Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
110 registered (anotherscott, acollins, Auver, 34 invisible), 1599 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Topic Options
#583121 - 12/10/07 04:32 PM Little Einsteins Save Classical Music!
jazzyprof Online   content
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
This weekend a colleague invited me over to dinner. After the meal while the adults had coffee and dessert, his two little kids aged 2 and 3 headed for the TV to watch a DVD: Little Einsteins…Mission Celebration. I had heard of Little Einsteins but, not having any little tykes of my own, had never seen the show. Within minutes I heard the strains of J. S. Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto #5 emanating from the TV. But what amazed me was that the two little ones were actually singing along! I looked at the TV screen and there was the score of the music, large as life, with a red dot highlighting the notes as they were played. I watched as the Little Einsteins embarked on their mission with the two toddlers completely engrossed in it. The next episode had the music of Bizet while the third had Mozart. Each time the kids sang along! The father told me the kids could not get enough of Little Einsteins and that their favorite music was the music used in that show. Later I went online to find out a bit more about Little Einsteins and I read reviews on Amazon.com by parents who had bought the DVD and they were all gushing about how their toddlers absolutely loved the show and the music. I wonder if there are any parents here who have encountered Little Einsteins? Are your kids also singing along to classical music?

Every now and then I see posts here that lament the demise of classical music and how young people do not care for it. Disney’s Little Einsteins may have just come to the rescue!
Little Einsteins Review

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#583122 - 12/10/07 05:06 PM Re: Little Einsteins Save Classical Music!
8ude Offline
2000 Post Club Member

My daughter loves her Baby Beethoven DVD, and also the Baby Bach/Beethoven CDs. It's nice, because while the arrangements may be simplistic, its music that I know and love myself, so I can enjoy it with her...

#583123 - 12/10/07 05:17 PM Re: Little Einsteins Save Classical Music!
Mike090280 Offline

Loc: Texas
Yes jazzyprof my 2 year old loves Little Einsteins. She has all the dvd's and sings along as well. She will watch them over and over all day if we don't make her go play.

I think they are very good for music as well as other things. Very educational.

Mike

#583124 - 12/10/07 05:30 PM Re: Little Einsteins Save Classical Music!
Daffodil Offline

Loc: In a big country
Yes, my 4 y/old enjoys the show, and he also thinks the classical music radio channel in my car is 'ours' (mine and his) as opposed to his older brothers' hits stations.

He also often puts in a request for 'Little Einstein' when I'm playing piano. Fur Elise hits the spot!

#583125 - 12/11/07 03:20 PM Re: Little Einsteins Save Classical Music!
pepper Offline

Loc: SF CA
I think all little kids would love classical music if they were just exposed to it. I can't imagine a young child NOT dancing around the house if a Mozart concerto CD were playing. Too often though all they hear is pop, and they are "told" classical music is boring or something, so they believe it without having ever heard it.

#583126 - 12/11/07 04:08 PM Re: Little Einsteins Save Classical Music!
BruceD Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Victoria, BC
 Quote:
Originally posted by pepper:
I think all little kids would love classical music if they were just exposed to it. I can't imagine a young child NOT dancing around the house if a Mozart concerto CD were playing. Too often though all they hear is pop, and they are "told" classical music is boring or something, so they believe it without having ever heard it. [/b]
I am sure that what you say is true. I just don't understand the necessity of adding a visual element to the inherent entertainment value of the music. Of course, it keeps the kids rooted to one spot, I guess, so it sounds like TV baby-sitting.

The pedagogical value of TV for infants has come under some pretty severe criticism of late.

Regards,

#583127 - 12/11/07 04:16 PM Re: Little Einsteins Save Classical Music!
playadom Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
 Quote:
Originally posted by BruceD:
 Quote:
Originally posted by pepper:
I think all little kids would love classical music if they were just exposed to it. I can't imagine a young child NOT dancing around the house if a Mozart concerto CD were playing. Too often though all they hear is pop, and they are "told" classical music is boring or something, so they believe it without having ever heard it. [/b]
I am sure that what you say is true. I just don't understand the necessity of adding a visual element to the inherent entertainment value of the music. Of course, it keeps the kids rooted to one spot, I guess, so it sounds like TV baby-sitting.

The pedagogical value of TV for infants has come under some pretty severe criticism of late.

Regards, [/b]
While you're right about the visual thing, I do find that it's quite edifying to follow along with the score.

Babies can't read score though...

I do remember reading somewhere that watching these 'genius' shows actually makes the babies less intelligent.

Oh well... I don't have TV, so I'm immune to this 'chewing gum for the mind.'
\:D

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
E4 Just Won't Come Into Tune
by Cobra1365
11/27/14 03:49 PM
10k budget for a piano in SW Ontario
by bogdan101
11/27/14 03:47 PM
Roland PHA3 action, graded?
by stamkorg
11/27/14 02:54 PM
Hello all
by Jytte
11/27/14 02:10 PM
Happy Thanksgiving
by JoelW
11/27/14 01:12 PM
Forum Stats
77071 Members
42 Forums
159402 Topics
2341546 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission