19th century. It is more serious in women and can cause "Pelvic Inflammatory Disease" (PID) which is what almost killed Josephine Baker.

[Linked Image]
P
P
weird-a*ss thread all the way through

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
[b] On his way from Poland to France, when he was 20, Chopin stopped along the way to do business with a young girl named Theresa: he gave her money, and she gave him syphilis. What a deal.
It is unlikely that it was syphillis, it was probably gonnorhea.[/b]
At least she didn't give him diarrhea.

(Strange thread, indeed! :p )

Sam
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
[b]
[b] On his way from Poland to France, when he was 20, Chopin stopped along the way to do business with a young girl named Theresa: he gave her money, and she gave him syphilis. What a deal.
It is unlikely that it was syphillis, it was probably gonnorhea.[/b]

He got that on Majorca. :p
(Strange thread, indeed! :p ) [/b]

[Linked Image]
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
That's too bad. Diarrhea's a pain in the butt.

Sam
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
[b]
[b] http://www.league-ncr.com/library/history/heritage2.html

Who aid Chopin was gay? He may have gone through a certain amount of adolescent sexual ambivalence, but as an adult he liked women quite a lot. He had a 10 year relation with a woman. She went by the pen name of "George Sand," but she was definitely female, real name "Aurore Dupin." [/b]
Devil's Advocate...

George Sand dressed like a man, and liked to behave in a masculine manner. Is it possible that Chopin was unconsciously attracted to this? He is then dating a biological woman, but intellectually atracted to her masculinity. Best of both world's, one could argue.. [/b]
They certainly complemented each other. George Sand dressed in women's clothing when she wanted to be athletic (she was an excellent horsewoman)or make a statement. She had been half raised by an eccentric tutor who treated her and her half-brother exactly alike. He treated them both like boys. The undeniable reality of her femininity once she reached puberty must've been very irksome to her. In spite of the fact that she dressed in masculine clothing and smoked cigars (aspects of her behavior Chopin found irritating) she was a well bred French aristocrat, and in manner she was said to be very quiet, soft voiced, lady like and demure. She was also petite and plump and very maternal. She definitely had her feminine side. As for her "masculine" side, Chopin admired her intellect and her sense of humor. He liked her strength, competence, strong will and directness of purpose as well since it was such a contrast to his own physical frailty, emotion lability and ambivalence.

[Linked Image]
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
That's too bad. Diarrhea's a pain in the butt.
Rancid olive oil and pig fat -- yuck!

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Devil's Advocate...

George Sand dressed like a man, and liked to behave in a masculine manner. Is it possible that Chopin was unconsciously attracted to this? He is then dating a biological woman, but intellectually atracted to her masculinity. Best of both world's, one could argue..
I never agreed with the logic of that perspective (which I've heard elsewhere too). I've known plenty of gay men, and never have I found them expressing attraction to masculine women (ie, butch lesbians). Quite the opposite, they often date feminine men, and ogle masculine men. And as a straight male, I dont find myself being lured toward feminine men with womanly qualities. Quite the opposite, I find that quite the turn off all the way around.

From my chair, the 'gender bender' or 'gray area' community does not offer the best of both worlds, but fails to offer the essence of either. They offer a unique blend thats different and niche. just IMO.

And please no one be offended by that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with anyone, or anyone is less than or greater than anyone else.

And I do recognize that perhaps others DO find such individuals to offer the best of both worlds. It just doesnt strike me that way tho.

I was born the year Glenn Gould stop playing concerts. Coincidence?
M
M
Originally posted by Siddhartha:
[b] Devil's Advocate...

I never agreed with the logic of that perspective (which I've heard elsewhere too). I've known plenty of gay men, and never have I found them expressing attraction to masculine women (ie, butch lesbians). Quite the opposite, they often date feminine men, and ogle masculine men. And as a straight male, I dont find myself being lured toward feminine men with womanly qualities. Quite the opposite, I find that quite the turn off all the way around.

From my chair, the 'gender bender' or 'gray area' community does not offer the best of both worlds, but fails to offer the essence of either. They offer a unique blend thats different and niche. just IMO.

And please no one be offended by that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with anyone, or anyone is less than or greater than anyone else.

And I do recognize that perhaps others DO find such individuals to offer the best of both worlds. It just doesnt strike me that way tho. [/b]
Yes, I agree with your reasoning. I was being 'logical'..

However, societal pressures at Chopin's times were different to now, so I was trying to remove current sociology.
Ultimately, I sense that you are, in the majority, correct...

A gay friend of mine once said that he wants a man, and not a man being a girl. If he wanted a girl, he'd get the real thing...

Also, I think the essence of this thread is based on the sterotypical nonsense of gay guys being 'artsy' and 'emotional', whereas straight guys don't react to their own...

A doomed thread from the beginning... smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
[/qb]

Hmmmm, die-aria, isn't that the last aria the soprano sings before she dies?

Some men are music lovers. Others make love without it.
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
"Hmm...was it fatal?"
"Yes."
"How fatal?"
"Completely..."
"Ah!"

wink

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by Derulux:
"Hmm...was it fatal?"
"Yes."
"How fatal?"
"Completely..."
"Ah!"

wink
Lawyer to pathologist:
"How many autopsies have you performed on dead people?"
Pathologist to lawyer:
"All my autopsies are on dead people.

[Linked Image]
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
[QUOTE]A gay friend of mine once said that he wants a man, and not a man being a girl. If he wanted a girl, he'd get the real thing...{/QUOTE]

My gay friends say exactly the same.

[Linked Image]
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
A gay friend of mine once said that he wants a man, and not a man being a girl. If he wanted a girl, he'd get the real thing...
That's got to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard, and quite ironic, depending on how you look at it. wink

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission