I am trying to identify a old piano that I just refinished. It was refinished before so it didnt have the fallboard decal. I want to put the appropriate decal back. The piano action is dated 1928. It was a player piano. I found a serial number 72942 and another number on some parts W255. The only evidence of a name is a stamp type of logo thats on the metal harp. Its about 1.5 inches in diameter and contains what appear to be 3 letters. There is a C and a W and a I they are all superimposed the W is over the C and the I is in the midle of the W going from the top midle point to the bottom between the two bottom points. The W and I are slightly larger than the C. I took digital photos of the logo and the piano however I cant seem to figure out how to attach them to this post. If you would like to see the photos please give me your e-mailaddress and I will e-mail them to you, I know how to do that. I was told that because there is a C,W, I. that perhaps it is a Winter &co. inc piano made in Toronto Canada. I live in Ottawa Ontario so that makes sense. If any of you tuners have ever worked on a Winter &co. Inc piano perhaps you recognize this logo. The serial number makes it a 1922 manufacture date if in fact it is a Winter & co. piano. But then why would the action be dated 1922.
I would appreciate any help or opions.
Thanks, Mark[EMAIL]null[/EMAIL] [img]null[/img]