2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, accordeur, 11 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
In The Village Store
Roaming Spirits
The Pieceful Town

Here are three very short compositions that I made for a video game that a friend and I want to eventually make sometime. They are short, they are not exactly my best works, but they are very nice and pleasent to listen to. Print them out and try to play them as well. They are kind of fun. I made them using sibelius, so you have to have scortch to veiw them and listen to them. You can download it for free from the website.

For off-topic discussion, please feel free to visit www.coffee-room.com
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Very cool compositions!

What program are you guys using to make the game?

It sounds like a Zelda type game...

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
The game is only in the very early planning stages. We only just came up with the idea about a week and a half ago. We probably won't be doing any kind of programing whatsoever for atleast 2-3 years. Yes, I wanted it to be like Zelda and my friend wanted it to be like Final Fanatsy, so we are going to combine the styles of both games. ZELDA RULES!!! BEST GAME EVER!!!

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
By the way, which one did you like best?

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I liked the Peacefull village the best.

Yes Zelda is the best game !!!

I have beaten the first one for Nintendo 64.
My favorite part of the game is fishing and the horse races.

Me and my cousin also want to make a game.
I was thinking a role playing game like zelda, or something like age of empires.

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I've beaten the original Zelda game for NES, the Zelda: A Link to the Past game on SNES, the Zelda: Link's Awakening game for gameboy, and both of the games for nintendo 64. And, I've beaten each of these games multipule times. I love them!

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Oh yeah, My friend thinks that The Pieceful Town is the best one too. Actually, come to think of it, that one is even my favriote of the three!

A
A
Okay, this is majorly getting off the topic of music ( smile ) but do you HAVE to get all the masks before you can beat stalkid?

Aaron (PianistforJesus@aol.com)
jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Yes. Without the masks, your game can't progress. You'd just be stuck. I haven't played the game in a long time, but if I remember correctly, you do need all of the masks just to get to the part where you fight him in the end. As I said, your game can't progress. You CAN beat him without Majora's Mask, but that is extreamly difficult to do, so I would highly reccomend collecting that first, and for that, I do believe that you need all the masks. With Majora's mask on, however, you get less hurt when hit and do more damage to the enemy. Plus, its the only place in the game where you get to use it, and its a pretty cool mask. Anyways, what ones are you missing? I'll tell you how to get to them. Where are you at in the game? And, did you listen to my compositions and if so, did you like or dislike them? I need feedback please! Thankyou.

A
A
No, I haven't YET listened to your pieces. I don't have Sibelius, and when I tried to download Scorch my computer just didn't do anything. Didn't freeze or anything, it just sat there. I'm going to try again tonight.

As far as the masks go, my little sister is watching The Cosby Show, so I can't check to see which ones I have, but, I think I should resume that discussion over email instead of here on the piano board. smile I'll try and email you tomorrow. (Between a cello lesson, a lunch date, and a piano lesson.)

Thanks. smile

A
A
Alright, I got Scorch installed, and I listened to all three. Now, these are just MY opinions and suggestions. You can use them, modify them, or totally ditch them. After all, you're the one writing these! smile You asked for input, so here it is. (I used to do this same thing in my creative writing class. Everyone just got used to getting their papers back with red all over them)

Village Store-
I like it. I think it sets the mood that you're going for. The only thing I don't like about it is the half note in measure 5. I know that it's there to bring the phrase to a close, but you could still accomplish that without the figure completely ending. If I were writing this, I would try something in the bass part, perhaps the 16th, 16th, 8th, 8th, 8th pattern that you've already set up throughout the piece. I also would make the figure descend in pitch, which also brings about the close that you want. I really like the rolled chord at the end, though usually in video games wouldn't the piece be looped?

Roaming Spirits-
I have no suggestions. I like it the way it is. smile

The Pieceful (Peaceful?) Town-
Very nice. smile (I know it's your favorite!) The only thing I don't particularly like is the scale in measure 8. After the pseudo-pattern you've set up it seems a bit bland. I would try keeping the second group of 8ths as is, but try changing up the first group a bit. I would try something like this: A (top line) E (one ledger line below) E (third space) D (As is). (There are lots of different patterns that would work. If you decide to change it, just play around and see what you like best.)

Hope this helps, or at least gives you some other ideas. smile

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
First off, about the loop thing, I know that video game music loops, but I just wanted to close the piece. It obviously will just loop in the game, but to people who want to listen to the sound track, they will get that extra in the end. And, about The Pieceful Town, I'll try your suggestion and see what happens. Also, I've discorvered that I entered a wrong note in the 7th measure of In The Village Store. That high note is supposed to be a G, not an A. My typo mistake. I had originally intended Roaming Spirits to by at a bit of a higher tempo, but my friend liked this slower tempo better, so I used that one. I've also slightly changed this piece, but have not updated it on the web site as of yet. In the last measure, instead of haveing the first chord be played as a half note, I've changed it to an 8th note with the final chord to be played as a dotted half, leaving an 8th rest at the very very end of the piece. I'll let you know when I get around to fixing that on the web site. As for Zelda, lets move that conversation into the Coffee Room.

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Well, I've updated all three of the pieces. I still think that I want to make a minor modification to the end of Roaming Spirits, though.

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Well, I've just put up a new one incase anyone is interested.

Etude in B-Minor

B
B
Neat little piece.

Forgive me if I'm wrong please. Maybe I'm missing something...but, why did you call it Etude in B-Minor when it is written in B-Major?

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Beth: Most likely an error on my part. Thankyou for bringing it to my attention. I'll look into it ASAP.

jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Okay, I have updated it on the website to read B-Major instead of B-Minor. I have to wait for aproval again because I modified the piece so, it will be at least a day or two before you all can see it again. Sorry for the wait!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Can you please fix it soon? I would like to hear your etude. Can you describe it? I was working on an etude, I think sent a chunk of it to you.. It was much to plain and simple sounding so I stopped working on it.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Those pieces are nice Chris. You are very talented.
My favorite is "In the Village Store". I also like the B-major etude a lot. The triplet of crotchets at the end of the measures is a good idea.
I didn't know about Scorch but I just clicked and my browser took me to a page where I saw the score and could listen to the pieces in midi format.
What is Sibelius music exactly? Is it a software in which you can just write your music and listen to it in midi? Can you buy the program online? It sounds like something I would like to get.

Thanks and again good work on those pieces!

Stan

"War does not determine who is right; only who is left."
jgoo Offline OP
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Okay, its fixed. You can just click on the link that I left above for it, it will still work to get you there.

StanSteel: Yes, you can buy this very exspensive program online. Its very easy to enter your music. Infact, a lot easier than any other notation software I've ever seen or used. I would highly recomend it.

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission