Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#628291 - 06/12/08 10:42 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
Okay, your point is taken Emmery and has some validity. But to lump all PTG members together as high brow elitists is just too far a stretch.
Yes I know some members I dont care for in either their personality or their level of competence. But that is my opinion, one I dont share with other techs or with customers. It is no different in my opinion than saying anyone who is not a member is not a real piano technician. I know several in my area who are very good techs but who dont care to be a part of the PTG.

It serves no purpose to continue to recount negative experiences, unless you are using these as a means to advance your own credibility. To me people who do that have no more credibiiity than the incompetent ones that are criticizing.

(ad PTG 568) Grand Action Regulation in 37 Steps
Grand Action Regulation in 37 Steps
#628292 - 06/12/08 11:16 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Piano Guy Offline

Loc: Southern Ontario,Canada
I have also shared the "negative" experience that Emmery had. Same scenario with missing exam papers. 3 times I travelled to a meeting as a paid up associate, a 2 hour drive, only to be given the we dont have them excuse. Next I was told to contact a local RPT, and he would look after it. He never returned my calls or e-mails. After hearing others complain about this, a forum member jumped in and said he would report this to head office, even asked my permission to send along my e-mail. ZIPPOLA !! NOTHING !! However I still love piano work. The differance now is my desire to acheive RPT status has left me.

#628293 - 06/12/08 11:34 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Niagara Region, On. Canada
I don't believe I lumped them all together since I stated that "some" of them have this attitude.
Not here to advance credibility, especially in this way. In all honesty, I should have told this customer to complain to the PTG about this member, according to the PTG's own guidlines. I didn't because dragging another tech down in the eyes of a customer (even if valid) is doing us all a harm in a general, ethical way...or so I was taught.
Ron, I am not sure of what to make of your comment about "recounting negative experiences". I will check the forum posting rules to see if I can find the "rose colored glasses" clause prohibiting it. Were you refering to negative experiences with the Guild only? Either way I agree with you that it(PTG) does serve a purpose for those that seek it. My squabbling is done.

#628294 - 06/12/08 11:35 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
It's to late Emmery, you've already POED a lot off people in here including me for not a very good reason that I can see other than pure prejudice, anger and resentment. Maybe even a bit of jealousy.

Emmery, where are you coming up with these ideas that RPT's are the big bad guys anyway? And are they pointed at the PTG in America? Or the PTG in Canada?

I also know just as many NON RPT's that are such stuck up snobs it isn't even funny. So, now, where does that get us and what does that prove? Everyone is different. Doctors can be snobs, piano tuners can be snobs. Doctors can do lousy work. Piano tuners can too. Not everyone is good. Not everyone is honest.

Bear in mind that many old fashioned ideas came from the OLD FARTS out there that should no longer be in it if they have the kind of mentality and attitude that you are telling us about.

The only reason the public doesn't contact only RPT's is that for one, they don't know any better and for two, the government does not require that all piano tuners be a member or carry some sort of license like most other fields do. Because of that, certain non members like yourself bash the hell out of those of us that have worked so hard to become an RPT and to make PTG the best that we can it for no good reason other than to make yourself look "ok" for not being one of us. Well fine. You don't have to be. But, you also don't have to bash those of us that are either.

We've proven that we can pass these tests. Have you? What's the big fricken deal over there anyway?

If every one of your customers could hear when a piano is in tune or when it is not then none of us would need any training at all. We could pick up a tuning hammer and just start tuning. That's off the wall Emmery. As I said, most of them cannot but, obviously, you'll believe what you will regardless.

You say PTG members. But, are they only PTG members, or are they actually RPT members?

2nd question. How old was this PTG guy that tuned for the radio station? Was he an old geezer?

I can tell you that the RPT's in my city are nothing like the PTG members where you're at. We all do what's right with the piano. If they do it incorrectly up there where you are well, we can't help that down here. But, like I said before, to lump all of us into one heap, just isn't fair. Should I start lumping all of you NON RPT'S into big junk pile too?? Any one of us could come up with a boat load of people that we know that does lousy work. How fair would that be and what good would it do?

Let me say this. Many countries hate Americans. Well, we can't help what our government does anymore than you can help what yours does. We can't help what the newspapers decide to post about us either but, we are not the bad guys here. It's how the rest of the world portrays you, me and everyone else that creates half of the problem.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#628295 - 06/12/08 11:38 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Emmery, regarding your last post...

Here in America, if we catch an RPT doing lousy work, we can and do talk with them and if it continues, we can have them reprimanded by the home office if we can show proof and eventually, kicked out. I have been a part of that myself one time and this particular person was indeed removed. My dad was also a part of that at least 2 times that I know of. We do NOT want lousy RPT's. What good would it be to become one then? ;-)
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#628296 - 06/13/08 10:25 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Silverwood Pianos Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B. C. Canada
There seems to be an obvious complaint here against a particular chapter of the PTG. Since March of 2008 when I joined this public forum, I have noted similar complaints coming from other members of the same PTG chapter. While I am by no means a member, or associate, I can’t help but feel these complaints cannot be addressed by this public forum.

I have noted more than three members of the same area with virtually the same complaint. It would be best to address these concerns in a letter to the Home Office and in particular, the complaint clearly stated and signed by all members concerned. Allot a certain time limit for response, and if none is forth coming then consider a small claims for the return of your fees. After all, if you are paying monthly fees to be a member, the chapter is obligated to address your concerns, or return your money.

Having no exam papers does not even qualify as an excuse, or a reason. This is obfuscation at best, and further could be seen as exclusion by discrimination.

While I am sure that some of the PTG members here sympathize with the plight of the Toronto chapter, this specific problem cannot be addressed here.

Further this does not make all PTG members elitist, or snobby or some other derogatory label. It just means there is a problem with the administration of this particular chapter. So work to get the administration removed, or corrected.
http://www.facebook.com/SilverwoodPianosDotCom
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

#628297 - 06/13/08 10:58 AM Re: fools a plenty!
mitech Offline

Loc: Michigan
While I will be the first to agree with many opinions in this thread, I would also like to point out what I feel is important to me as well.

The statement that this board is becoming more the DIY'ers information data base may very well be due to the fact that we sew the seeds for that to happen.

We can't very well continue offering our answers to such questions making these entire threads become just what they are.

Far be it for me to make a statement that I am better than anyone else. I can read through some of the lines here and see who knows what and who is justing fishing.

But I will say this, there is alot of fueling the fire and beating of a dead horse done here also. That too has made me become a less enthusiastic member of PW.

If you don't like the threads on this site, if they have become "old hat" to you, or offensive in any way. STOP READING THEM!!!

One man's opinion...

PTG Associate Member

#628298 - 06/13/08 11:22 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Jerry, an oversight on my behalf, the tech I was referring to was an RPT...not an Associate Member. As a customer I would have reported him; as a "competing" tech and non-RPT coming in to re-tune the customers' piano, I probably shouldn't for various reasons. I don't know the reason for this techs "rip-off" but the point is that because he was an RPT, it probably wasn't for lack of capability. I stated my situation here to simply make the point that integrity goes hand and hand with knowledge and the only "test" available to measure integrity is somebody coming along that has it, and doing the job the way it should be done. The customer is unfortunately in the middle of all this and we as techs should strive to preserve the integrity of our profession as a whole by being discreet.
I would like to say that I do take some offence to the constant mentions by techs here of customers not knowing the difference of a good tuning or not. This way of thinking is the "seed" of unprofessional attitude and if heard or read by a customer, does nothing to promote the integrity of our work. I know very little about brain surgery, but if I required it, I would question the quality of my surgery if I were to overhear my surgean saying to another that, as his patient, I don't know the difference between a running stitch and a mattress stitch. I coundn't help but wonder that if he's so confident I don't know it, is he also thinking I wouldn't complain, if I didn't get it(when needed)?
I would like to add that dealing with this type of situation is the only thing about this work I dislike, since there is no perfect answer that makes everybody happy.
BTW Jerry, I am a fairly recent joiner of this forum so I am not sure what it was like years ago. It seems to be alright for decent info if you sift and strain a bit. I'm sorry you feel that I am singling out PTG members or RPT's, it was not my intent but rather the limitations of a original single post. If I knew nothing about pianos and had no tech referred to me, I would most likely use one myself to simply to lessen (not eliminate) risks. Please understand that the very nature of one time tests (for any field) does not seperate the people that drink from the Fountain of Knowledge, from the ones that just gargle.

#628299 - 06/13/08 11:23 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Good points Dan and mitech. If we don't anti up and change things ourselves, then we have nobody to blame but ourselves right?

Some time back, a month or so ago, I had written our PTG home office, regarding the Toronto Chapter not doing their job along with the complaints of a couple of people from that area. I received a response from my home office fairly quickly saying they were going to look into it and then they apologized for it. But, I do not know if anything has changed since or was done about it. That's the last I've heard about it but, at least I tried to do my part to help.

If enough of you up there band together, things have to change! But, as I said, it certainly isn't that way down here. And this because all chapter members must be involved, attend meetings faithfully and must take turns administering the meetings and topics in order for it to continue working. If only one or two people do all of the work, it gets old very quickly for those two.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#628300 - 06/13/08 11:36 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Hi Emmery,

If you want to turn his name into me with specific detailed complaints in a private PM to me, I will gladly turn his name over to our home office here for them to look into for you.

Well, from this side of the fence, if one surgeon said to another surgeon that they didn't know the difference, is a whole lot different that one technician (or doctor) saying to the next that the patient doesn't know the difference. :-) And, the patient, doesn't. :-) Most of my customers readily admit that to me without me even saying anything about it. The reason I know too, is that when we get complaints, it is never a tuning complaint per say. It is always something else like a voicing problem, a sticking key, a squeaking pedal or something else that is lumped into "my piano is not tuned right." :-)

It appears too Emmery that this whole mess is singled out to a certain chapter or a certain area in Canada or so it appears but, as Dan * I pointed out, things can be changed and people can be removed.

I strongly suggest that you get involved and make something happen up there.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#628301 - 06/13/08 12:06 PM Re: fools a plenty!
UprightTooner Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: North-East US
Despite my unsocial attitude, I am still tempted to get involved with the PTG. But having talked to and seen the work of some of the best the PTG has to offer in this area, I am unimpressed. I don’t see much to gain from (or offer to) the local chapter. Also, it meets 2 hours away. I have gained a great deal from this Forum, though!

#628302 - 06/13/08 12:29 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Sam Casey Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: SW Missouri
I find RPTs have a certain "aura" or glow when working on a piano. They also emit a kind of musky scent, a rosewood dust/oil polish/CLP thing that drives the fairer sex mad. These effects are limited to RPTs, however. Associates have a smokey pall about them and a rusty pin/mouse turd/WD40 reek. Something in the test clears it right up.

FLYING PIGS AWAY!!!!!!!!

#628303 - 06/13/08 12:29 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Then, get involved and start your own chapter.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#628304 - 06/13/08 01:09 PM Re: fools a plenty!
mitech Offline

Loc: Michigan
Well said, Jerry!

Sam, with all due respect to you, I am somewhat offended. I am one of those rusty pin/mouse turd/WD40 reek Associte members of whom you speak.
But I smell of "Stetson for Men" (hehehe)

All in good fun............

PTG Associate Member

#628305 - 06/13/08 01:12 PM Re: fools a plenty!
UprightTooner Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: North-East US
Jerry:

Great idea!

Chapter One

It was a dark and stormy night...

#628306 - 06/13/08 03:37 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sam, let me say I love your sense of humor!!!! If anyone is offended they may need a humor pill. I hear they come in varying doses, and even an overdose can be good.

I must say as one of those smokey, rusty pin/mouse turd/ types...I abhor WD40 within 25 feet of a piano...I laughed my butt off over that comment!!!!!!

#628307 - 06/13/08 04:25 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

I get a big kick out of your humor too Sam.

Thanks Mitech.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#628308 - 06/13/08 04:50 PM Re: fools a plenty!
eddie twang Offline

Loc: east yorks,england
mr G,you are a bluffer,and god only knows there are plenty on this site!.l can spout off words of wisdom all night long and you can pretend you know where l am coming from... but you dont and you never will.

#628309 - 06/13/08 06:09 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yeah Eddie, kind of like a bunch of fart sniffers, something smells but no clue where it originated!!!! hehe

#628310 - 06/13/08 06:44 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Sam Casey Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: SW Missouri
Sorry boys I couldn't help it. Things were getting a bit thick and on the absurd side so I figured I just push it over the edge.

Mouse turds are in my blood...

#628311 - 06/13/08 08:32 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

No need for apology Sam, it needs to be done more often.

That's one for the book Sam, "The Greatest Sayings of Sam Casey." I wanna reserve a copy!!!

#628312 - 06/14/08 01:19 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Thomson Lawrie Offline

Loc: Grimsby ON Canada
I feel that I should say a few words about the Toronto chapter of the PTG since this has come up a few times in the last month or two on this forum.

First, a bit of historical prespective. There is a unique situation in the province of Ontario. A piano technician in Ontario has the option to belong to three different professional organizations for piano technicians, the PTG, the Ontario Guild Of Piano Technicians ( OGPT) and the Canadian Association Of Piano Technicians (CAPT). I am a member to two, the PTG and CAPT.

My understanding is that the OGPT was originally part of the PTG but broke away to form their own independent organization in the 1950's. From that time until 1980 there were no PTG chapters in the province of Ontario. From the 1950's to 1980 the only guild in Ontario was the OGPT. There was a resurgence of the PTG in 1980 and the Toronto chapter was formed. The PTG grew quite rapidly during the 80's and 90's but seems to have stalled in the last few years.

It is very unfair to judge the few who have stayed on the executive, volunteering their time year in and year out to keep the Toronto chapter afloat. I am not aware of any other area that the PTG operates that it faces such competition. Many of the technicians who are members of the Toronto PTG chapter are also members of the other two organizations and I suppose they don't feel the same commitment to a chapter that technicians do in other areas.

To place the blame on the present chapter president is totally off the mark (as I read in a previous thread where this topic surfaced). He has spent many years on the National executive and has contributed more to the PTG than 90% of PTG members ever will. He has just been in the unfortunate position of being "left standing when the music stopped".

I was a member of the Toronto chapter for 20 years. I rejoined this last year after a number of years of absence and I hope to help get the Toronto chapter up and running again. So far my good intentions have not translated into action but July and August are coming and I hope to have some time when things slow down a bit. If anyone is interested in helping out with this or in membership or testing, please contact me through PM on this forum.

For those who complained that their requests for information or testing where not handled properly, I'm sorry that that happened to you but I would ask you to consider that PTG members are just like you, they are trying to run a business and are volunteering there time and energy. No one that I know in this business puts in just a 40 hour week.

#628313 - 06/14/08 06:24 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Piano Guy Offline

I was one who voiced my "concerns". I certainly understand all volunteer members. The concern was the constant saying of maybe next time we will have things in order. Certainly even busy people could find 5 minutes to e mail or call head office to get their hands on proper paper work. Even after a member of this forum tried to help, there was still no replies. As for the chapter itself...great guys..and I always enjoyed going. At the time I travelled from London to Toronto. That travel seems to be the biggest stumbling block for many I know in this business. Do a head count for the Golden Horseshoe/Niagara. Perhaps enough for a NEW CHAPTER. All in all mostly frsutration, I didnt mean anything to appear as complaints directed @ anyone. However, if you step up to volunteer for something..then do it! Or dont volunteer. :3hearts:

#628314 - 06/14/08 09:35 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks for your response Thompson L, I was wondering what the requirements from the PTG are to start a new chapter. Do you think this would be viable for the area between Hamilton-Fort Erie?
I certainly would volunteer some of my time and know of a few others that probably could. Your comment about keeping the Toronto chapter "afloat" does not clarify if its problems are executive or membership commitment related or something entirely different. One of my instructors at GBC in the 80's is now at U of G and has a program there which does hold fairly regular 3-4 day seminars with high quality lecturers. Right now this seems as one of the best ways to let us technicians keep our finger on the pulse of this profession in veiw of the partial vacume we have as an alternative.

#628315 - 06/14/08 09:51 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Correction here to my previous post, it is the University of Western Ontario, not U of G. Going to all those Giffons games last year must have confused me.

#628316 - 06/14/08 10:30 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Silverwood Pianos Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B. C. Canada
Emmery, Thomson, and Richard,

I am not totally sure but I believe that the requirement to start a new PTG chapter is that someone has to be an RPT. There may be other requirements that I am not aware of.

cheers.....
http://www.facebook.com/SilverwoodPianosDotCom
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

#628317 - 06/14/08 11:44 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

To all,

Lawrie, thanks for chiming in and helping us all to understand what's really going on here.

It is very interesting that there are 3 different piano organizations to which one can belong up there. I would think, they would possibly be in conflict, or, maybe a better word, competition with one another for who is the best or, which one "we" should belong too?

I will happily volunteer my time for you, to write a letter to my home office PTG here in USA and ask the question of what is required to start a new chapter in Canada. I will post the answers here in this forum when I get a reply for you all to read.

One thing that is very important to remember is that if only one or two people wind up running the whole show year in and year out, it will likely flop from burnout. Everyone must take their turn doing a meeting, setting it up or something.

To this day, each one of our RPT members, takes turns giving a meeting each month on something of interest for the learning of all. The more members you have, the less often you have to take your turn! :-)

We also call in and pay all expenses for outside members to drive in to give meetings too or, we barter with them. Sometimes, one of them will drive in and do a meeting for us, and maybe the next month, one of us, does a meeting for them.

