I bought a Yamaha P250 over a year ago and I love it. I bought it mostly for the action and the piano sounds, but I knew I wanted to learn about all that voice editing and MIDI stuff. I've only played my acoustic pianos and my Hammond (bought in 1973, sold in 1984), so digital is new.
I need some help getting up the digital learning curve. I have three manuals:
- P250 Owners manual
- P250 Data List
- "Tools for P-250" software manual
Frankly, they all assume some base level of knowledge that I don't have, so I'm getting minimal help from them. While I want to learn some specific things like,
- changing the time on the Echo effect
- moving a performance setting from one performance file to another
- what those voice edit parameter near the end of the list do
- How I get past the broken English error message in trying to set up the Tools for P-250 software (Yamaha didn't respond to e-mail).
I would really like some top level tutorial that tells me:
- what I can do with the Yamaha itself
- what I can do with the Yamaha, my laptop and the Tools for P-250 software
- what I
- what I can do with the Yamaha, my laptop and the Yamaha Cakewalk Home Studio software my wife bought me.
I relate well to system diagrams and complete sentences.
Is there a book, weblink, or other resource I should check out?
Thanks for the guidance,