Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#656492 - 04/24/07 11:53 AM NEED HELP with tweeking gem rp-x sound module
pianomike Offline

Is there anyone who can tell me how to make the number 1 piano which is the faziolo grand sound like a faziolo grand? The book is kind of hard to understand and I have been tweeking the velocity ,efx,and reverb but am not able to get the deep rich sound of a grand piano.The module is being ran through my cp33 which so far is winning the sound war between the pianos. I was looking through the forums a couple of weeks ago and came across a rp-x page that showed the different settings you could use to get the best sound out of the module but am unable to find it and am not shure which forum it was on. Any help would be appreciated.

(ad) Roland

Click Here

#656493 - 04/25/07 08:14 PM Re: NEED HELP with tweeking gem rp-x sound module
pianomike Offline

well I found out why I was having so much trouble getting a decent sound out of the rp-x, somebody was allready trying out the module before I did and all the piano sounds were screwed up. I finally tried reseting the sound module and it makes a big difference. This is my first sound module and that didn"t even occur to me. The owners manual is also screwed up,it has some of the instruments in the wrong order or two numbers ahead or behind.

#656494 - 04/26/07 03:06 AM Re: NEED HELP with tweeking gem rp-x sound module
vgeorge Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hi there, I too was thinking of buying the module but your first post really terrified me Frankly, how good is the sound after resetting? Dramatic improvement? I wish to know as I will be ordering it via the net and there is no way I can try it. Are you using monitor speakers as well. Please reply

#656495 - 04/26/07 03:56 AM Re: NEED HELP with tweeking gem rp-x sound module
Richard Stark Offline

Loc: Hälsingland, Sweden
 Quote:
Originally posted by pianomike:
The owners manual is also screwed up,it has some of the instruments in the wrong order or two numbers ahead or behind. [/b]
Maybe you’re mixing performances with sounds? This module works by performances. Every performance (99) can have 4 sounds (parts) layered or split across the keyboard. To change a part (sound) within a performance you have to press the edit button or else the display will show the number of the performance and not the selected sound.

(from the manual , I don't own one, yet ;\) )

Best regards,

/Richard

#656496 - 04/26/07 09:25 AM Re: NEED HELP with tweeking gem rp-x sound module
Mike Warren Offline

Loc: Cairns Australia
Does anyone know of any other mp3 demos of the RP-X apart from the GEM site? I quite like the EP demos but the piece chosen to demo the Fazioli just doesn't have enough dynamics to show the tone variation (or lack thereof).

#656497 - 04/26/07 11:27 AM Re: NEED HELP with tweeking gem rp-x sound module
pianomike Offline

Hi everybody, in respone to the question on the piano sounds they are deffinetly pretty good, you can still tell there a litlle synthetic but not much. Compared to the pianosounds on my cp33 they have alot more sustain to them and I can articulatte the slower songs alot better without the pianosounds falling off. There are 4 or 5 piano sounds on it that sound very good with the diferrent songs I play mainly billy joel , elton john ,james taylor,jim croce, etc. for the faster jazz songs I still like the cp33 but I haven"t tweeked any of the sounds yet and the manual says it easier to do over the computer with the disk they sent with the module.Being a little computer illiterate and not having my own computer I find that a pain. The electric pianos are great sounding and Ialso like the string sounds. I just recieved it this week so Im not quiet familiar with all the sounds on it. It deffinetly was worth the $650 dollars I paid for it. It came with a midi cable but Ihad ordered one anyway ,when I opened the box up the module was in upside down that should have alerted me that some one tested it out before I did and they got into the edit mode and screwed up most of the piano sounds. I was relieved when I reset it. There are two sets of sounds on it, performance mode which has 99 sound and the numbering in the book is correct and the regular sounds which have 50 sounds and two different numbers for each sound ,after you get to piano sound number 10 niethther one of the numbers correspond to the sound bieng played. I hope this helps you out.

#656498 - 04/26/07 01:54 PM Re: NEED HELP with tweeking gem rp-x sound module
pianomike Offline

v george, in response to the question am I using moniters, im using a peavey 275 watt powered 12 inch speaker with a krk 10 inch 200 watt powered sub woofer. I use this set up for practise and playing out at different gigs. when im playing out im using two key boards so i run them both through a yamaha 8 channel stereo mixer.I run the yamaha cp33 through a stereo sonic maximizer which gives it more depth and a cleaner sound.

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
92 registered (ASLevelMusicTheory, 36251, Almaviva, ADWyatt, 26 invisible), 1135 Guests and 43 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153597 Topics
2251162 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First recordings - Some music for Easter
by wolferblade
Today at 01:01 AM
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
Today at 12:04 AM
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
CA glue applications
by accordeur
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission