2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, brennbaer, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, 11 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by MMSGA:
Originally posted by valarking:
[b] "Are you a musical genius?"
No.

Guys, let me sum up my previous posts, again, so nobody misunderstands me, again.

I could concievably do it with sufficient time and practice, but [b]I choose not to. [/b]
smile

Do you plan on returning to it at a later date?
I was mesmerised when I first heard it, many years ago, (along with the 2nd Rhapsody), and really wanted to give it a go.
However, it was obviously way too difficult, and I lost 'faith'. I don't plan on returning to it, as it is more beneficial for me to play other things. Likewise with the rhapsody. At the moment, neither are worth my while...

Mike [/b]
I may try it in a few years. It's basically a showpiece and there are others as well that I'd like to learn. It's a blast to play though and the leaping is not something that I have found terribly difficult. It does take some work though.

virtuoso:
If that's all you can come up with... :rolleyes:

M
M
Originally posted by MMSGA:
[b]
[b] "Are you a musical genius?"
No.

Guys, let me sum up my previous posts, again, so nobody misunderstands me, again.

I could concievably do it with sufficient time and practice, but [b]I choose not to. [/b]
smile

Do you plan on returning to it at a later date?
I was mesmerised when I first heard it, many years ago, (along with the 2nd Rhapsody), and really wanted to give it a go.
However, it was obviously way too difficult, and I lost 'faith'. I don't plan on returning to it, as it is more beneficial for me to play other things. Likewise with the rhapsody. At the moment, neither are worth my while...

Mike [/b]
I may try it in a few years. It's basically a showpiece and there are others as well that I'd like to learn. It's a blast to play though and the leaping is not something that I have found terribly difficult. It does take some work though.

virtuoso:
If that's all you can come up with... :rolleyes: [/b]
Yeah - a very visual piece, to be sure. Check out the original - the final movement of the 2nd violin concerto by Pag... It's a little different, but Liszt does a superb transcription. (His first transcription is a little 'thick', but the more popular version we hear, is 'better')..

Maybe you should check out all the Paganini Etudes, and put this into perspective. The 4th is accessible, and the 6th is very rich in sonority.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
MMSGA, I've looked at the other Paganini etudes, both versions. While, yes, the 4th and 6th are perhaps easier than Camanella, the others... eek

Originally posted by Max W:

When you say 'haven't mastered' HR2, what do you mean? Learnt all the notes and working on getting it to speed?
Yeah, pretty much. I can play the piece from start to finish at a decent slowed tempo, but when I try to play several places at normal speed, I start to omit and hit wrong notes. It's like my left hand starts to panic if I go too fast and the rapid octave/chord-octave/chord leaps become impossible.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
DP, I know what you mean...
You know what that means. wink Yep, that's right, SLOW PRACTICE! Mwahahaha...

Haha, I suppose so. It seems like the "P" word is the answer to 90% of problems with learning the piano.

R
R
I am learning it next semester for Uni, I have to do 1 Baroque Piece, 1 Classical, 1 Romantic and 2 20th Cent. So I would like to do the Hungarian Rhapsody no 2, however, no 4 is easier if your thinking of playing one of them.

M
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
M
Originally posted by Deus ex Pianoforte:
Originally posted by Max W:
[b]
When you say 'haven't mastered' HR2, what do you mean? Learnt all the notes and working on getting it to speed?
Yeah, pretty much. I can play the piece from start to finish at a decent slowed tempo, but when I try to play several places at normal speed, I start to omit and hit wrong notes. It's like my left hand starts to panic if I go too fast and the rapid octave/chord-octave/chord leaps become impossible. [/b]
Well I wouldn't put yourself down then, while the majority of the piece is managable there are some real tricky octave leaps smile

(I cant play them at the tempo I'd like to either)

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This thread was hilarious

"He who turns himself into a beast, gets rid of the pain of being a man."
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by NAK:
MMSGA, I take it this isn't one of the posts that exemplifies virtuoso418's grammatical skills.

Originally posted by virtuoso418:
[b]Cool. He's one of my favs. I have some of his CDs but never got to see him in concert. Now I jealous.
Not that I care, really.

NAK [/b]
You kind of...well...completely quoted the wrong person.

NAK Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by NAK:
[b] MMSGA, I take it this isn't one of the posts that exemplifies virtuoso418's grammatical skills.

[b]Cool. He's one of my favs. I have some of his CDs but never got to see him in concert. Now I jealous.
Not that I care, really.

NAK [/b]
You kind of...well...completely quoted the wrong person. [/b]
I did?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

NAK Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
What the....I proof read it 3-4 times!! confused How.....? I've never been more confused in my life. Seriously.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission