2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,220 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Eepu Offline OP
OP Offline
Now, I found that I like the sound and touch of Kawai professional upright. According to many forum users, Kawai K-5o sounds real good piano. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any K-50 around this area dealer shop. I liked most of Kawai I tried, K-25, NS-20, and KS5F.

Would it be O.K. to order K-50 without trying? or Should I wait and try it before I sign the paper?

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
If this is the only way, perhaps yes.

Kawai uprights don't differ all that much from each other, and being a very decent quality piano from a respectable maker, one wouldn't think to have to worry too much.

norbert smile

Platinum Subscriber
Platinum Subscriber
I agree with Norbert, but I would ask for a transferable agreement, IOW, if this K50 is unusual, you can get some other piano.

Good Luck,

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
R
R
Hi, I have a K50, and I do think it would be worth your while to play before you buy. Great piano, but I've noticed that they are all a bit different in regards to tone and power.

Rob

S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
I got to play a new K-50 several weeks back and it certainly is a nice piano. However I would want to play the one I was buying before cutting the check. The bass on the one I play was muffled and really in need of some work. I like Kawai and I think they make a nice product.

What kind of prices have you seen?. The one I played had a sticker price of 5900 but that was before any negotiation.

Regards,
Steve

"The true character of a man can be determined by witnessing what he does when no one is watching".

anon
Eepu Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for all your advice... smile

I hoped that I was able to play the piano before I made a final decision. But the dealer didn't have K-50 currently, and he would order one if I decided to buy it.

After long thought, I decided to order it. I trust the name of the company and cross my fingers to get the one with sound and touch I like. The price I paied was 4,600 including tax, delivery and first tuning. Is it a good deal?

I'm very excited about this piano. It will be here in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait.

Buy the way, when is the good time for the first tuning? Some dealer says 3-4 days after the delivery and some says a month after. Getting little confused...

Once again, thanks all!!

S
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
S
Congratulations, I am sure you are going to be very happy. Not to mention the fact you did very well on price as far as I am concerned.

Regarding the first tuning, I will let others with more experience get back to you on that topic but I would wait a few weeks. In the mean time get hold of a humidistat so that you can get an idea of the humidity in the room you are going to place the piano. If you can't locate one post back here or send me a mail and I will give you the site where I bought mine.

Have fun,
Steve

"The true character of a man can be determined by witnessing what he does when no one is watching".

anon

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission