This was from another list;

You're welcome, Jim. Glad the beeswax did the trick! Sometimes my fingers get a little hot and bothered by all the rubbing, but it doesn't last, and the beeswax effect does. The beeswax has gotten two pianists very happy (the second overcame his doubts after the first raved about my beeswax to him), both times just a few minutes before concerts. They are SO relieved when they've been fighting slickness to feel some grip under their fingertips. It seems equally good on ivory or plastic keytops.

It's something I can do to concert rental pianos, too, since with careful rubbing there's no way to tell I've been there. One can be quite subtle about it, doing just enough for the artist, but not enough to attract the attention of any "piano police".

I'm not partial to hairspray or sandpaper -- I imagine one leaving nasty lacquer on the keys, and the other scratching the ivory - and ivory is too nice to mess up, especially these days.

Best,
Sssssnnn

Thanks Susan!

I had some beeswax here and it worked well. You’re right about “varying amounts”. From “still a bit slick” to a regular flytrap… He’s going to try it out tomorrow.

I tried some hairspray (on a different piano) and it didn’t seem to do much. Maybe the brand isn’t right. I’ve heard some pianists spray their fingers with it.

Regards,
Jim
Hathaway Pines,Ca