I will write my home office now and find out what it takes and will get back to you on that.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#628318 - 06/14/08 12:47 PM Re: fools a plenty!
Piano Guy Offline

The Canadian Association of Piano Technicians mainly operates out western Canada. They publish a newsletter numerous times a year, but probably does not compete. The OGPT is active in much the same area. The only reason I asuggested a Hamilton/Niagara chapter is there seems to be a lot of tuners in the area. When I was going to Toronto to meetings. most wwere local and farther north. I knew at least 8 guys in London ON including those @UWO who were not members. I think its mostly geography.

#628319 - 06/15/08 04:30 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Mr G. Offline

Loc: Sydney
eddie and rjalex,

Did I touch on some personal sensitivity and/or insecurity or are you just being as crude to me as you are to your potential customers?

Well, contrary to your perception I am not a bluffer in any way whatsoever. My professional qualifications as a cabinet maker and a French polisher, tertiary education and a very successful piano restoration company are testimony to it all.

My name in this forum stands for the initial of my real surname, the mobile phone number at the bottom of my posts is my personal phone in real life and the address is of the factory I own where I practice my skills for which I am recognized by my peers locally to be an authority in the field.

I am posting on forums because I believe that I can contribute to the betterment of the piano industry as a whole and not to bluff my way around it. And from that perspective, surely, blasting people for daring to ask questions in forums and/or in work shops is universally acknowledged as not the best way to close deals.

The Piano Restoration Company
1/14 Burns Road,
Heathcote NSW 2233 Australia
M: 0417 255 420
www.thepianorestorationcompany.com.au

#628320 - 06/15/08 07:47 AM Re: fools a plenty!
Thomson Lawrie Offline

Loc: Grimsby ON Canada
Quote "step up to volunteer for something..then do it! Or dont volunteer."

Richard, I agree with you but I think what has happened is that someone takes on a position when it is clear that no one is going to. They feel obligated rather than let the chapter suffer. In turn then end up doing a poor job because they didn't really want the job. Some times it is better to let things fall apart first. Sometimes they have to get worse before they get better although it doesn't seem so at the time.

It's too bad about London, it's hard for a place that is half way between Two chapters ( Toronto & Detroit). When I was in charge of the program we had at least one meeting a year in Kitchener to try and bring in the folks from the western end. We would see a few new faces but it was mostly the same people who would come out to the meetings in the GTA that came out.

If the PTG is something that still interests you then you have a great opportunity now. You are just minutes away from the Buffalo chapter, if you don't mind the hassle at the border. If you come out to a meeting for the Toronto chapter I guarantee that I will meet you at the door with the paperwork for membership application.

Emmery, I don't think there are enough technicians in the area between Hamilton and Fort Erie to form a chapter. I know from years of trying to talk technicians in the area into coming out to even one meeting that it can be a hard sell. If the 6 million plus in the Toronto area struggle to support a chapter then this much smaller population is not going to be viable.

All it would take is a handful of technicians with a bit of energy and imagination to get things back on track in Toronto. The chapter is financially sound and has a budget for bringing in some interesting speakers. All it would take is a few techs willing to co-ordinate it. In the last year it has come down to two techs that are trying to run the chapter and they are just tapped out. I have already talked to Anne Francis, who is a regular on this forum and she is quite willing to contribute some time and energy. If you and some of the people you know would be willing to volunteer some time I think we could be up and running again in no time. I don't see any reason why we couldn't meet 5 or 6 times this coming year, starting in September. I'll be in touch with you through PM. besides I'm curious who you were referring to in your earlier posts because there aren't any PTG RPTs in the Niagara area. ( I have to be retested because I let my membership lapse a few years back).

Jerry, Thanks for your offer to help with info on a new chapter but I think it is putting the cart before the horse. If there are enough people in the area west of Toronto to start a chapter then is shouldn't be that hard to get the Toronto chapter up and running again without reinventing the wheel. The Toronto chapter can meet in the area west of the city if thats what suits the active members.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
117 registered (aesop, Allard, ajames, accordeur, alans, 29 invisible), 1532 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75893 Members
42 Forums
156828 Topics
2304413 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuning Database
by Sean Montgomery
08/21/14 05:35 AM
POSTING PICTURES
by bluebilly
08/21/14 03:19 AM
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
08/21/14 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
08/20/14 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
08/20/14 11:45 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission